* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#8401 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

Now for something completely different....Knack was the game that everyone "knew" would be PS+ eventually.

So what game are we now waiting on forever?

#8402 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

Now for something completely different....Knack was the game that everyone "knew" would be PS+ eventually.

Any of the Double Fine games released after Broken Age. Specifically Full Throttle and Headlander.

#8403 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1814 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

Knack 2, duh.

But seriously, my personal vote's on Arkham Knight.

#8404 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2255 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Kate Upton

doesn't know how to properly tie bikini

blinks when photo is taken of her

wears mismatched clashing necklaces

bony neck

despite being a refrigerator, she does not actually cool beverages

2/10   WOULD NOT BANG

My man :)

• AoA likes this

#8405 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:31 AM

PSN trade thread seems dead, so anyone that wants $0 to $2 Paypal for a stick of truth code, lemme know!   8-[

Join Ebates

Join PrizeRebel

#8406 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:40 AM

I'm selling South Park for $40, get at me.

#8407 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:49 AM

I'm selling South Park for $40, get at me.

Join Ebates

Join PrizeRebel

#8408 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:46 AM

Apparently that makes us the crazy ones in today's gaming landscape. Playing a game just for fun... like wtf?

Sure let's skip a perfectly fun game for some arbitrary digital trophy. Go you.

eh, i sometimes don't buy a game if it doesn't have a platinum.  i know i get heavily invested in games and like to plat them... i like beating them on the hardest difficulty, doing 1cc runs, etc.   so if i'm going to do all that, then see i'll have like 2 other grindy trophies to get... but -not- get a plat for all that effort, i might skip it.

you'd be right that this would be sad, except for the fact there are dozens if not hundreds of other games to take it's place.   it's not like not playing that one game will negatively affect me - in fact, it's more likely i would never have gotten to it anyway, and simply saved $5.

don't get me wrong - i don't actually 'like' trophies either.  i wish i could ignore them.  but because i generally do 85% of the things anyway,  it becomes hard to ignore the other 15%.

#8409 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:52 AM

Grand Kingdom is good, but I couldn't get into it.   i really liked the combat system, though.   It's the game I -want- to love, but just can't get hooked on.

Knack wasn't really my thing. I did my part and bought it cheap though.

I really need to make a trip to GS and sell some games.  I'm really annoyed that amazon stopped being an easy place to sell my stuff... i get like a quarter of what i used to, which sucks, but isn't quite enough reason to go back to ebay, which i hate using.

#8410 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:54 AM

We did it guys. Knack is a ps plus game.

DarkLordOmega.png

#8411 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:08 AM

I got Xbox Achievements, Playstation Trophies, Steam Achievements, and a plethora of games/backlog that I may or may not ever play. I gave up on getting every single virtual pat on the backs a long time ago. I play what I like, get what I can get and move on. I can count on one hand the number of 100% and Plats I obtained. 

I'm going to raise my old man stick and tell you all that I used to play games for fun, controllers used to have one or two buttons.  Half of the excitement came from playing hard ass games, and the other half was hoping the console didn't reset on its own or that mom didn't come into the room to tell you to turn it off and go to bed. The only achievement was telling someone you beat a game.

I'm off to yell at clouds!

#8412 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

The amount of gamers who never played games before achievements were implemented is so tiny that anyone who says that line just wants to make themselves feel better about not caring about trophies.

#8413 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:34 AM

I care enough to get them, just not enough to complete a set. Hell, it's better for me anyway since there are games that I bought years ago that have unobtainable achievements. I just found out that Forza 5 has a few locked away in taken down DLC. I was mad, but after a nap and some ice cream (It's It) I felt better.

#8414 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3362 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:52 AM

Knack is finally free. Amazing. Grand kingdom means my physical copy goes bye bye now.

Now that Knack is free on Plus I hope the apocalypse isn't too far behind. Anyway, I've got an unopened copy of Grand Kingdom lying around here somewhere. Guess I'll just hold onto it since the trade-in value isn't even worth the effort.

Its been said before and I'll say it again, if you buy a game for the price you're willing to pay for it there is no real room to be in an uproar when its +.

Yeah it sucks, I'm a CAG as well, and we all want games we don't already have but this has been going on for how long, like 8 years? I'm surprised at people's ability to continue to be enraged on the monthly.

Come on man, most people can't handle that much sensible thinking.

Killbomb.png

#8415 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   1966 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:55 AM

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

#8416 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2768 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:45 AM

Little pissed I bought this last month for 4.99, crappy PSN+

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8417 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Ahhh yeesss. Finally. I remember me and others would suggest not to buy this one because we knew...we KNEW this was going to be a PS+ freebee - it had “wait for it” written all over it - and now the time has come. The prophecy has come true.....ok I’m going to end it right there. Getting a little tooo deep with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8418 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   918 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

As a follower of this thread since well before the PS4 launched, I literally LOL'd when I read on IGN that Knack was one of the free PS+ games in February!

Posted Image

#8419 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

this is why i laugh when people question the validity of sites like IGN yet prefer the opinions of posters on this forum

only here will you see anybody say that amazing games like Uncharted and Last of Us are bad games

btw The Last of Us is best on hard mode, if you can't handle that you just aren't very good

Played the ps4 remaster without Batman vision and it was a completely different experience compared to my ps3 playthrough.

I enjoyed it way more and by playing predator like the whole game i was able to rambo the last level that i hated during my ps3 playthrough...and it felt great

#8420 Lonely Boy  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

I completed over 31 games during the month of January.  :shock:

The sad part is that I've barely made a dent in my backlog and there is absolutely NO way I'll be able to keep this rate up all year (especially since I purposefully chose shorter games that could be completed in less than 6-8 hours). The other sad part is that I can only remember half of the titles now.

The best part is that I haven't even gotten to my most anticipated titles yet, so I still have a lot to look forward to. And I've been having a LOT of fun lately, arguably more than I've ever had before in my life. Kind of makes the fact that I'm homeless and unemployed a little more bearable.

Just for some perspective, I completed 30 games during the entire 2017 calendar year (although one could argue quality vs. quantity). 2018 is shaping up to be my most hedonistic year ever!  :D

#8421 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

I got Xbox Achievements, Playstation Trophies, Steam Achievements, and a plethora of games/backlog that I may or may not ever play. I gave up on getting every single virtual pat on the backs a long time ago. I play what I like, get what I can get and move on. I can count on one hand the number of 100% and Plats I obtained. 

I'm going to raise my old man stick and tell you all that I used to play games for fun, controllers used to have one or two buttons.  Half of the excitement came from playing hard ass games, and the other half was hoping the console didn't reset on its own or that mom didn't come into the room to tell you to turn it off and go to bed. The only achievement was telling someone you beat a game.

I'm off to yell at clouds!

I'm a relative old man too.  It's not about 'virtual pats on the back'.  I feel like that's what people that hate trophies don't understand.   For me, it's more like 'I mastered this game, and did every last thing in it, and got my moneys worth'.    If I get the plat, I can put the game down and move on.   Any game I don't get the plat for [and there are a lot] feels like reading 95% of a book and then putting it down... it... itches.

Now, obviously, some trophies are stupid and grindy and have nothing to do with mastering the game.  The problem is, by the time I've already played the game on superhard, and 1cc'd it, and did all the other 'hard' stuff... there's usually only one or two stupid grindy trophies that I might as well do as well, or else it'll itch at me for the same reason I needed to beat the game on hard.

Don't get me wrong, I wish trophies were never implemented.  I've done some grindy ass things for that last trophy [see my next post].    There are a couple games I wouldn't mind replaying, but it's less likely since I've already plat'd them.

#8422 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4408 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Ruiner  [post platinum review]

I absolutely loved this game.

- absolutely fantastic atmosphere.  Like, best of show atmosphere.   Great sound, great music, great graphics, all done in a perfect Blade Runner meets anime world.

-great action.   combat is arcadey and solid.    You've got tons of different builds... melee, guns, dashing around the map.

I played on hard first.   The tutorial and first level were truly hard [like, really hard] but once you get past that and start unlocking skills it's very doable.   Death isn't an issue, since you restart right at the battle you died at with full health.  Switch some skills around for that battle, and you'll make it through.

It's close to a 10/10 for me.

Biggest issues:

Man, they have some grindy trophies.      You need to die 666 times.  You might die 100-200 times naturally during a hard run, meaning you need to grind these out getting instakilled [maybe 4 seconds per death if you make a supply cart fall on your head].    In perhaps the stupidest trophy ever, you need to do 1003 pushups... which means holding down up on the dpad for about 15 minutes [I literally used a clamp and got the trophy while writing this review].   You also need 9000 dashes, which I got by playing normally on my hard run, and then dashing like an idiot everywhere for my 1cc run.   Basically, these trophies do not respect your time, and, given the otherwise amazing game with fair and respectable trophies, is quite annoying.

Which is exactly the issue I was describing in my last post.  I'd already done -really hard- trophies that I was happy to do [like beating the game on hard, 1cc'ing the game], so leaving these other couple trophies undone felt...wrong.   It's not that I wanted a pat on the back, it's that I wanted to 'beat' the game, and that includes the plat for me.

#8423 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

I've played games since the Atari in the 80s. I'm a recovering trophy whore. I still get plats if they're easy or I really enjoy the game, but my days off playing the highest difficulty and grinding 10,000 kills are pretty much over. I agree with affa, they aren't Pat's on the back, but rather I feel like I get my money's worth for trying different things to get trophies.

#8424 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1672 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

Ruiner [post platinum review]

I absolutely loved this game.

- absolutely fantastic atmosphere. Like, best of show atmosphere. Great sound, great music, great graphics, all done in a perfect Blade Runner meets anime world.

-great action. combat is arcadey and solid. You've got tons of different builds... melee, guns, dashing around the map.

I played on hard first. The tutorial and first level were truly hard [like, really hard] but once you get past that and start unlocking skills it's very doable. Death isn't an issue, since you restart right at the battle you died at with full health. Switch some skills around for that battle, and you'll make it through.

It's close to a 10/10 for me.

Biggest issues:

Man, they have some grindy trophies. You need to die 666 times. You might die 100-200 times naturally during a hard run, meaning you need to grind these out getting instakilled [maybe 4 seconds per death if you make a supply cart fall on your head]. In perhaps the stupidest trophy ever, you need to do 1003 pushups... which means holding down up on the dpad for about 15 minutes [I literally used a clamp and got the trophy while writing this review]. You also need 9000 dashes, which I got by playing normally on my hard run, and then dashing like an idiot everywhere for my 1cc run. Basically, these trophies do not respect your time, and, given the otherwise amazing game with fair and respectable trophies, is quite annoying.

Which is exactly the issue I was describing in my last post. I'd already done -really hard- trophies that I was happy to do [like beating the game on hard, 1cc'ing the game], so leaving these other couple trophies undone felt...wrong. It's not that I wanted a pat on the back, it's that I wanted to 'beat' the game, and that includes the plat for me.

This shit sounds awful. I'm sorry you had to do this. Seriously I think plantinum chasing has to do with OCD.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#8425 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

I'm a relative old man too. It's not about 'virtual pats on the back'. I feel like that's what people that hate trophies don't understand. For me, it's more like 'I mastered this game, and did every last thing in it, and got my moneys worth'. If I get the plat, I can put the game down and move on. Any game I don't get the plat for [and there are a lot] feels like reading 95% of a book and then putting it down... it... itches.

Now, obviously, some trophies are stupid and grindy and have nothing to do with mastering the game. The problem is, by the time I've already played the game on superhard, and 1cc'd it, and did all the other 'hard' stuff... there's usually only one or two stupid grindy trophies that I might as well do as well, or else it'll itch at me for the same reason I needed to beat the game on hard.

Don't get me wrong, I wish trophies were never implemented. I've done some grindy ass things for that last trophy [see my next post]. There are a couple games I wouldn't mind replaying, but it's less likely since I've already plat'd them.

I feel like the same people who hunt for trophies are the same people who wanted to 100% games before trophies.

#8426 runthejewels  

runthejewels

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

I completed over 31 games during the month of January. :shock:

The sad part is that I've barely made a dent in my backlog and there is absolutely NO way I'll be able to keep this rate up all year (especially since I purposefully chose shorter games that could be completed in less than 6-8 hours). The other sad part is that I can only remember half of the titles now.

The best part is that I haven't even gotten to my most anticipated titles yet, so I still have a lot to look forward to. And I've been having a LOT of fun lately, arguably more than I've ever had before in my life. Kind of makes the fact that I'm homeless and unemployed a little more bearable.

Just for some perspective, I completed 30 games during the entire 2017 calendar year (although one could argue quality vs. quantity). 2018 is shaping up to be my most hedonistic year ever! :D

You're homeless and unemployed yet you're spending tons of money on games? Bruh.

#8427 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5771 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

I feel like the same people who hunt for trophies are the same people who wanted to 100% games before trophies.

The difference is that the trophies (particularly lack of a platinum) affect game sales to some people.

If a pre-trophy game had a completion percentage that for whatever reason only went up to 95%, by choice, would a platinum hunter not have bought it because it wouldn't show you that you 100%-ed the game?

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

Battle.net BattleTag: Zsaber#11913

PSN: Zsaber64

#8428 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3167 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:42 PM

You're homeless and unemployed yet you're spending tons of money on games? Bruh.

It's ok.  He didn't say he's gaming on a PS4 Pro, so he's still slumming it.  I bet his TV is not HDR compliant either.  Think before you criticize or jump to conclusions.

#8429 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39968 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Trophies are cool. They add replay value to some games.

I love people who act like they're too good for trophies though. It's neat.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#8430 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

If a pre-trophy game had a completion percentage that for whatever reason only went up to 95%, by choice, would a platinum hunter not have bought it because it wouldn't show you that you 100%-ed the game?

Yes (I would buy it I should say)? Most games that you would 100% never had actual percentages displayed in the game anyway. I spent most of my early teen years just playing PS1 JRPGs and I would almost always "100%" them, but it's not like there was some thing in the game telling me that I had completed all the content. I just played them until all my characters had the best equipment/skills and I had defeated all the hardest bosses and dungeons.

Edited by Zenax[zd], 01 February 2018 - 06:54 PM.

ZenaxPure.png