* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#9451 CrepeNuts  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

What sucks even more is that we usually get some cross Buy games for PS4 so either way we’re losing out even if you don’t have a PS3 or Vita.

Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Like I said, at least they have a year’s notice.

We’re straight up losing value and getting nothing to compensate and the price is staying the same. Is this Sony getting cocky again?

#9452 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10953 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

We’re straight up losing value and getting nothing to compensate and the price is staying the same. Is this Sony getting cocky again?

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I was thrilled that Microsoft not only made four great games BC yesterday but added 4K Xbox One X enhancements to all of them.

Not being fanboyish. I love both consoles. And MS is in a position where they need to do more.

#9453 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5449 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

Now this is what im talking about! Im glad my patience with Bloodbourne finally pays off. Also I was in the mood for another playthrough of R&C after watching the movie. Mighty #9 and Claire are cherries ontop.

#9454 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, I was thrilled that Microsoft not only made four great games BC yesterday but added 4K Xbox One X enhancements to all of them.

Not being fanboyish. I love both consoles. And MS is in a position where they need to do more.

Yes.  This is why competition is good (for the consumer).

#9455 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37989 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

Makes sense they'd make it a big month with an announcement like that, otherwise there'd be blood. . .borne. 8-)

Boo_This_Man.gif

#9456 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3608 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

I'm sure MS is loving this and hopefully they are even more aggressive with their offerings instead of taking their foot off the gas.

It's easy to hope that maybe Sony will step up their offerings next year when this takes effect, but their track record doesn't give much reason to be optimistic. If both games are of Bloodborne/R&C quality then that's great. However if we get a couple of bad indie clones month after month then they clearly don't care.

#9457 RiPPn  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Remember when Sony started charging an extra $10 for a year of Plus and didn’t add any extra value to the service? It’s what I’m afraid of what will happen when we lose ps3 and vita.

Mighty No 9 is the right price for me to check it out. Already have the big 2 games. Great month for those who don’t have them.

Edit: Fuck.

Going from 6 games to 2 is brutal.. even if you didn't own the other platforms with cross-buy it usually meant you got 4 games out of it.  This also means that Games with Gold will be giving out double the value once this goes into effect.. Even worse is it probably means they will give 2 retail games which really sucks because any good retail game I usually already own and I need the digital only games to make the service even worth it.  Well I'll enjoy the remaining year and save my complaining for when it kicks in.

#9458 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6857 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Wow, excellent PS+ lineup.

Is Friday the 13th still worth picking up?

#9459 charlamagne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

charlamagne

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Going from 6 games to 2 is brutal.. even if you didn't own the other platforms with cross-buy it usually meant you got 4 games out of it.  This also means that Games with Gold will be giving out double the value once this goes into effect.. Even worse is it probably means they will give 2 retail games which really sucks because any good retail game I usually already own and I need the digital only games to make the service even worth it.  Well I'll enjoy the remaining year and save my complaining for when it kicks in.

Not sure I agree that losing the 4 PS3/Vita games a month is a bad thing.

1. The implication of not including PS3/Vita is that the PS4 games will be better, since their whole budget will focus on the PS4 offerings. 

2. The PS3 games have been completely useless to me for a long time now. Also they have already gone through a lot of them, and it's not like developers will keep putting out PS3 games, certainly not anything of value. 

#9460 CrepeNuts  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

1. The implication of not including PS3/Vita is that the PS4 games will be better, since their whole budget will focus on the PS4 offerings.

Pipe dream. Like I said, a couple years ago they raised the price for a year of Plus by $10 and added no value. There’s no reason to think that the quality of the PS4 games offered will be any better than they have been since the PS4 came out. This is a bad move for the consumer.

#9461 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10953 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

Not sure I agree that losing the 4 PS3/Vita games a month is a bad thing.

2. The PS3 games have been completely useless to me for a long time now. Also they have already gone through a lot of them, and it's not like developers will keep putting out PS3 games, certainly not anything of value.

I don’t think there’s any guarantee that the PS4 offerings will be better. No where in the announcement does it say “we’re doing this to give you even better PS4 games.”

They could just pocket the savings. Only time will tell.

#9462 dfo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

The implication of not including PS3/Vita is that the PS4 games will be better, since their whole budget will focus on the PS4 offerings.  

That'd be nice, but Sony's press release doesn't say there will be changes to offset the perceived lost value to PS+ subscribers.  Like you, I haven't had my PS3 connected for over a year and don't have a Vita so it's not a real loss.  But I'm not assuming that the PS4 offerings will suddenly and consistently be better (maybe that first month though to dull some of the complaints).

#9463 charlamagne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

charlamagne

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

Pipe dream. Like I said, a couple years ago they raised the price for a year of Plus by $10 and added no value. There’s no reason to think that the quality of the PS4 games offered will be any better than they have been since the PS4 came out. This is a bad move for the consumer.

No reason to think releases will get better? Have you seen the last few months? 

It's probably not a coincidence that they made this announcement right after announcing Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank as PS Plus titles. 

#9464 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

It's probably not a coincidence that they made this announcement right after announcing Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank as PS Plus title

kinda, but that's your opinion... i think that getting digital only games is a way better deal. why would i want disc games when I already get them super cheap, actually have them, and they get devalued when they hit plus

#9465 RiPPn  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

It's probably not a coincidence that they made this announcement right after announcing Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank as PS Plus titles. 

So the quality has increased the last few months without taking anything away.. essentially nullifying your point.  And those saying they won't miss it because they didn't hook up their PS3 or didn't own a Vita.. almost monthly 2 of those games were cross buy giving you essentially 4 PS4 games.. those will be gone next year with no compensation.. just gone.  Now one thing to speculate is that the PS5 is going to launch shortly after so it could turn back to 4 games a month.. just have to wait and see.  Good thing about giving a years notice, you don't have to reup until you see what they are planning.

kinda, but that's your opinion... i think that getting digital only games is a way better deal. why would i want disc games when I already get them super cheap, actually have them, and they get devalued when they hit plus

Could not agree with you more.. I never understood the appeal of getting physical games.. by the time they hit the service they have been in the bargain bin or in a PSN sale for cheap.  Give me fresh downloadables any day over stale retail games.

#9466 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Still waiting on the Vita version of Mighty No.9... Any day now...

#9467 CrepeNuts  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Still waiting on the Vita version of Mighty No.9... Any day now...

Hahaha man. Vita AND 3DS!

#9468 elessar123  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Could not agree with you more.. I never understood the appeal of getting physical games.. by the time they hit the service they have been in the bargain bin or in a PSN sale for cheap.  Give me fresh downloadables any day over stale retail games.

Because the consumer protection isn't there yet. Of course I'd love to have everything digital instead, but when there's no refunds, Amazon/Sony/Nintendo can ban your from access from your library, I won't put my eggs in that basket.

Even now, the majority of any of the digital rights protection we have is because of the EU. Steam refunds only happened cause of a lawsuit in the EU.

There's also no resell / first sales protection for digital.

When those things all get resolved, I will gladly switch to digital.

#9469 sp0rklez  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

I've been saying for awhile that Bloodborne looks really cool but I'm not very good at those types of games. This will definitely be the right price to make me want to try it though. I've actually never played Ratchet and Clank either, so this should be a great month for me. 

#9470 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

I have Titanfall 2 and still play it from time to time. My question is, for $9.99 is it worth it for just the add-ons alone?

#9471 RiPPn  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Because the consumer protection isn't there yet. Of course I'd love to have everything digital instead, but when there's no refunds, Amazon/Sony/Nintendo can ban your from access from your library, I won't put my eggs in that basket.

Even now, the majority of any of the digital rights protection we have is because of the EU. Steam refunds only happened cause of a lawsuit in the EU.

There's also no resell / first sales protection for digital.

When those things all get resolved, I will gladly switch to digital.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.. I meant giving physical games on the PS+ or GWG service, not physical media itself..  I am 100% down with physical media..  simply for GameFly and if I do buy it I can resell it down the road.  I have found myself doing that more than ever this gen.. buying physical.. then rebuying in a PSN sale and selling the physical copy for more than the price I just got it on sale for.  Anyway, hope that clears it up.

#9472 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3845 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:04 PM

I think all this gloom and doom for PS Plus is a little premature since we're 12 months away, but it's also highly unlikely Sony is going to simply take those things away without some sort of replacement.  It likely won't be what most are thinking or even wanting, but they still have to compete with an ever more competitive Microsoft and now Nintendo, so they can't be completely blind.  Sony seems to be giving away a lot of in-game freebies for free to play games lately, so maybe they're going to double down on some of that kind of stuff.

#9473 charlamagne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

charlamagne

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

And those saying they won't miss it because they didn't hook up their PS3 or didn't own a Vita.. almost monthly 2 of those games were cross buy giving you essentially 4 PS4 games.. those will be gone next year with no compensation.. just gone.  Now one thing to speculate is that the PS5 is going to launch shortly after so it could turn back to 4 games a month.. just have to wait and see.  

They didn't say it would be 2 PS4 games. I would take 2 good and 2 crappy PS4 games over the throwaway PS3 titles we've been getting for PS3 for years. But I agree with your point about PS5 and hope it's related to that. 

Also I have a hard time agreeing that the "value" has decreased, if all we are losing are throwaway (IMO) PS3 titles. I judge value by the quality of the game. No amount of [insert any PS3 PS Plus title for the last 2+ years here] is equal in value to one Bloodborne. 

#9474 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

I think all this gloom and doom for PS Plus is a little premature since we're 12 months away, but it's also highly unlikely Sony is going to simply take those things away without some sort of replacement.  It likely won't be what most are thinking or even wanting, but they still have to compete with an ever more competitive Microsoft and now Nintendo, so they can't be completely blind.  Sony seems to be giving away a lot of in-game freebies for free to play games lately, so maybe they're going to double down on some of that kind of stuff.

Nintendo competitive? Definitely, the Switch has shocked me with how well it has done so far. 

Microsoft competitive? Ehhhh. 

#9475 CrepeNuts  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

They didn't say it would be 2 PS4 games. I would take 2 good and 2 crappy PS4 games over the throwaway PS3 titles we've been getting for PS3 for years. But I agree with your point about PS5 and hope it's related to that.

Uhhhhh......

https://twitter.com/...2088825856?s=21

They definitely did.

#9476 RiPPn  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

The Polygon tweet says they confirmed with Sony that it will only be 2 PS4 games starting next February. 

#9477 charlamagne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

charlamagne

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

The Polygon tweet says they confirmed with Sony that it will only be 2 PS4 games starting next February. 

Alright but still, one Bloodborne is worth more than an infinite amount of the types of PS3 PS Plus titles we've been getting for years now. 

#9478 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10953 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Nintendo competitive? Definitely, the Switch has shocked me with how well it has done so far.

Microsoft competitive? Ehhhh.

I don’t know whether it’s translating into sales but MS most definitely has been stepping up its game as far as customer service. I mean BC is one thing but adding free 4K enhancements to those games as well? I played the original Forza Horizon yesterday and it was stunning how it looked due to that effort. They’re also putting all new first party games in GamePass and a lot of other pro-consumer changes.

I own both systems and Sony kills with exclusives but MS with their new management has been really pro-gamer with what they’ve been doing.

#9479 RiPPn  

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

Alright but still, one Bloodborne is worth more than an infinite amount of the types of PS3 PS Plus titles we've been getting for years now. 

Bloodborne was $7.99 in a recent PSN sale..

#9480 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

I don’t know whether it’s translating into sales but MS most definitely has been stepping up its game as far as customer service. I mean BC is one thing but adding free 4K enhancements too? Putting new first party games in GamePass and a lot of other pro-consumer changes.

I own both systems and Sony kills with exclusives but MS with their new management has been really pro-gamer with what they’ve been doing.

I 100% agree with you, M$ has been much friendlier to the customer but the empirical evidence I see....tons of Xbox systems sitting in stores and PS4 and Switch always being low stocked or no stocked is not good. Every time a game goes on sale the Xbox versions stay in stock hours or days longer as well. The entire reason I got a Xbox One in the first place was to take advantage of that.