* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#10171 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2309 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

I bought the physical copy of Heavy Rain/Beyond from Amazon UK without any issue.

Why won't that game drop below $20-25. I've been wanting to import it.

#10172 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

Ha, I don't know. Heavy Rain is one of my all-time fav's, so the $40+ wasn't a big deal for me. Had to own a physical copy.

#10173 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

So is The Stick of Truth gonna let me down since I’ve been loving FbW as much as I have been? I keep thinking I’m near the end of the game and it keeps pumping out awesomeness...

Got my 15 last night. I had 2 bucks in my wallet still so I snagged RE:Origins bundle. Been probably a decade since I’ve played 0

#10174 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

The cheapest I've seen it is 34.99 and I've been checking up on it constantly for like 2 years :/

#10175 Inceptional  

Inceptional

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

Grabbed Nier and Darksiders with my $15 credit for a total of $19. So happy that my Nier save carried over to digital, I really didn't want to start all the way from the beginning again. Also, Darksiders Remastered looks and plays damn good.

#10176 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Thanks. I already have a 32GB card so no problem.

Thanks. Im still in doubt which game I should play 1st as I never ever played any and I really dont know what to expect.
Will try to read more.

Thanks both

people typically say ayesha to play first since it is easier for people new to the series.  imo its alright but has a really weak cast.  And the airheaded ditz ayesha isn't what one looks for in a protagonist.  Regina would have made a better lead.  She is far more likable and besides the owner she is one of the few characters to even get a backstory.

Pana needs a spinoff dammit.

Oh and rorona plus hwas a physical ps3 version so I highly rec going that route for it assuming you pick up the arland trilogy.  Generally rorona is the least recd title of both its trilogy and the series.  I have only played ayesha so I cant comment to the quality of arland.

If you are interested in sacrificing the plus content you could pick up all the ps3 versions of the series far cheaper than the plus versions and they all run better.

#10177 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4575 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:06 PM

Anyone see any hidden gems in this sale?

My recomendation is The Castle Game if you like tower defense or castle building. Watch some vids, if it looks like youll like it you will.

Also siralim if you dont need a game to look fancy. Colllect monsters and take them to battle while you build your base.

And of course crimsonland if you like dual stick shooters.

Any others?

#10178 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3496 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

So is The Stick of Truth gonna let me down since I’ve been loving FbW as much as I have been? I keep thinking I’m near the end of the game and it keeps pumping out awesomeness...

Got my 15 last night. I had 2 bucks in my wallet still so I snagged RE:Origins bundle. Been probably a decade since I’ve played 0

I think I actually liked Stick of Truth more than The Fractured But Whole. They're both solid, enjoyable games but SoT definitely was the funnier of the two in my opinion.

#10179 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67643 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

#10180 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:45 AM

any thoughts on Ghost Recon Wildlands?

#10181 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:46 AM

Any impressions of verdun? I’ve listened to Dan carlins WW 1 podcast series 3-4 times and WW1 is so interesting that I’m drawn to the game but man does it look second rate...

#10182 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6576 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:51 AM

any thoughts on Ghost Recon Wildlands?

It’s fun if you like that kind of game

#10183 frankmackeyspam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

frankmackeyspam

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:02 AM

https://twitter.com/...180329378959360

Cool. Yakuza 2 is still my favorite in the series. Hope they price it at $30 like the first one.

#10184 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3972 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:07 AM

Excited for Kiwami 2, but I feel like if you played yakuza 0 you’ve already played the best game in the series.

#10185 Cheapskate McGee   Meme Man CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Cheapskate McGee

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:13 AM

Cool. Yakuza 2 is still my favorite in the series. Hope they price it at $30 like the first one.

It's apparently gonna be $49.99.

#10186 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67643 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:26 AM

#10187 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

Any thoughts on Valley and This War of Mine: The Little Ones for PS4? I would like to hear from those who have played them before making a decision.

#10188 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2088 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:57 AM

My recomendation is The Castle Game if you like tower defense or castle building. Watch some vids, if it looks like youll like it you will.

Also siralim if you dont need a game to look fancy. Colllect monsters and take them to battle while you build your base.

And of course crimsonland if you like dual stick shooters.

Any others?

I would love to hear from other CAGs about what PS4-exclusives that are on sale that I should be looking at.

Even with all these titles, I'm still not sure what to buy with my $15 - seeing how I already bought Nier and Nioh two weeks ago just to get to the $100 threshold anyway.

#10189 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

Actually eyed the MMPR beat em up myself, although I'm not sure how good it is. I've looked at some reviews, but anyone hrre who has this can share their thoughts?

#10190 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:00 AM

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is infuriating, especially for someone with no natural sense of direction like me.

(RANT ahead)

Spoiler

#10191 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

Any thoughts on Valley and This War of Mine: The Little Ones for PS4? I would like to hear from those who have played them before making a decision.

I really liked This War of Mine myself. It's a survival game but unlike most of the genre it's wrapped inside something more akin to say The Sims. You are managing hunger, sleep, and all that but the actual gameplay is micro-managing a handful of characters (usually 3-4) and having them do things around your house to keep themselves alive and healthy. This includes a mental state as well so you actually have to find ways to keep them entertained on top of the usual survival tropes.

Then at night you can send someone out to explore a location from a world map. The locations you can go range from abandoned houses, NPC camps where you can barter, or places labelled as danger zones with hostile NPCs (but of course these places usually have tons of supplies.) The game has combat but it's not really a focus, actually every single time I encountered an enemy if I did not escape I was flat out murdered. It also tries to have some morality themes so you can steal supplies from innocent NPCs but I found it a hassle in practice because it typically effects your character's mental status in a negative way. Granted the characters are not randomly generated, it grabs from a pre-determined pool and they all have their own traits so maybe I always got characters who felt real bad about stealing, I dunno.

That's basically it honestly, if it sounds fun to you it probably will be. It's a pretty well balanced game actually, usually survival stuff can be pretty harsh and while I wouldn't call This War of Mine easy it's not super hard either. I "won" (by surviving until there is a peace treaty) on my second attempt. I will say if you aren't someone who likes doing multiple runs it's probably not a game for you, it typically only takes a few hours to win or for the whole thing to crash and burn and a lot of the fun comes from starting a new game and seeing what characters you have and the state of the world map each time (because while the levels aren't randomized what occupies the level changes each time.)

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is infuriating, especially for someone with no natural sense of direction like me.

(RANT ahead)

Yeah I have super mixed feelings about the game myself, some tiny bits of interesting character drama in there but without a guide you absolutely miss the vast majority of it. The thing I did not actually realize until I went back with a guide is that each section of the map is actually devoted to one character and their last few days before crap went bad, it's actually cohesive when you follow it from start to end but that is basically impossible to do on your own - especially because each event you stumble across actually has a chronological order you are meant to find them in. 

And yes the run speed is the worst part of the game, it's not random though, just has an insane wind up before you hit top speed (something absurd like 6 or 7 second each time.) I liked the game more when I went back with a guide but even then I'd say I only really liked maybe 1 of the characters. The actual main narrative itself I found fairly interesting but the game is like 10% that 90% character development so that's not great when your characters are not interesting or worse completely insufferable. 

#10192 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Yeah I have super mixed feelings about the game myself, some tiny bits of interesting character drama in there but without a guide you absolutely miss the vast majority of it. The thing I did not actually realize until I went back with a guide is that each section of the map is actually devoted to one character and their last few days before crap went bad, it's actually cohesive when you follow it from start to end but that is basically impossible to do on your own - especially because each event you stumble across actually has a chronological order you are meant to find them in. 

And yes the run speed is the worst part of the game, it's not random though, just has an insane wind up before you hit top speed (something absurd like 6 or 7 second each time.) I liked the game more when I went back with a guide but even then I'd say I only really liked maybe 1 of the characters. The actual main narrative itself I found fairly interesting but the game is like 10% that 90% character development so that's not great when your characters are not interesting or worse completely insufferable. 

I couldn't sleep, so I ended up playing through it again using a walkthrough, which is the most boring way to play a game. But you're absolutely right; once you hit all the story points (and actually know which direction you're headed), it's a lot more intelligible. It took me approximately 5 hours using the completionist guide and I wound up getting all trophies but three. Since I'm one platinum away from a $10 credit on Sony Rewards, I'll probably gather it tomorrow after I've slept off this video game hangover.

Anyway, for $3.99, it's not a bad game.

#10193 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Reading all of you talk about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, I'm glad I gave up.  I got that feeling that I'm missing parts of the story and I hate missing parts when the whole point of the game is to figure out the story.  Following a walkthrough takes all the fun out of the game.  I'd rather just read a transcript of the story than go step by step pc to PS4 looking for the parts.

Maybe I'll start again someday when I have nothing else to play.

#10194 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   621 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

I would love to hear from other CAGs about what PS4-exclusives that are on sale that I should be looking at.

Even with all these titles, I'm still not sure what to buy with my $15 - seeing how I already bought Nier and Nioh two weeks ago just to get to the $100 threshold anyway.

I used my $15 to pre-order Dragon’s Crown Pro. With the current ps+ discount it brings it down to $29.99. Which is cheaper than buying it at Best Buy with GCU. Sure, I don’t get a fancy steel book but I already have physical copies of the ps3 and vita versions on my shelf.

#10195 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:03 PM

I really liked This War of Mine myself. It's a survival game but unlike most of the genre it's wrapped inside something more akin to say The Sims. You are managing hunger, sleep, and all that but the actual gameplay is micro-managing a handful of characters (usually 3-4) and having them do things around your house to keep themselves alive and healthy. This includes a mental state as well so you actually have to find ways to keep them entertained on top of the usual survival tropes.

Then at night you can send someone out to explore a location from a world map. The locations you can go range from abandoned houses, NPC camps where you can barter, or places labelled as danger zones with hostile NPCs (but of course these places usually have tons of supplies.) The game has combat but it's not really a focus, actually every single time I encountered an enemy if I did not escape I was flat out murdered. It also tries to have some morality themes so you can steal supplies from innocent NPCs but I found it a hassle in practice because it typically effects your character's mental status in a negative way. Granted the characters are not randomly generated, it grabs from a pre-determined pool and they all have their own traits so maybe I always got characters who felt real bad about stealing, I dunno.

That's basically it honestly, if it sounds fun to you it probably will be. It's a pretty well balanced game actually, usually survival stuff can be pretty harsh and while I wouldn't call This War of Mine easy it's not super hard either. I "won" (by surviving until there is a peace treaty) on my second attempt. I will say if you aren't someone who likes doing multiple runs it's probably not a game for you, it typically only takes a few hours to win or for the whole thing to crash and burn and a lot of the fun comes from starting a new game and seeing what characters you have and the state of the world map each time (because while the levels aren't randomized what occupies the level changes each time.)

Thanks for the breakdown on This War of Mine, been looking to try different types of games. Sounds like something I will enjoy playing indeed, gonna buy it. Now just have to find out if Valley is worth buying from someone who has played it.

#10196 RiPPn  

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Excited for Kiwami 2, but I feel like if you played yakuza 0 you’ve already played the best game in the series.

They are toying with the idea of a Yakuza 0-2..  but I don't think you can discredit the whole series because of 1 entry especially when 6 is coming out in a few weeks..

#10197 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:48 AM

20180318_214450.jpg
This is new?

#10198 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

attachicon.gif20180318_214450.jpg
This is new?

The fine print indicates it's from last year.

#10199 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:57 AM

The fine print indicates it's from last year.

ok

#10200 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   776 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

Reading all of you talk about Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, I'm glad I gave up.  I got that feeling that I'm missing parts of the story and I hate missing parts when the whole point of the game is to figure out the story.  Following a walkthrough takes all the fun out of the game.  I'd rather just read a transcript of the story than go step by step pc to PS4 looking for the parts.

Maybe I'll start again someday when I have nothing else to play.

I played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter today (currently on sale for $5.99) and it seemed heavily inspired by Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (along with Murdered: Soul Suspect), except you have the ability to zip around the map a lot quicker. It's funny, as soon as it starts out it tells you "this game doesn't hold your hand." And indeed, you're deposited in the middle of this world without an introduction or any inclination of what to do but "explore." If I hadn't just been through this shit with Rapture, it would have driven me nuts, but this time I was much better equipped to figure it out on my own. Problem is, it's a minimal game trapped inside a huge environment which makes it feel longer than it has to be because you're mostly wandering around aimlessly hoping to stumble into something.

I can really only recommend it to fans of walking simulators or people with lots of patience (perhaps, both).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP