* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#10321 kanekiken  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:58 AM

I believe the 20% off codes have a time limit between uses. Could be wrong about these though. But if you could somehow get everything into one sale, I'd do that.

Time limit? Pretty sure it's just the limit per promotion but these promotions are separate since the codes come from different places.

#10322 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2686 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

After years of not getting emails earlier this year I unsubscribed left the site, went back and resubscribed and have gotten all the emails since. Just some advice for people who want coupons.

Do you remember what website / where you signed up for the emails? I must be using the wrong PlayStation mailing list.

#10323 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7550 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:18 AM

Do you remember what website / where you signed up for the emails? I must be using the wrong PlayStation mailing list.

I'm wondering this as well. I didn't get the 20% email, but I get emails from Playstation often.

I did just notice I had an email about the Other OS ps3 class action lawsuit. I guess I'm entitled to $65 bucks. I bought the stupid fat PS3 for $499.99. The bluray drive died before I even had the chance to use it very much at all. If I get $65 bucks that makes up for it a little. I actually would have used that Other OS feature to sort of have a computer in my bedroom back then if they didn't nuke it.  

#10324 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:28 AM

you can't use any type of 20% code too soon after you used any 20% code. tried with different types of 20% codes before and someone else tried near the end of last year. you can use a 10, 15% and a 20% consecutively though. the time before using another 20 is like 4 weeks up to 2 months

#10325 Miker525  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:37 AM

Is this the cheapest Bloodborne DLC has been? I'm tempted to pick it up, but I still haven't even played Bloodborne yet so I'm not sure I'm even gonna like the game. Definitely picking up Firewatch but I'm torn on this expansion pack

#10326 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1740 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:41 AM

is there a solution to the "you are not eligible to download or purchase this content" message when trying to add a game to my cart?

#10327 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:50 AM

I think I accidentally hit the “unsubscribe” hyperlink in my psn emails. I used to get the weekly emails and codes but haven’t in a few months now. Anyone know how to undo that little mistake?

#10328 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   791 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:00 AM

Jeez, it's always either not enough 20% codes or too many 20% codes. Last month I couldn't find a 20% code to save my life and ended up spending over $150 on the PSVR sale, now I'm struggling to find something worthwhile to use mine on. I could have easily used it during last week of the "great indoors" sale, but I guess that's what I get for being impatient. [-(

[REDACTED]

#10329 Ltrain8765   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Ltrain8765

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

Jeez, it's always either not enough 20% codes or too many 20% codes. Last month I couldn't find a 20% code to save my life and ended up spending over $150 on the PSVR sale, now I'm struggling to find something worthwhile to use mine on. I could have easily used it during last week of the "great indoors" sale, but I guess that's what I get for being impatient. [-(

Anyway, if anyone needs a code, let me know. I doubt I'll find a use for both of them in 9 days.

just a heads up--  there is a rumor of a huge Easter sale starting soon  It was mentioned in the 20 % off code thread. 

who knows--

#10330 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   791 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:34 AM

just a heads up--  there is a rumor of a huge Easter sale starting soon  It was mentioned in the 20 % off code thread. 

who knows--

https://slickdeals.n...na-not-live-yet

Looks like the Easter sale will be quite the treat, with 800+ games discounted - all live territories have 800+ deals.

With the recent 20% off discount codes here and if you've also received one in your weekly email, you'll be able to load up your cart with 10 items (max you can have) and checkout twice, once with each code. If you don't receive weekly emails from Sony, check the information here.

This is by far the largest sale I can recall.

Oh Jesus, I'm scared...

Spoiler

#10331 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6579 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:38 AM

The one thing I do want right now (persona 5) isn’t listed, lol. Oh well.

#10332 LondonGaijin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

LondonGaijin

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

Thats quite a collection.

#10333 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3138 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

Is the source of that list confirmed somehow? Seems to be just a massive compilation of all the usual suspects.

#10334 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:05 AM

I'd assume that list (at least in part) came from the European psn easter sale that started today. https://blog.eu.play...begins-today-2/

#10335 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:10 AM

Also a quick heads up. Usually the 20% off coupon gave me issues buying vita games on the web store, but the one from MLB 18 works just fine. So a nice discount on P4G to convert to digital :)

#10336 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:30 AM

One hell of a list. Didn't see a single game that I would buy. Says a lot about how much I've already bought and played this generation.

#10337 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

Nier Automata and Watch Dogs 2 are on my list, assuming that it'll be on sale. 

#10338 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3138 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 22 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Well despite my constant bitching of how Sony handles data management, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that you can copy all current data on the internal drive of one PS4 to another via ethernet cable. I made sure the games me and my son would be playing most upstairs were on the internal of my Pro downstairs and did the transfer overnight. Why they allow this yet can't add a copy option between system and external drive is still mind boggling, but whatever.

It will suck for sure moving forward, but I wasn't expecting anything at this point so I'll take what I can get.

#10339 BeaGolden   Cag in Training CAG in Training   39 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

BeaGolden

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Finally see Robinson on the list. Hope its true!

#10340 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36690 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Is this the cheapest Bloodborne DLC has been? I'm tempted to pick it up, but I still haven't even played Bloodborne yet so I'm not sure I'm even gonna like the game. Definitely picking up Firewatch but I'm torn on this expansion pack

Yes.

As for the Easter sale, I wouldn't be at all surprised if The Great Indoors sale is our Easter sale based on the 504 items on sale.

#10341 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13550 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

I tried making it through Bloodborne despite having completed all 4 souls games and their DLC, but just couldn't. I hated the fact that dodging felt stiffer and almost no option for a shield left me too vulnerable to the poor level design that is very narrow a lot of the time and hulking monsters could just pin you against a wall until you die. I came back to it three different times and each time just remembered why it didn't click. For you it could be completely different, but I wasn't a fan of the combat.

#10342 Matt2005USAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Matt2005USAF

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

I tried making it through Bloodborne despite having completed all 4 souls games and their DLC, but just couldn't. I hated the fact that dodging felt stiffer and almost no option for a shield left me too vulnerable to the poor level design that is very narrow a lot of the time and hulking monsters could just pin you against a wall until you die. I came back to it three different times and each time just remembered why it didn't click. For you it could be completely different, but I wasn't a fan of the combat.

I hear a lot of people that have had similar complaints.  You honestly need to go into Bloodborne with a completely different mindset.  The game is built to be aggressive.  If you get damaged you get more health back the faster you attack back.  I played Bloodborne before Dark Souls clicked for me.  Dark Souls didn't click until after I completed Bloodborne and got the Platinum trophy.  You really just need to set aside all your DS experience and go in thinking it's a completely different game, because it really is.  All that said, I'm sure this game isn't for everyone and it may never click with you.  Opinions and all that...

#10343 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

Bloodborne is so much easier than the other souls games if you can get past the sword/board mentality that you developed. Rally mechanic makes it almost unfair. 

#10344 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:49 PM

Ohhh all those VR games bayybeeee yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh. Hopefully it's true. Especially exciting as my friend and I just started game sharing, or whatever it's called on PlayStation.

#10345 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Rally is your friend. You don't defend but regaining health after getting hit is very useful for offensive based tactics. Also be sure to use gun to stun and go in for to hit for crits

#10346 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

Rally is your friend. You don't defend but regaining health after getting hit is very useful for offensive based tactics. Also be sure to use gun to stun and go in for to hit for crits

Yup, evasion is your only shield. Loved bloodborne and will probably go back to it again some day.

I didn’t even mind the chalice dungeons. Not saying I spent a lot of time going through random dungeons but I didn’t mind going through what I needed to in order for the plat.

#10347 elessar123  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

Why they allow this yet can't add a copy option between system and external drive is still mind boggling, but whatever.

They encrypt it so it's harder to pirate / cheat on trophies. Otherwise, what stops you from cloning 100 times and just leave 100 PS4s offline with access to all the games?

Bloodborne is so much easier than the other souls games if you can get past the sword/board mentality that you developed. Rally mechanic makes it almost unfair. 

Bloodborne is easier if you usually play aggressively. I don't know if I'll ever have the mindset to play only defensively, or stealthily.

In general, I prioritize parry > dodge > attack > block, so Bloodborne was extremely natural for me. Worked out for Infinite Climax mode in Bayonetta too.

#10348 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

If the Easter sale comes to the NA store I wouldn't expect it to start until tomorrow.  Major PSN Store sales in NA seem to usually start on Tuesdays or Fridays...

#10349 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6646 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Is the 20% off code from the email generic? I saw mention it's the same as on the site. What site? PS Store? If so I don't see one there. Sorry for the stupid questions.

#10350 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1902 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Is the 20% off code from the email generic? I saw mention it's the same as on the site. What site? PS Store? If so I don't see one there. Sorry for the stupid questions.

"(Gamertag), here's your PlayStation weekly update"

I have now received TWO 20% codes from Sony in a year! (last one i didn't even use lol)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP