* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

PSN PS4 Vita PS3 PlayStation Plus PSVR Pre-orders Games PSP

#1651 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Sony truly kills it on the exclusive front.  While we can debate which one you or I love, it's just an amazing breadth of fantastic games.   I plat'd everything from Bloodborne through TLOU [twice!] through all the Uncharteds and Infamous's, and I honestly couldn't tell you my favorite.   Maybe Bloodborne [well, Demon's]?  TLOU because I still play MP every night?  Uncharted 1 for fun factor?  Uncharted Lost Legacy because it's currently blowing my mind?

I don't know.   Anyway, point is, my vote goes to Tokyo Jungle.

Was actually just coming to type something similar lol. I didn't buy my PS4 for any one exclusive it was more just the wide variety of exclusives. Granted I bought my PS4 last year at black friday so it's a very different situation for me compared to someone that bought it before the library really developed. But my main point is there are so many awesome exclusives I finally felt like I had to get one.

#1652 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Also PS4 gets the Japanese games...really that is why I wanted one. I still remember having an N64 and getting no RPGs and playing a bunch of platformers cause that's all I had. I eventually did get a PSX but it was near when FF8 released, so I had a late coming. For the record i did enjoy Banjo Kazooie and also DK64....got a lot of flak and was a free expansion pack. Made Rogue Squadron amazing, but that's something else.

#1653 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

Also PS4 gets the Japanese games...really that is why I wanted one. I still remember having an N64 and getting no RPGs and playing a bunch of platformers cause that's all I had. I eventually did get a PSX but it was near when FF8 released, so I had a late coming. For the record i did enjoy Banjo Kazooie and also DK64....got a lot of flak and was a free expansion pack. Made Rogue Squadron amazing, but that's something else.

Yeah if I had to pick one thing that pushed me over the edge on PS4 it would be the Japanese games. Especially because it seems like more and more games that in the past would be vita exclusive are getting PS4 ports as well. I have no problem playing games on my vita if I have to but I prefer the PS4 controller as I find the vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold.

#1654 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Ah the PS4 controller is easily one of the most comfortable controllers I've held in a while. My limit to playing on the Vita is about an hour cause it's not super comfortable...same with the New 3DS XL. PS4 is getting the Vita love for sure with many Vita ports being passed on and the PS4 versions being better versions or expanded versions. I don't do a lot of portable gaming though. If I needed portable more often i'd prefer the Vita/3DS. I still prefer Vita for VNs though.

#1655 EasyEducator   The Easy Educator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

EasyEducator

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

My limit to playing on the Vita is about an hour cause it's not super comfortable...s

I find the vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold.

Sorry that this is a little off PSN deals topic, but if you find the Vita uncomfortable to hold, try investing in one of these.  I got one years ago when I was having problems playing Uncharted: GA for more than 30 mins and it completely changed how and for how long I can use my Vita. 

#1656 tukai   CAGiversary! Validating   1208 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Sorry that this is a little off PSN deals topic, but if you find the Vita uncomfortable to hold, try investing in one of these.  I got one years ago when I was having problems playing Uncharted: GA for more than 30 mins and it completely changed how and for how long I can use my Vita. 

I use that and agree 100%. combine that with the thumbsticks 

#1657 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71184 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:23 AM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Grand Theft Auto V - Online Megalodon Shark Cash Card - $84.99 - 15% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: Grand Theft Auto V - Online Whale Shark Cash Card - $44.99 - 10% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 500 G - $3.74 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 1000 G - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 2100 G - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 5500 G - $37.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - 11500 G - $74.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Complete Edition - $54.99 - 45% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Gold Edition - $43.99 - 45% Off - Ends 9/5

:ps4: UFC 2 - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28

:ps4: UFC 2 Deluxe Edition - $12.49 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28

Freebies:

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega - Defenders Event Participation Ticket - Free

:ps4: Van Helsing II - Pigasus - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Battlefield 1 Revolution - $59.99

:ps4: Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 Ultimate Bundle - $79.99

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - Season 2 Spotlight Pass - $13.49

:ps4: Spartan - $15.99

Reminder that Rainbow Six Siege has a Free Weekend going on until 8/28. Also a reminder that you can get VIP status in Marvel Heroes Omega with the $3.74 purchase of G points, which includes Nightcrawler unlock, daily drops of eternity splinters, 10 extra storage spots, and some other stuff.

#1658 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40129 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

Your all wrong, the best PS exclusive hands down is Last of Us end of discussion no more talk is needed, can move the thread along now.

I wasn't really impressed with that movie. The ladders were my favorite characters though.

#1659 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

I really wish there was a way to prove this because I completely agree. While some will say the Uncharteds or Bloodbornes of the world are better games and appeal to more people, I don't necessarily think people buy a PS4 JUST for one of those games or series. I would bet any amount of money that MLB The Show is the singular series most responsible for people buying a PS4 over an XB1. Why they've never made a bundle is beyond me.

Collectively the exclusives are beyond impressive and I'm sure people look at that overall when going with a PS4, but I'm strictly talking about instances where one game was the reason and I guarantee The Show probably outnumbers the next closest game at least 2 to 1.

My own personal anecdote is Street Fighter V. There's a lot of people that had to move to PlayStation from Microsoft out of sheer necessity because of that game.

#1660 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:46 AM

All the Jak and Daxter games are suppose to come out on ps4 right? I don't see anything about a release date for the other ones.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Grand Theft Auto V - Online Megalodon Shark Cash Card - $84.99 - 15% Off - Ends 8/28

I'll take 20.

#1661 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

How is UFC 2?  

#1662 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:52 AM

The PSN wallet size has been increased quietly, it was $150 a month or two ago still when I tried to add a $50 card.  Today I added one while checking old codes to make sure they are still good and it went through just fine, bumping my wallet to $175.  

No idea what the new max is anymore.

#1663 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

Sony' exclusives are better because of the variety of games you can play and they seem willing to invest in riskier ideas, whereas most of Microsoft's exclusives stick to certain genres and themes and don't take as many risks.

#1664 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71184 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

All the Jak and Daxter games are suppose to come out on ps4 right? I don't see anything about a release date for the other ones.

Just the first game for the time being.

#1665 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11125 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:28 AM

Just the first game for the time being.

That’s the only one out now but three others are confirmed to be coming. Just no dates yet.

https://www.playstat...and-daxter-ps4/

All have also been re-rated so I doubt it will be too long.

#1666 Ibacai  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

I really wish there was a way to prove this because I completely agree. While some will say the Uncharteds or Bloodbornes of the world are better games and appeal to more people, I don't necessarily think people buy a PS4 JUST for one of those games or series. I would bet any amount of money that MLB The Show is the singular series most responsible for people buying a PS4 over an XB1. Why they've never made a bundle is beyond me.

Collectively the exclusives are beyond impressive and I'm sure people look at that overall when going with a PS4, but I'm strictly talking about instances where one game was the reason and I guarantee The Show probably outnumbers the next closest game at least 2 to 1.

I would wager against that. I would say Uncharted 4 has probably pushed more console sales than The Show. I'd love to see actual sales data for the games. I do love me some late night Show though.

#1667 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:36 AM

yakuza 2 remaster has been spotted on the asian PSN servers, with a dec 7th release date.  Great news for Yakuza fans, hope they remaster all of em before Yakuza 6 launches.

#1668 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2488 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:01 AM

You can play the CoD beta now.

#1669 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

Anyone have the Playstation credit card? Is it worth it for the bonus points if you pay it off right away?

#1670 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   793 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

Anyone have the Playstation credit card? Is it worth it for the bonus points if you pay it off right away?

Definitely - 10% back in points adds up quickly.

#1671 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

Yeah if I had to pick one thing that pushed me over the edge on PS4 it would be the Japanese games. Especially because it seems like more and more games that in the past would be vita exclusive are getting PS4 ports as well. I have no problem playing games on my vita if I have to but I prefer the PS4 controller as I find the vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold.

I get the best of both worlds by having the ps4 controller on a vita tv  :D/ but I have all 3 systems thanks to sales via this site so thank you cag community for enabling me.

#1672 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

The PSN wallet size has been increased quietly, it was $150 a month or two ago still when I tried to add a $50 card.  Today I added one while checking old codes to make sure they are still good and it went through just fine, bumping my wallet to $175.  

This is great news and should be big news to all CAGs who keep an eye out for and purchase PSN credit at whatever small discount we can find it for!  I know I've personally hit the max $150 wallet amount in the past and had to leave a couple PSN cards laying around because I couldn't add them to my account.  Hopefully the new max is well over that!

#1673 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2143 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

There are way better rewards cards that could equate to cash back for you that could then be used on psn or other places.

#1674 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71184 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

https://blog.us.play...on-ps4-ps-vita/

Secret of Mana 3D remake is coming to PS4/Vita on 2/15/18.

#1675 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

I've used a sort of roundabout way to do this for a while now. I would redeem gift card codes through the wallet on the Sony entertainment network site under payment methods. It says something like add payment method and there should be a box that says redeem code. If I was already at $150 it wouldn't work but, for example, if my wallet had $120 and I added a $50 code it would allow me to have a balance of $170. It never seemed to let me go to $200 though. I'm not sure if this is how you did it or if it's working now through the regular "redeem code" section on the PlayStation store but just thought I'd share my experience.

#1676 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71184 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

https://www.cheapass...1-am-et8-am-pt/

Thread is live.

#1677 Althax   Longtime nobody CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

https://blog.us.play...on-ps4-ps-vita/

Secret of Mana 3D remake is coming to PS4/Vita on 2/15/18.

https://www.youtube....h?v=kKHjcnOGPhs

Seems like theres a lot of remakes/remasters this year. Or is it fairly typical and they just happened to announce several that I am interested in this year?

#1678 RiPPn  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

That’s the only one out now but three others are confirmed to be coming. Just no dates yet.

https://www.playstat...and-daxter-ps4/

All have also been re-rated so I doubt it will be too long.

3 others?  Does that mean we are going to get a Daxter remaster, or is the 4th going to be the racing game..?  Really would love it to be Daxter but probably Jak X: Combat Racing.

#1679 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4715 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

This is great news and should be big news to all CAGs who keep an eye out for and purchase PSN credit at whatever small discount we can find it for!  I know I've personally hit the max $150 wallet amount in the past and had to leave a couple PSN cards laying around because I couldn't add them to my account.  Hopefully the new max is well over that!

I very much enjoy my stack of cards.  I love having them there.... I don't like having them on my account because then I might spend them to easy.   My wife laughs at me because I actually prefer space bucks over cash.   [there's a reason, though... cash ends up getting spent on life... I know my space bux are earmarked for a good flash sale so I can get some game I really want].

#1680 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

I very much enjoy my stack of cards. I love having them there.... I don't like having them on my account because then I might spend them to easy. My wife laughs at me because I actually prefer space bucks over cash. [there's a reason, though... cash ends up getting spent on life... I know my space bux are earmarked for a good flash sale so I can get some game I really want].

I'm the same way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PS4, Vita, PS3, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, Pre-orders, Games, PSP