* * * * - 13 votes

GameStop Weekly Deals Thread

#3361 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Sorry, but what's this about a 50% bonus? First time hearing about this.

Game Day as has a 50% bonus coupon valid from 7/24 to early August. I stocked up on Monday.

#3362 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:57 AM

You guys are lucky you can trade to BB. 

I tried it once in my state (NY) and they said only games purchased from them could be traded back in else they were likely stolen games. With a GS right next to it, I was really confused. Never bother with their used system ever since. Wish I could do some flips there as well but oh well.

Your Best Buy has stupid people working in there. We're talking high levels of stupidity.

#3363 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:03 AM

Game Day as has a 50% bonus coupon valid from 7/24 to early August. I stocked up on Monday.

Where is this coupon? Have I been missing it?

#3364 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

Where is this coupon? Have I been missing it?

It's in a flyer that should be in all gamestop's that you can grab this week during their sale.

#3365 evanjavo  

evanjavo

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:08 AM

And one coupon is good for multiple games?

#3366 winterlane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

winterlane

Your Best Buy has stupid people working in there. We're talking high levels of stupidity.

Nope. Depending on how long ago it was that he tried to trade, the employees probably weren't BSing. For years, some Best Buys could only accept trades if the games were purchased from Best Buy. It had to do with local ordinances and BB not willing to jump through the hoops to get the full license to accept items from anywhere. I think they've cleared it now so that nearly all stores can accept anything.

#3367 Hoos First  

BB, how many people have access and how many tipped you?

#3368 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

Nope. Depending on how long ago it was that he tried to trade, the employees probably weren't BSing. For years, some Best Buys could only accept trades if the games were purchased from Best Buy. It had to do with local ordinances and BB not willing to jump through the hoops to get the full license to accept items from anywhere. I think they've cleared it now so that nearly all stores can accept anything.

I take it back. Best Buy back in the day then, had high levels of stupid folks making those decisions. Imagine GameStop doing that today. This thread would have been nonexistent.

#3369 LBJC   Lvl99; CAG+100 CAGiversary!   1602 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:12 AM

I think it was when they began their used game sales? I think that is pretty new, no? 

Its not recent for sure so maybe one day ill ask about it again. It was sort of insulting though like being talked like a thief or criminal. It was during one of the GS to BB flip periods. Not sure which game but I brought in my own copy that I had bought from Amazon or so but was shot down ASAP.

#3370 Drathdon   Lurker? Nope, just know how to keep quiet. CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Drathdon

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:13 AM

Since the trade talk is at a lull right now, here is some info that might help you prep for the next opportunity.

You can get a MINIMUM $75 Best Buy gift card (and a $75 trade-in receipt coupon toward the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro if you care) when you trade in ANY laptop that will power on and boot to Windows (any version). Limit one per trade-in per person (not tested multiple visits/days yet).

Quick and easy way to turn that shitty old laptop we all have lying around in the closet (or picked up for $10 at a pawn shop/Goodwill) into "seed money" for the next opportunity.

Valid in store only 6/25/17-7/15/17

https://tradein.best...en...es/laptops

#3371 Severus  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

Prior to this promo getting out of hand (which coincidentally was also prior to the advertised blackout period) BB was still getting people added to sheet access. I was added the day before thanks to a helpful reminder from another poster here to request access. BB also had some health issues pop up right before the SBW and was busting his jump getting people added and getting the sheets first thing in the morning.

It's not that new people aren't welcome so much as those who have done the legwork to gather all this info desire a certain degree of discretion and that is obviously a reasonable request. Last weekend simply proved that tighter restrictions are going to be required going forward. That sucks for people that don't already have sheet access but need to recognize that it's necessary to limit what information is available publicly (see also: all the YouTube videos shitlords shat out over the weekend).

I said it on Friday but I'm infinitely grateful to BB, Kyle, and the thread regulars who have shared their experience making it possible for me to partake in Flipageddon.

I just clicked the checkmark on this post, so I hope that is "liking" it and not "reporting" it. It doesn't say what it is on the mobile version.

Discretion makes sense. And regulations makes sense. It's the inconsistency and ambiguity that don't make sense. And also the insults from anyone that thinks that they are better than you.

A posted made that lays out "this is what must be met to" be able to post, be able to link, have access to the sheet, etc, would be great. Plus have a "if you don't meet these requirements now, work immediately to meet them then follow up" message.

There's a sense of "if you haven't read the same posts I have, then you aren't online here often enough to be worth it" and that's toxic to community building in a different way than the hyper-attention this situation gathered.

#3372 saathe   Seasoned Cag (Curry) CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:15 AM

I remember those days of buying the Visa GCs. Whatever happen to that guy that always used to post about BBY stuff. I think his name was Enuf? 

I'm looking at my spreadsheet the last time I traded games to BBY was December 2016. I hope they don't discontinue the program there, I've seen less and less pre-owned games at BBY, even online has been OOS for a lot of titles. 

Enuf is still active on the Best Buy Unboxed forums :)

#3373 Severus  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:21 AM

No. Go away.

Ten points from Hufflepuff.

#3374 evanjavo  

evanjavo

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:25 AM

Do older games for like 360, PS3, etc tend to stay at the same TIV?

#3375 Tridoral  

Tridoral

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:28 AM

The TIV for some xbox games increased during the stealth bump but I'm not sure if that's usual. 

#3376 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

I just clicked the checkmark on this post, so I hope that is "liking" it and not "reporting" it. It doesn't say what it is on the mobile version.

Discretion makes sense. And regulations makes sense. It's the inconsistency and ambiguity that don't make sense. And also the insults from anyone that thinks that they are better than you.

A posted made that lays out "this is what must be met to" be able to post, be able to link, have access to the sheet, etc, would be great. Plus have a "if you don't meet these requirements now, work immediately to meet them then follow up" message.

There's a sense of "if you haven't read the same posts I have, then you aren't online here often enough to be worth it" and that's toxic to community building in a different way than the hyper-attention this situation gathered.

The guidelines were listed in the FAQ. However halfway through the weekend the thread was nuked due to unwanted attention. The FAQ is currently unavailable in the meantime. I won't speak to ambiguity in regards to how they were applied but they were laid out plainly.

#3377 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2803 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

Since you've used your trade cards on more than ur main acct, when u log into https://www.gamestop.com/SVCredit/ on ur other acct, does your main acct's trade card balance show up there too?

I don't log into my other account. I wouldn't think it would since ive gotten those "you have this much money" on your account emails before and they never show the ones from my main account.

All i'm saying is, using ones trade credit on one account can't be enough reason to get banned. Coupons I understand, but trade credit?

#3378 Kyle1022  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

Locking this, weekly ad thread coming up shortly