* * * * - 13 votes

GameStop Weekly Deals Thread

#31 coren   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

I bought an Xbox one s used today and the avatar and user name stayed on the machine. I had to set up everything normally though. That normal?

My experience with used consoles is that no one tends to do a good job wiping them, and that the people who trade them in are frequently not attentive to things like removing accounts.

#32 MillerTime2523   FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND CAGiversary!   8544 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

MillerTime2523

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

So much drama in the C-A-G... (Snoop Dogg voice)

I just wrote this long ass post while the other thread got nuked lol..

Regardless I turned a $130 trade card into $1085 across 9 stores.. Going to go back for more tomorrow with a better plan, more flips and more PUR Pro accounts (no ID state ftw) but if the values get nuked I'm more than content.

I always feel like I'm being grilled by the FBI when the guy processing my trades tries to make small talk about the games I'm trading and I have to keep up the facade like I'm just a regular customer haha. So many times today I got "What did you think of game X? / How do you like system Y? Are you going to get Z?" I had absolutely no idea what these guys were talking about half the time but I tried to play it off and be as generic as possible lol. Also found it kind of annoying that a lot of the employees were trying so hard to sell me a bunch of useless shit that I had no interest in at all, but I didn't run into any jr detectives so I suppose it's a small price to pay.

Also, don't know if this was mentioned in the FAQ or not, but if you're doing GS to GS trades, be mindful that your trade balance doesn't really reflect the $2000 rolling limit. When I updated my spreadsheet when I got home I was surprised to find I traded in more than 2k worth of stuff even with 1100 in profit, just because I had to keep rolling those trades into other purchases. I thought the 2k limit would have just been 2k on across the trade cards, would have learned that lesson the hard way if I didn't have a second account going. It's my first time doing more than a few hundred bucks so if you're diving in like me be sure to keep track of that.

Thanks again to Blackbeard and all of the helpful contributions to the thread, hopefully there will be some more opportunities tomorrow and through out the weekend. Cheers!

#33 dealzg  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

Any Gamestop exclusive versions coming out soon? Already have the COD: WWII Pro edition reserved

I was looking today at what GS has for Forza 7. Seems like they're the only ones giving away the Porsche scale model with preorder. Might be worth paying $12 more than at BB.

#34 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

Regardless I turned a $130 trade card into $1085 across 9 stores.. Going to go back for more tomorrow with a better plan, more flips and more PUR Pro accounts (no ID state ftw) but if the values get nuked I'm more than content.

I always feel like I'm being grilled by the FBI when the guy processing my trades tries to make small talk about the games I'm trading and I have to keep up the facade like I'm just a regular customer haha. So many times today I got "What did you think of game X? / How do you like system Y? Are you going to get Z?" I had absolutely no idea what these guys were talking about half the time but I tried to play it off and be as generic as possible lol. Also found it kind of annoying that a lot of the employees were trying so hard to sell me a bunch of useless shit that I had no interest in at all, but I didn't run into any jr detectives so I suppose it's a small price to pay.

Also, don't know if this was mentioned in the FAQ or not, but if you're doing GS to GS trades, be mindful that your trade balance doesn't really reflect the $2000 rolling limit. When I updated my spreadsheet when I got home I was surprised to find I traded in more than 2k worth of stuff even with 1100 in profit, just because I had to keep rolling those trades into other purchases. I thought the 2k limit would have just been 2k on across the trade cards, would have learned that lesson the hard way if I didn't have a second account going. It's my first time doing more than a few hundred bucks so if you're diving in like me be sure to keep track of that.

Thanks again to Blackbeard and all of the helpful contributions to the thread, hopefully there will be some more opportunities tomorrow and through out the weekend. Cheers!

Why do people keep thanking some pirate around here?

#35 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:37 AM

Great CS at the two stores I went to today!

#36 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Only if you're part of the super secret arbitrary club that gets access to links.

Switch games good
Tekken good
Various 3ds games good
Mario party's good
Plants vs zombies good
NBA bad

#37 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Only if you're part of the super secret arbitrary club that gets access to links.

Or they could just google it.

Guest_Virtua_*

Public knowledge or posting of GameStop flips has almost never resulted in flips being fixed immediately or at all aside from normal value drops.

GameStop flips have been a thing for a decade or more. Who was here with the visa vanilla and blockbuster sea monsters, cranium kabooki, and Oblivion goty.

https://www.cheapass...mes-999/page-59

So all you newcomers need to check yourselves and realize that we don't control the flips. You are not an exclusive club. New people aren't going to ruin anything. We should be welcoming and friendly. The only threat to the flips we all love doing is this negative and hateful attitude.

#39 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

Got a link?

Reddit.com/gamestop look for the "report this activity"

#40 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10129 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Any Gamestop exclusive versions coming out soon?  Already have the COD: WWII Pro edition reserved

Destiny 2 LE, but you'd be hard pressed to find that one.

#41 Jhingles  

Jhingles

I think they're after his buried treasure but I can't be certain.

#42 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1279 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Any idea when the X1X will finally be preorderable? I would really like to pay it off after today.

#43 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

Destiny 2 LE, but you'd be hard pressed to find that one.

Ehhh... I don't like the color the bag comes in :)

#44 Flippingfordays   Flip god CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Flippingfordays

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:40 AM

Curious to what blackheads opinion on this is ? Any statements from him ? Did the mod stop trolling ? Find out on the next ep of cags. Did everything early and am happy with the results.have 2 ids left but I might go all out this week in order to rest for the next month. Side note 0_0 I had two buy 2 coupons but one disappeared!!! Anyone had this happen to them ?

#45 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Ease up homey, this is why redditors freak the Fuck out. Good job none the less. Enjoy.

#46 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Lol this has gotten ridiculous now

#47 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1171 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

United_Korea

I love finding steelbook games in the pre-owned racks. Found a Bloodborne steelbook.

#48 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:41 AM

My experience with used consoles is that no one tends to do a good job wiping them, and that the people who trade them in are frequently not attentive to things like removing accounts.

The weird part is that it totally set up normal like it was erased. Did an update and everything and still have someone's else's user name.

#49 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Public knowledge or posting of GameStop flips has almost never resulted in flips being fixed immediately or at all aside from normal value drops.

GameStop flips have been a thing for a decade or more. Who was here with the visa vanilla and blockbuster sea monsters, cranium kabooki, and Oblivion goty.

So all you newcomers need to check yourselves and realize that we don't control the flips. You are not an exclusive club. New people aren't going to ruin anything. We should be welcoming and friendly. The only threat to the flips we all love doing is this negative and hateful attitude.

Sure, I think sometimes certain members can be a little overbearing, but all we're asking is for people to contribute to the group.  There are plenty of people who are new here and are getting along just fine.  Others, though, are purposely doing things to kill the flow of the threads.

#50 m0therbrain  

m0therbrain

does anyone know how to find the flute in the legend of zelda on the nintendo entertainment system?

i'd call the powerline, but it's $1.50 a minute!  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

#51 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7562 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:42 AM

I was there for all of those. I have to correct you on one thing though. It was called "cranium bukkake." It was a honest mistake I'm sure.  :D

#52 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

We are at maximum pettiness, it's hilarious.

It's crazy.

I think it's because he helps people to collect some nice booty. Arrrrr lol

#53 muhanad   ... CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Any idea when the X1X will finally be preorderable? I would really like to pay it off after today.

They haven't said anything yet, but I expect it to be later this month (that's when PS4 was first available for pre-order)

#54 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:43 AM

Curious to what blackheads opinion on this is ? Any statements from him ? Did the mod stop trolling ? Find out on the next ep of cags. Did everything early and am happy with the results.have 2 ids left but I might go all out this week in order to rest for the next month. Side note 0_0 I had two buy 2 coupons but one disappeared!!! Anyone had this happen to them ?

Lol.  This is like deep sea fishing.  Make your catch and all your money in 3 months, and just chill the rest of the year

#55 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

does anyone know how to find the flute in the legend of zelda on the nintendo entertainment system?

i'd call the nintendo powerline, but it's $1.50 a minute!  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

I got smacked so hard for calling that hotline lol

#56 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Some jr detective on the gamestop Reddit is freaking out and they're infighting. Love these weekends so much salt.

The best part is how OP is so up in arms, but everyone else is like "Meh... it helps our numbers."  Some people really do take their job way too seriously.

#57 ritchardf  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:44 AM

wow, i guess i traded in a case for puyo puyo tetris today for $38.25 today, got home and the game is still in the console. i think the same guy will be working tomorrow so ill take it in when i pick up some boomerangs, never had that happen before

#58 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7562 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

The best part is how OP is so up in arms, but everyone else is like "Meh... it helps our numbers."  Some people really do take their job way too seriously.

Do you have the link to that? I'm curious to read it. 

#59 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

HAHAHAHHAh it's so funny that the GS reddit is exploding with people taking that seriously, it's hilarious seeing them defend a company like that. I mean, honestly do these guys think that GS isn't making profit out of this? 

#60 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10129 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

Word on the street is August sometime, which means that the new :xb1: console I got cheap with the promo who shall not be named will probably end up being mine for good (not interested in just returning it).

Ehhh... I don't like the color the bag comes in :)

I think you're referring to the CE, which isn't a GS exclusive (and also long gone).  The LE is the base game plus the expansion pass plus a SteelBook case.