* * * * - 13 votes

GameStop Weekly Deals Thread

#61 coren   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:46 AM

does anyone know how to find the flute in the legend of zelda on the nintendo entertainment system?

i'd call the nintendo powerline, but it's $1.50 a minute!  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

Gotta get to L5 man

#62 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

WTF is going on? I come back from a night out, decide to check the thread and this is all we have now? 

#63 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

What in the blue Sam hell happen here?

#64 muhanad   ... CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:47 AM

Do you have the link to that? I'm curious to read it. 

It's on the front page of the gamestop reddit, you'll see it easily

#65 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

It's crazy.

I think it's because he helps people to collect some nice booty. Arrrrr lol

Then Asa called to the LORD his God and said, "LORD, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. O LORD, you are our God; do not let man prevail against you." The LORD struck down the Cushites before Asa and Judah. The Cushites fled, and Asa and his army pursued them as far as Gerar. Such a great number of Cushites fell that they could not recover; they were crushed before the LORD and his forces. The men of Judah carried off a large amount of plunder. They destroyed all the villages around Gerar, for the terror of the LORD had fallen upon them. They plundered all these villages, since there was much booty there.   See :)  man has been after booty for centuries

#66 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

y34SRkc.jpg

last one for tonight

#67 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

So it seems my regular GameStop store employee is one of us,
When I had my games ready to buy he mentioned "the list"

Caught me off guard I said no out of reaction
But he was cool about it, gave me a few game recommendations too

If you work at a GameStop in the San Gabriel valley
, and it's you give me a pm lol

The first rule of Fight Club is ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#68 ich00   CAGosaurus Rex CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

Only if you're part of the super secret arbitrary club that gets access to links.

I didn't need an obscure web browser, which is free by the way, to trade in $400 worth of games today. Just took a little bit of research and going through some games I don't want to play anymore.

#69 Dashey10  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

CS6Lr6y.jpg
last one for tonight

The fact that DOW is down in stock makes it better.

#70 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2349 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

I usually dont look at the trade thread because I got lazy with trading stuff in lol, but man you guys are right, some of the TIVs of these games are nuts, so I had to jump on board too. 

#71 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

If you sort by new on the Gamestop subreddit, it's the one titled "Employees: This Needs Some Attention."  Only like 3 or 4 submissions down.  It's worth a read, and seeing all the other employees dismiss OP might make a lot of CAGs here feel better about heading back out tomorrow.

#72 Hedhunter  

Hedhunter

For anyone whose reached the 3 copy gcu limit on need for speed PS4: my Walmart had the price rolled back to $16

#73 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

~starlight~

I bought an Xbox one s used today and the avatar and user name stayed on the machine. I had to set up everything normally though. That normal?

I brought an Xbox One like the month after Halo 5 came out that the original owner had only removed their acct but still had the console set as their home console. Even though their acct was no longer on the console, I could still play all the games in their library including Halo 5...just had to redownload their games coz HD was empty lol.

Anyone Hawaiians or Alaskans want Kongregate coupons?? I have 7 coupons left, PM me for them.

I still can't figure out how to get Batman Telltale to run without the disc, I finally got all the episodes downloaded now but it still wants the disc in the console...how how did others do it?

#74 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

So a SL at one of my GSs basically confirmed the survey-based nature of prestige status, in his own words 'It's a recognition of flattery and harassing customers'

#75 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:50 AM

https://www.reddit.c...R0F&sh=d8806c4d

#76 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:51 AM

Question for those of you that have done Pick-Up at Store requests before... Assuming that you get a Fulfilled or Not able to Fulfill e-mail. Is there a way to cancel the hold at all besides calling the store? Like do you have an option to do it online through your account or anything at all?

#77 woozie2  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:52 AM

Edit: Never mind I ask a more concise question in a newer post.

#78 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Question for those of you that have done Pick-Up at Store requests before... Assuming that you get a Fulfilled or Not able to Fulfill e-mail. Is there a way to cancel the hold at all besides calling the store? Like do you have an option to do it online through your account or anything at all?

Not that I've seen.  You either have to call or just let it expire.

#79 ritchardf  

For anyone whose reached the 3 copy gcu limit on need for speed PS4: my Walmart had the price rolled back to $16

yep $15.84 for both need for speeds and amazing spider man 2.

#80 dealzg  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

I still can't figure out how to get Batman Telltale to run without the disc I got all the episodes downloaded now but it still wants the disc in the console...how how did others do it?

It worked for me when I had already downloaded the first episode while it was free. So when I put in the disc for the first time, it downloaded the rest of the episodes and then I could play without the disc. I'm pretty sure you need the free first episode prior to inserting the disc.

#81 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Public knowledge or posting of GameStop flips has almost never resulted in flips being fixed immediately or at all aside from normal value drops.

GameStop flips have been a thing for a decade or more. Who was here with the visa vanilla and blockbuster sea monsters, cranium kabooki, and Oblivion goty.

https://www.cheapass...mes-999/page-59

So all you newcomers need to check yourselves and realize that we don't control the flips. You are not an exclusive club. New people aren't going to ruin anything. We should be welcoming and friendly. The only threat to the flips we all love doing is this negative and hateful attitude.

As someone who is new, I completely agree with being kind and welcoming. Everyone has been that way to me thus far, which I appreciate. I also respect the choice people may make to limit information/deals if they put in the time and effort to obtain it. For example, Blackbeard wants to make requirements for his sheets, that's his right.

And just to play devil's advocate, social media was really just getting started a decade ago. It's way more prevalent today allowing information to spread to more people and at a faster rate. There have been multiple examples where society has impacted policy and helped propel changes through social media. Therefore, don't you think it's within the realm of possibility, GameStop could change it's policy?

I say all of this with zero animosity. I hope that everyone is able to get the best deals that they can this weekend.

#82 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Just don't go and they'll return it to the sales floor

#83 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11237 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

The hold goes away after 24-48 hours, so if you don't want the game all you have to do is nothing.

#84 Kyle1022  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:54 AM

WTF is going on? I come back from a night out, decide to check the thread and this is all we have now? 

What in the blue Sam hell happen here?

The mod who runs the CAG Twitter was actively trolling the old thread(s), seems like they've stopped now though

#85 m0therbrain  

m0therbrain

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

y34SRkc.jpg

last one for tonight

:applause:  whatever you're getting paid for your occupation it's not enough.  

also, i discovered emoticons.

#86 k311  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

I didn't need an obscure web browser, which is free by the way, to trade in $400 worth of games today. Just took a little bit of research and going through some games I don't want to play anymore.

Kind of my point actually. Another poster was nice enough to point in a general direction, but yes, anyone could figure it out and it's not rocket science. Makes it kind of petty to make using the tool that makes the trades more efficient only locked to people who happened to be on the site earlier today. Whatever, not the end of the world. I've got some stuff lined up for tomorrow already that I think will be easy.

#87 iHero   Your Hero CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

this makes me nervous to do anymore trades this weekend, even though there's only like a small chance my district would be one that's notified.

#88 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

Wanna see my inbox today?

giphy.gif

#89 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

y34SRkc.jpg

last one for tonight

This is the hardest I have laughed all week. "Best Buy wins by doing nothing" sent me over the top. :rofl:  :bow:  :applause:

#90 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10865 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

Reddit.com/gamestop look for the "report this activity"

Yea I found it that sub reddit is entertaining