* * * * - 13 votes

GameStop Weekly Deals Thread

#1891 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Hey Blackbeard, "Paragon Essentials Edition" is listed on some sheets with a GS TIV but GS doesn't have a TIV online or in stores. Just fyi.

Thank You! It was a mistake in my BB to GS database file, it should be removed the next time I run it tomorrow. 

#1892 Lumas101  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question: I thought I had read every page of this thread, but I noticed a few quick posts about a $50 console trade bonus, but nothing before or since. Can someone elaborate about whether and when this is happening? I know about the $25 bonus until the 9th but I'm not sure if I missed something else.

#1893 voldo   Banned Banned   42 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

man I miss breakfast flips already.was able to finally find a switch, thanks bb.

#1894 ritchardf  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question: I thought I had read every page of this thread, but I noticed a few quick posts about a $50 console trade bonus, but nothing before or since. Can someone elaborate about whether and when this is happening? I know about the $25 bonus until the 9th but I'm not sure if I missed something else.

some coupon from retailmenot

#1895 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Watch what you post here, since Jay Madden was banned yesterday he has been copying and pasting everything on slickdeals. He's like that kid in school who never studied for a test and was always looking over at the other kids for answers.

#1896 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

That's stupid - tell them they're adult owned and well taken care of.

Most employees assume games just normally come with gunk and junk all over the discs. 

I always get comments about how good my games look when they come from my personal collection. I hate it because there's no reason a game (or case for that matter) should look like someone just elbow dropped it from the top rope.

Edit: words

#1897 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

I always get comments about how good my games look when they come from my personal collection. I hate it because there's no reason a game (or case for that matter) should look like someone just elbow dropped it from the top rope.

Snap into a Slim Jim! Whoaaa Yeah!!! Macho Man!

I think they assume that the cases will be dirty when you have like Target who used to run promos with buy a game and get a bag of Doritos free with purchase.

#1898 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

Just a heads up on a few titles you can pre-order that aren't $60

Cuphead $19.99

Lucky's Super Tail $29.99

Dishonored: dskjf;alsjdf  $29.99

#1899 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

Yep! The same thing happens to me. It's actually gotten to the point where a couple of the employee's who know me won't even check the condition of my games because I never bring them anything damaged, even consoles. The only crud condition games I trade in are ones I've purchased from Gamestop :P

#1900 crazydom2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

crazydom2

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

I've dealt with way too many junior detectives while doing this. Seems like they're abundant in my area.

Would it be worth it to make a separate account for trading purposes to avoid the headaches?

#1901 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

Would it be worth it to make a separate account for trading purposes to avoid the headaches?

Yes

#1902 Churches Chicken   The French CAG in Training   25 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Churches Chicken

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

You mean you don't​ give your game discs the People's Elbow before trading them into Gamestop?

#1903 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Part of me wants to make a second account (main account isnt banned, but is on thr edge of limit) and go for one last run today. I have a feeling all of this attention is finally going to be the kick in the ass GS needs to "correct" the problem and prevent these perfect storms from happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#1904 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3565 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Part of me wants to make a second account (main account isnt banned, but is on thr edge of limit) and go for one last run today. I have a feeling all of this attention is finally going to be the kick in the ass GS needs to "correct" the problem and prevent these perfect storms from happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't know sp00ge - You and I have been around a LONG time.  We've seen lots of crazy things like the BBV B2G1's to Gamestop (and then back to BBV) as well as the Hollywood Video 4.99 sales.  Remember the old promos with bringing in 2 of the BBV B2G1 games and then getting a game for free at Gamestop with one of those "Bring in 2 qualifying  games" promos.  There has always been talk of them putting a stop to it but in the end, while they've certainly adapted some over the years, these opportunities still arise.  I think their survival is somewhat tied to these promos.  

EDIT:  I actually made a second account recently.

Edited a 2nd time for typing "they're" instead of "their" in my haste.

#1905 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

I'm finally in an area that doesn't require ID for trades. My wife appreciates only being on sticker duty lol

#1906 Brendan_Frye   all five senses CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Even YouTubers got the flipping bug :(

https://www.youtube....h?v=YCLU-EQYWfU

Wow.............just..............wow. What a asshole. (See what I did there?)

#1907 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10178 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Well I'm a moron. I went over 2k and didn't even realize it because I was basing it off of my total credit at the end of the night, not factoring in the credit I using to buy games with. I am truly as stupid as a noon lurker.

I guess I should go all out today? I can only assume the ban is coming to me quickly

#1908 Brendan_Frye   all five senses CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

Just checked and the rest of my points showed up. I guess that means I'm not banned?

#1909 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

I'm new to using rewards from gs I have enough for a 25$ rewards certificate or 25$ preowned

can I use the 25$ rewards certificate on preowned as well ? I might not use all my credit and maybe get an amiibo

#1910 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

Hey guys, now's the time to get banned. For some questions being asked, look on page one. Some people are surprised that they are banned, please what were you thinking. If you knew what the trade limit was, think before you act. Some people have been banned already and they love it. Not me.

#1911 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5722 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

I'm new to using rewards from gs I have enough for a 25$ rewards certificate or 25$ preowned

can I use the 25$ rewards certificate on preowned as well ? I might not use all my credit and maybe get an amiibo

You can but there should be a preowned and new option for the coupons. The preowned should be cheaper than the regular one. 

#1912 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

You mean you don't​ give your game discs the People's Elbow before trading them into Gamestop?

No, just the Rock Bottom.

On a more serious note, I went in yesterday looking to pick up RE7 but it rang up as 54.99 despite it being 32.99 on the website, anyone know if the price has changed in-store today?

#1913 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

Quick question: When using pre-owned rewards certificates the restrictions state that you can only stack different denominations. The example uses 2 certificates. Does anyone know if you can use more than 2?

I'm looking at stacking 25, 15, and 10 to knock 50 off pre-owned system.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#1914 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

Quick question: When using pre-owned rewards certificates the restrictions state that you can only stack different denominations. The example uses 2 certificates. Does anyone know if you can use more than 2?

Thanks.

The most I've ever used was 3, but that was a while go so I'm not sure if anything has changed.

#1915 srocky26  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Thanks.

You can use more than two. I've used at least four before.

#1916 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

6 Total Pre-Owned

430 Total New

holy cow!  thanks for checking on that 

#1917 barlush23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Why are so many people so worried about points? You don't lose your points due to a trade ban. You just can't trade in. Nothing else changes.

#1918 LBJC   Lvl99; CAG+100 CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

I've dealt with way too many junior detectives while doing this. Seems like they're abundant in my area.

How do you make a new account? Im in state where you need ID to sell games in. With a new account, wouldn't you use your same ID and possibly give you shit?

#1919 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Why are so many people so worried about points? You don't lose your points due to a trade ban. You just can't trade in. Nothing else changes.

i may be wrong, but I believe you can't cash in your points either when your account is banned.  I recall a guy at a local GS that wanted to get some certs with his points, but wanted to know if he was still banned.  The employee tried and said he was still banned and he was unable to convert the points to certs.  

#1920 bn222  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Certificates only apply on one item, so unless your getting a 25$ Amiibo you shouldn't get the 25 cert.