* * * * - 13 votes

GameStop Weekly Deals Thread

#181 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:11 AM

Any reason why the stealth bump archive is locked now? I was able to access it until now. I thought you only needed permission to access the flip and boomerang spreadsheet. 

Sorry they are locked until the attention dies down.

#182 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

don't have the FAQs to look at, but wanted to double check, banned only means no more trading, right? can still buy with trade credit, redeem points, and do pre-orders?

You just answered your own question

#183 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

I'm going to see family out of state tomorrow. I've mapped it out and put holds at a bunch of different stores. It's usually a 3 hour drive and I'll be pushing 5 hours. With the wife and kids tagging along.

Twice the driver's licenses for trade in fun!

#184 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

don't have the FAQs to look at, but wanted to double check, banned only means no more trading, right? can still buy with trade credit, redeem points, and do pre-orders?

someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that is the case yes, you just can’t trade anything in for a few months

#185 elessar123  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

Can we have a "Trade Discussion" thread for talking up deals (questions) and our reactions to them, and have a *HEAVILY MODERATED* thread of just straight info?

This gets suggested with all the big threads, from Steam to PSN. What ends up happening is that everyone ends up posting in one thread, typically the discussion thread, and no one updates the info thread. Then people complain that the discussion is getting all the juicy news, and then the official thread gets closed, and the discussion thread becomes the main thread. And then months later, someone asks if they can be split...

#186 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

An idea to keep the discussion more low key is if I just made a new topic every week with the new weekly ad and we had our discussions there. We'll see how this thread goes for now though. What would people think of that?

Good idea.

#187 Police Chief  

Police Chief

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

Man, the archive was all we no sheet access people had😢 I've got my flips memorized though so it's all good. Crazy, how much drama there's been unless than 24 hours lmao

#188 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

Hey is it possible if someone could PM me the $5 coupon for trades? To be honest I did not save it ._.

Edit: got one from a fellow CAG, Thanks Churches Chicken (not a sponsor)

#189 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

You're correct and I had not noticed the change. I can't speak for Blackbeard directly, but it's likely due to all of the attention that this forum got this evening after being posted on the official CAG Twitter.

Damn, I missed about an hour of the last thread, sh*t must have went down after the tweet, by the farmer girl lady.

Not that I'm asking about it here :)

#190 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

I honestly had a late shift and have just looked at the thread now, sad that I missed out on the list, but it was fun searching for deals a bit old school and getting excited when the game I held in my hand is worth more than I paid thanks to this site. A bit more work, but worth it in the end. Hope to do this in the morning while the family sleeps.

#191 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:34 AM

If I'm trying to hold a game for pickup and keep getting an error what should I assume?

A. The website is broken
B. The game is not available and the site hasn't updated to reflect that

#192 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

shoutout to nintendo and need for speed for loadsamoney

my condolences for those of you who don't live in urban areas filled with stores.

#193 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

If I'm trying to hold a game for pickup and keep getting an error what should I assume?

A. The website is broken
B. The game is not available and the site hasn't updated to reflect that

It's possible that the game is no longer available.  Have you tried a different location or game to see what happened?  Several people couldn't get Arms to hold but that one was getting reserved pretty quickly.  I would recommend calling your store in the morning!

#194 DubTownG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

Picked up 9 3DS games from 1 store as part of the B2G1. The associate waited until after I paid for them and gave me a warning...

"Just in case you're thinking about trading these games back in for a free $100, they're being...watched."

Was he full of shit or legit looking out for me? This would be my first flip where straight up flip (i.e. all games bought solely for the purpose of trading back in) so I doubt there's anything else on my account that would lead to me being flagged/banned. Would love some opinions from you guys. 

#195 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

It's possible that the game is no longer available. Have you tried a different location or game to see what happened? Several people couldn't get Arms to hold but that one was getting reserved pretty quickly. I would recommend calling your store in the morning!

Sounds like I'm SOL. Thanks for the response.

#196 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

Honestly have no idea.
I mean you were there, we weren't.
@mastaspy007

#197 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

Picked up 9 3DS games from 1 store as part of the B2G1. The associate waited until after I paid for them and gave me a warning...
"Just in case you're thinking about trading these games back in for a free $100, they're being...watched."

Was he full of shit or legit looking out for me? This would be my first flip where straight up flip (i.e. all games bought solely for the purpose of trading back in) so I doubt there's anything else on my account that would lead to me being flagged/banned. Would love some opinions from you guys.

Sounds like a shitlord JRD powertripping. If they're being watched and you end up banned would it be much of a loss? That would mean the gravy train has ended.

#198 donkeys2005   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

donkeys2005

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

Are people honestly that clueless to not know how to check the gamestop trade in site themselves? You can search by system (3ds, ps4 etc) and organize by trade value, that shows all the high value games for each system.

#199 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

Thanks to BB, Kyle, and everyone who helps out.   I started the day with $76 credit, 3 minor games to trade in, and $30 cash.

I run a videogame club at the school where I teach. We now have a PS4 Slim, Xbox One S, and Wii U (Zelda branded) for the next school year!

I also got Arms / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / XB1 Controller with jack.  After a final trade tomorrow morning I'll have $300 credit.

It took me 7 hours to reach close to my trade in limit.....I never have before and that is with much more time used.

As far as all the drama, it is really like a social experiment.  Good and bad!   If you don't have sheet access, the Gamestop website makes it easy and if you have experience it isn't tough to get trades.  It wasn't super long ago that you couldn't even use the GS website to see trade in values!  You can do it!

#200 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Full of it.  What are they gonna do?  Ban you for a month?  lol

#201 Gjallarhorn  

Gjallarhorn

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

What are they going to Do? Ban you for What? This is gamestops promo and I'm not reading and policies saying you can't trade in games.

#202 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:47 AM

Thanks to BB, Kyle, and everyone who helps out.   I started the day with $76 credit, 3 minor games to trade in, and $30 cash.

I run a videogame club at the school where I teach. We now have a PS4 Slim, Xbox One S, and Wii U (Zelda branded) for the next school year!

I also got Arms / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / XB1 Controller with jack.  After a final trade tomorrow morning I'll have $300 credit.

It took me 7 hours to reach close to my trade in limit.....I never have before and that is with much more time used.

As far as all the drama, it is really like a social experiment.  Good and bad!   If you don't have sheet access, the Gamestop website makes it easy and if you have experience it isn't tough to get trades.  It wasn't super long ago that you couldn't even use the GS website to see trade in values!  You can do it!

Glad that stuff is going to a good cause

#203 Churches Chicken   The French CAG in Training   25 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Churches Chicken

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

This sounds like some straight up 1984. I wouldn't worry for now, however I wouldn't go back to that store for a week or two (maybe 3) until you have enough transaction history where he/she has to dig for your flip.

#204 DustyMage   ZA WARUDO CAGiversary!   248 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

DustyMage

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

yeah the site seems borked

#205 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

Full of it. What are they gonna do? Ban you for a month? lol

The way I see it, I'm doing them a service taking the game(s) from store A to store B.

#206 Dashey10  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

yeah the site seems borked

#207 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:55 AM

Honestly I'm wondering if maybe this was intended. Like, way higher than JD's they decided to take a loss to boost trade-in/used sales/powerup subscriptions to make an impressive statement to their shareholders. these are the cornerstones of gamestop, with pre-orders being in 4th place.

#208 DubTownG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Nice, appreciate the reassurance everyone. Gonna turn around and flip these tomorrow to a different store (after removing all stickers just to be safe). Happy flipping!

#209 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

This sounds like some straight up 1984. I wouldn't worry for now, however I wouldn't go back to that store for a week or two (maybe 3) until you have enough transaction history where he/she has to dig for your flip.

Well good thing he only has to visit GS once month.

#210 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

Nice, appreciate the reassurance everyone. Gonna turn around and flip these tomorrow to a different store (after removing all stickers just to be safe). Happy flipping!

If i were you, i'd try to remember in the future to flip them to a different store the very same day. Because i think it takes 24 hours for your purchase/trade history to be visible by other stores. If you care about being noticed, that is.

Speaking of, I'm gonna keep this up tomorrow and clear out some stores farther away and i hope no one decides to look at my account and realize i traded in those exact same games yesterday.