* * * * - 13 votes

GameStop Weekly Deals Thread

#2191 major morgan  

major morgan

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

My question is at THOSE stores, has anyone seen them also sell gift cards to BB/Amazon/eBay?

My idea is buy GCs to like Khols -> go to Khols and buy BB gift cards with the Khols gift card -> profit.

Whoops! My fault. I can't say I'm 100% certain since it was a quick glance as I walked passed it, but I do seem to recall at least seeing some BB GC's at a Kohl's. The display looked like it had a variety similar to the kind of stuff you find at most grocery stores' GC section.

Whether or not you'd be able to buy any of those GC's with a Kohl's GC is another story, of course.

#2192 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

Regular hours.

The people who handle changes etc were off so that's why they lasted an extra day.

They are off today and tomorrow too so a good chance values could hold till tomorrow.

Thanks for the info! That makes more sense.

#2193 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Regular hours.

The people who handle changes etc were off so that's why they lasted an extra day.

They are off today and tomorrow too so a good chance values could hold till tomorrow.

omg

#2194 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Whoops! My fault. I can't say I'm 100% certain since it was a quick glance as I walked passed it, but I do seem to recall at least seeing some BB GC's at a Kohl's. The display looked like it had a variety similar to the kind of stuff you find at most grocery stores' GC section.

Whether or not you'd be able to buy any of those GC's with a Kohl's GC is another story, of course.

I'll try to test it out soon. Worse comes to worst I'll get some new clothes.

#2195 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

mackie619

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

if there's one thing I'll remember from all of this, it's that.....

Spoiler

YES!!!!! Agents of mayhem all the way. Lol

#2196 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1669 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

Just had a SL "warn" me. He's not the detective type, but he said his dm was in the store when a "guest", a dumb ass somabitch, asked for the obvious flips, amd when the dm went to get the cases the dumb ass sumbitch straight up said to the ga, "don't need the cases I'm going to trade them right back in", in listening distance of the dm. The dm Not only took his info but is now on full alert because of that foolish customer. The damn fool did that 3 times in the same store Saturday. Today's conference call was about the flippers. Tennessee market

#2197 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

Is the link for the bump archive broken?

No it's locked until I can replicate the same access controls as the main sheet.

#2198 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

mackie619

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

Fun things to buy when you have too much credit:

From GS directly:
iPad Pro (or other branded tablets)
Apple Watch (or some other select wearables)
Phones
Computer chairs
Whatever this is http://www.gamestop....tform-v3/143122
Drones
HTC Vive (I think you even get a $100 GS gift card)
Snorlax bean bag http://www.gamestop....ag-chair/133112
Destiny Gjallarhorn replica http://www.gamestop....gamestop/143662
A nice keyboard
Prebuilt gaming computers

Anything on ThinkGeek

Things from the Microsoft Store (via Xbox credit) like a Surface Pro 4, movies, legitimate licenses for Microsoft Office or Photoshop.

Gift cards:
(Trade credit does not work on Amazon, eBay, gas, or Visa gift cards)
http://imgur.com/a/Mpqbj

Funny thing to buy with too much credit.....monopoly gamer!!! Smh the only monopoly game with DLC game pieces. Shout out to ghost1914 for involving me in this madness. My household is hooked

#2199 Wickedgamer1  

Wickedgamer1

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

Hey guys newer poster here, long time... Lurker I guess? I do t really buy many games nowadays. Anywho I flipped before with some success using the old sheets, this time I waited too long (read: was not an active enough member of the community) and so I've had to do all the research on my own this time, but I've already accumulated about 400+ in store credit. Last night I traded some of my own games then boomeranged some switch and 3ds titles Making sure not to go over 3 copies. Now today I started again. my last trade I bought about 9 high value games including Mario maker3d and LOZ BOW on switch (only second copy of each). I take those games to the next store to flip. I hand the employee the games and he looks up my account and immediately and I can tell he's typing too much (no games are coming up). He then offers to return Zelda and Mario maker. I insist I would like to trade them. He then tells me to "hold on just a minute" pulls the store phone out and basically runs to the back room. So I'm like Fuck. Here's the end of my fun. He comes back and restated his "inability" to trade those titles. I'm like, what the Fuck? First thing you do is look up my history? Isn't that super invasive considering I don't have a flagged account? I wanted to walk off but they already had my info, so I stayed and traded what I could. Left with about 200 in store credit. I'm nervous to even try and trade with my account now. Gonna have my girlfriend open her own to keep this ball rolling, but I just wanted to share that. Fucking junior detectives. Just trade the games and shut up. You aren't paid enough.
Anyway, that's my story. Hey everyone! Hope you're all making out like bandits.

TL;DR Started boomeranging after trading my own games to start. almost immediately "caught" by junior detective. might have been flagged. Opening new account. Oh hello everyone!

#2200 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

Funny thing to buy with too much credit.....monopoly gamer!!! Smh the only monopoly game with DLC game pieces. Shout out to ghost1914 for involving me in this madness. My household is hooked

Is it good? I want it to play with my sisters. They HATE regular monopoly, but this one seemed like a fun twist on it! Is it worth it? 

#2201 ghost1914  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

Lmao!! You're welcome!!! I picked mine up today and used $35 of certs so only paid $4.99 + tax for it. Gonna bust it open and play with the wife tonight.

#2202 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

Utawarerumono: Mask of deception (Preowned:launch edition box) 

I really did enjoy that game.  Getting it for cheaply with its hidden gem promo made me go and go ahead and preorder the new one coming out.  Also Atui/Atuy is best girl.

#2203 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

what makes you guys special? why doesnt everyone deserve to know? no one deserves to "exploit" the system more than the next guy.

*Checks off another untrustworthy CAG*

#2204 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1047 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

Just had a SL "warn" me. He's not the detective type, but he said his dm was in the store when a "guest", a dumb ass somabitch, asked for the obvious flips, amd when the dm went to get the cases the dumb ass sumbitch straight up said to the ga, "don't need the cases I'm going to trade them right back in", in listening distance of the dm. The dm Not only took his info but is now on full alert because of that foolish customer. The damn fool did that 3 times in the same store Saturday. Today's conference call was about the flippers. Tennessee market

I told the guy pretty much the same about not needing the case, but I also told him these were for my little twin brothers' birthday this week and they don't care about the cases. Show the man some respect, especially when he's working his ass off so you can get "free" money. Human decencies, man, human decencies.

#2205 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9516 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

Got one last haul of 13 (or 14, if I can find the damn thing) games left to go. Guess I'll split it up into 2 trades and hope for the best?

After this, I'm completely done though since this is all from my own collection. On the bright side, I haven't flipped any of the titles in the list yet and they're not the BIG movers, so I'm hoping I'll be able to fly under the radar. If I don't get banned today, should be able to stay unbanned.

#2206 asgaga   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:00 PM

Lmao!! You're welcome!!! I picked mine up today and used $35 of certs so only paid $4.99 + tax for it. Gonna bust it open and play with the wife tonight.

dont open it :)

after playing with my family, they forced me to buy all the characters...

#2207 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Got one last haul of 13 (or 14, if I can find the damn thing) games left to go. Guess I'll split it up into 2 trades and hope for the best?

After this, I'm completely done though since this is all from my own collection. On the bright side, I haven't flipped any of the titles in the list yet and they're not the BIG movers, so I'm hoping I'll be able to fly under the radar. If I don't get banned today, should be able to stay unbanned.

Okay I need to ask. WTF is your profile pic?

#2208 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Regular hours.

If true blackout will continue through July 4th due to how extreme the circumstances have blown up. 

#2209 Chimeratwin  

Chimeratwin

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

State Of Decay  and 7 Days To Die flip for a very good amount. 

I traded in my copy of State Of Decay for $38 and bought it digitally for $9 on the Xbox Live store. 

#2210 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

by the end i got lazy and almost exclusively dealt in 3ds games. dont worry about cases, dont worry about damage, dont worry about obvious good titles because theyre ALL good titles. there's more reasons but I'll just say it made it faster and easier.

you can tell the clerk you just put them in your carrying case when its 3ds games.

#2211 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

I'll try to test it out soon. Worse comes to worst I'll get some new clothes.

Please keep us posted

#2212 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1047 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

Okay I need to ask. WTF is your profile pic?

a dragon with boobs?

#2213 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

by the end i got lazy and almost exclusively dealt in 3ds games. dont worry about cases, dont worry about damage, dont worry about obvious good titles because theyre ALL good titles.

you can tell the clerk you just put them in your carrying case when its 3ds games.

yea and I don't get hit with refurb fees normally but always feel good about switch/3ds since they are cartridges.  

#2214 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Watch what you post here, since Jay Madden was banned yesterday he has been copying and pasting everything on slickdeals. He's like that kid in school who never studied for a test and was always looking over at the other kids for answers.

In case any forgot, he is still doing it https://slickdeals.n...e=5#commentsBox

#2215 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Did my final trade today, total tally around $2100 across 2 accounts. Bought a PS4 Pro and Monopoly Gamer to celebrate. Long live flipmas 2017!

#2216 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

trading in a bunch of different nintendo games seems less odd than trading in the games you see namedropped the most for playstation and xbox, if you have someone who knows about flips in the store.

plus your trades are less likely to arouse anybody. one trade of mine got every clerk in the store to look at the register and my tally in awe and confusion and that was one time enough for me.

#2217 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Am I banned?  Trying to do instore pickup, and keep getting the message that "A Problem Occurred".  Not even trying to get used games, trying to get a couple of new games to keep.

that happened to me when I had my adblocker on. Worked fine when I turned it off in case you are in a similar situation.

#2218 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

a dragon with boobs?

Nonsense. Dragons aren't mammals, so they wouldn't have mammalian breasts.

#2219 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3346 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

Pardon the interruption but can I use my trade in credit to buy psn/xbox/eshop credit?

#2220 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

Pardon the interruption but can I use my trade in credit to buy psn/xbox/eshop credit?

Yes.