* - - - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 7/2-7/8

#31 marauder30   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

marauder30

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

Can easily make your own PS4 Pro deal this weekend at gamestop.... Just saying...

Care to elaborate on this?

#32 Odinsfury   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Odinsfury

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Care to elaborate on this?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this. 

Maybe they will open it up for you and sell it as new. 

#33 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this.

Maybe they will open it up for you and sell it as new.

Hypothetically speaking, there may be games you can buy at one store, trade them for a lot more than you paid for them at another store that sells PS4 Pros, and end up paying a lot less out of pocket for it than waiting for a sale.

Hypothetically speaking that is...

#34 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

Is it possible to order a game from best buy where the disc isn't loose and rolling around the inside of the case? Another arrived today and I think that makes about 12 in a row

It's not really a Best Buy problem but a problem with Sony's case design. I've gotten games with loose discs from every retailer and no amount packing material is going to change that because the truth is a lot of these discs were already loose when the retailers got them from Sony.

#35 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6250 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

yea pull it down. i remember they got sued cause someone posted circuit city ad back in the days. i wonder what happened to the poster. he doesnt visit here anymore?

Speedy1969. He was just a movie guy, didn't care about video games.  He started out posting the Circuit City DVD deals, then CAGs starting asking him about the video games in the ads.  He was doing it as a favor to us, but left CAG after the threat of legal action from Circuit City.   Nothing came of it since Cheapy responded to them with "no info, sorry".  They then moved on to bigger and better things...like bankruptcy.

#36 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:13 AM

Watch Dogs 2 is $25/20 again.

#37 iHero   Your Hero CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:21 AM

if I had to get one, would you guys recommend Mafia III Deluxe ($23.99) or Ghost Recon Wildlands ($31.99)?

#38 Sielanas  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

if I had to get one, would you guys recommend Mafia III Deluxe ($23.99) or Ghost Recon Wildlands ($31.99)?

Slamming your foot in a door? Or if you have to burn a certificate, pre-order something and cancel.

#39 iHero   Your Hero CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

Slamming your foot in a door? Or if you have to burn a certificate, pre-order something and cancel.

lol it's actually the $5 off any $29.99 and up game for renewing GCU. Feel like I shouldn't waste it, but haven't found a game I wanted. expires in 2 days :(

#40 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:29 AM

Watch Dogs 2 is $25/20 again.

Hmmm I'm on the fence maybe I'll try it

#41 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:46 AM

Yakuza 0 is on sale for 50\40 with GCU. I've got a $10 gift card and a $5 cert so I think I'll bite since I'm tired of waiting on 40/32.

#42 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

I haven't heard good things about either of them.

#43 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

Just bought Tekken 7 last week. Time to go get some money back!

#44 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

I'm a thirty day elite and I purchased tekken on day one. I qualified for the price March but because I used a reward cert it negated the price match per the rep.

Just a heads up for anyone else who preordered day one. Think this may be the last day

#45 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

Since there's a reprint of Poyo-poyo tetris without the keychains, I wonder if we can really be sure we'll get them from a bestbuy order? It says launch edition...

#46 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

if I had to get one, would you guys recommend Mafia III Deluxe ($23.99) or Ghost Recon Wildlands ($31.99)

I haven't heard good things about either of them.

I don't quite understand the hate for these games.  I looked up some of the reviews on Metacritic and it seems like the majority of negative ones are complaining about the game(s) being something they weren't intended to be in the first place.  

Here's my 2 cents on each game...

First off let me say neither of these games are flawless.  Both have minor glitches/bugs but none of which are game breaking.  I have beat GR:W and got 9xx/1000 of the achievements and am currently playing through Mafia 3.

Ghost Recon - 

Pros -

Environment is stunning and looks great

Story is fun albeit cliche to an extent

Cutscenes that offer up backstory to the numerous characters add a lot to the story and are worth watching

The option to go guns blazing or stealth for most missions is really nice (it's a great feeling to clear a camp/base of 20+ cartel members without alerting anyone else)

Cons

Missions can be repetitive

A few small bugs or odd animations

I had a couple times where the frame-rate dropped to a stutter (Not sure what caused this, and I wouldn't say for sure that it was even due to the game itself, may have been my system)

Mafia III

Pros

Characters are very well done

Visuals are nice (although there are some areas that are lackluster)

The open-world setting in the 60s is very cool. I have heard a few different things on the radio stations talking about actual events that are not really covered in your standard history classes in K-12.

Soundtrack is great

Cons

Repetitive missions

Framerate issues/screen tearing

Missions markers not disappearing after being completed (this is a bit of an annoyance, but doesn't hinder actual progress)

I've enjoyed both games so far. I had something like 60 hours into Ghost Recon. Both studios spent a lot of time researching the time periods/areas where the games are set. Ubisoft had a team in Bolivia for a month or two spread throughout the country learning about the culture/lifestyles/environment and it definitely shows. 2K's take on the south during the 60s is also well done, at times it really makes you think about just exactly how crazy things were doing that time.  

Personally I would say Ghost Recon would be my first choice, but Mafia III wouldn't be a bad choice either.

#47 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

I'm a thirty day elite and I purchased tekken on day one. I qualified for the price March but because I used a reward cert it negated the price match per the rep.

Just a heads up for anyone else who preordered day one. Think this may be the last day

Such a horseshit policy. Also, I've been having problems price adjusting due just to gamers club. They claim it's a bundle item, and the POS won't allow for it. I typically politely bitch until I get a store gift card commensurate with the adjustment amount.

#48 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

Such a horseshit policy. Also, I've been having problems price adjusting due just to gamers club. They claim it's a bundle item, and the POS won't allow for it. I typically politely bitch until I get a store gift card commensurate with the adjustment amount.

I've had issues with GCU and doing a price adjustment before as well. I've also even told them the amount I should be getting back and I've ended up getting more back somehow every time.

#49 Sielanas  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

Since when does a certificate make a difference? Last time it happened to me was Titanfall 2, they credited me the amount just fine.

#50 Indiansfan008   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Indiansfan008

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Yakuza 0 is on sale for 50\40 with GCU. I've got a $10 gift card and a $5 cert so I think I'll bite since I'm tired of waiting on 40/32.

Been waiting for a sale on this and ordered from Amazon last week for $42. Figures it would go on sale.

#51 blackopslady   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

blackopslady

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

Must've been a new CS rep that messed up your adjustments. Although I admit for some reason GCU and certs seem to consistently confuse the system when doing price adjustments. However, if you ask a rep to just return and exchange said game for you, it should work just fine. Sucks that it has to be that way, but it's the easiest way to get what you want without too much of a headache. Even as an employee, I've had to completely return something to a gift card and repurchase it for the lower cost if my employee discount changes on an item.

#52 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2590 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

I've had issues with GCU and doing a price adjustment before as well. I've also even told them the amount I should be getting back and I've ended up getting more back somehow every time.

This... I had this happen this past December during the B2G1 free sale.

I forget what all I got, I think it was Dead Rising 4, COD:IW Legacy, and Dishonored 2.  The original order was $118 and I called them and told the rep the adjusted prices (COD:IW had dropped to $65/52 I believe, DR4 was down to $40/32, and Dishonored was lower than both of those) and how much I should be getting back. I think the adjusted was supposed to end up being all 3 games for roughly $86 and somehow the rep messed it up and I ended up getting all three for $70

#53 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c.../games-evn37320

4th of July sale

#54 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2254 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Been waiting for a sale on this and ordered from Amazon last week for $42. Figures it would go on sale.

Yeah, but not much of a sale.  Still $40 plus tax :(

#55 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

Can easily make your own PS4 Pro deal this weekend at gamestop.... Just saying...

No don't elaborate.

#56 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

So Puyo Puyo definitely comes with a keychain?
Not that I care. but I'm curious

#57 KansasCityKing  

KansasCityKing

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

So Puyo Puyo definitely comes with a keychain?
Not that I care. but I'm curious

If it's the same packaging as release day then yes.  It actually comes with two, one puyo and one tetris.

#58 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

If it's the same packaging as release day then yes.  It actually comes with two, one puyo and one tetris.

It says "Launch Edition" on best buy so i really don't see why it wouldn't come with them

Gonna buy it. I wanted to get it when it was $10 cheaper (well technically $8 cheaper factoring in GCU prices but whatever)

#59 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Tempted on Ghost Recon and Puyo Puyo...

#60 PissDawgs   Balls Deep CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Does the Switch version of Binding of Isaac allow mods? I'm assuming no. Thinking about grabbing that and Puyo Puyo.