* * * * - 3 votes

Gamestop Game Days Sale 7/3-7/16

#91 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

MEA for 20
Borderlands handsome collection for 15

I was waiting for these price points.

I'm just hoping the problem with MEA is that there was no way to live up to the hype

#92 neushane77  

neushane77

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

Thought you meant something else. My b.

No worries...You're good. Can come firm that once you scan the free item then prices move back to $169.99

#93 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Do you guys think Wildlands or Prey is worth 40? RE7 worth 35? I'm really hesitant on RE7 cuz I have heard its very short.

RE7 is as long as the original games/Dino Crisis. So about 8-9 hours if you run through it. If you collect all the stuff though, look for all the guns, notes, etc. it should take you 15 hours.

Also played Outlast and Outlast Whistleblower. Although pretty good, I'm getting a bit tired of the first-person horror genre. Getting way too played out. I would give both a solid 7.5/10. 

Would give RE7 an 8.5/10, maybe even a 9/10. Only take off a bit on the score due to the puzzles being a bit too similar. Great game though, and look forward to future games.

#94 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

GTA V is gold if they offer the $1.25 million in shark cards again. Keep shark cards, then proceed to trade in the game during the next stealth bump. Would advise getting 4 copies if this happens, as you'll essentially get free game money once you trade the game back in, since the game has held it's value for this long and is always good trade fodder to begin with.

Plan on picking up KH 2.8, for honor, and re7 tomorrow for $60. Probably gonna hold on to re7, as I'm still waiting for "Not a Hero" dlc, and just flip the other two games. Best Buy should hopefully be having their 50% trade promo soon.

I just traded GTA V in for 38.5 with the bump, then bought it off the website for 30 with a 1.25 freebie and they sent me a bonus code saying here's a thank you. Made 6.5 credit after tax and got 2.5 in shark cards. Tempted to buy another for just what you said

#95 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   747 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Get 20% off when you buy 2 preowned Wii U games or 30% off when you buy 3 or more preowned Wii U games (7/10-7/23)

--------------------------------------------------------

If I'm doing the math properly, if you get three identically priced games it is the same as the B2G1 Free.  Therefore, if you are only getting multiples of three and they are similarly priced you don't need to wait until July 10th.

3 $45 games with B2G1 = $81 with PUR.        

3 $45 games with 30% off PLUS PUR 10% = $81 (assuming PUR isn't part of 30% & doesn't apply after 1st discount - if not $85.05)

----------------------------------------------------------------

The advantage of waiting until 7/10 is if you are buying at least 3 but not a multiple of 3 (examples: 4, 5) OR you are buying games not similarly priced.

2 $45 games & 1 $30 game with B2G1 = $81 with PUR.

2 $45 games & 1 $30 game with 30% PLUS PUR 10% = $72 (assuming PUR isn't part of 30% & doesn't apply separately - OR $75.60

Doesn't seem there are many scenarios where waiting is worth it unless there is additional stock once this craziness calms down.

#96 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

Picked up Shantea (PS4) Kinda hard to find and Has Been Heroes (SW) Gamestop Exclusive. Will pick up Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons and Shantea (wii U) whenever Amazon price match them all :)

Did Shante come with the soundtrack?

#97 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

Did Shante come with the soundtrack?

If new then yes.

If gamestop 'new' then debatable.

#98 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Tried to get the free copy of GTA V with a PS4 Pro, but it was a no go for anyone curious. Maybe if you bribe a manager with a handy.

#99 Capearican   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Capearican

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Looks like I am going to return the buy 2 get 1 games I got yesterday because MEA was part of it and I paid like $34 for it. I can pick up 3 games new in this sale that I would like better by returning the games I bought yesterday and walk out with a new copy of MEA as part of it.

#100 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Get 20% off when you buy 2 preowned Wii U games or 30% off when you buy 3 or more preowned Wii U games (7/10-7/23)[/size]

--------------------------------------------------------[/size]
If I'm doing the math properly, if you get three identically priced games it is the same as the B2G1 Free.  Therefore, if you are only getting multiples of three and they are similarly priced you don't need to wait until July 10th.[/size]

3 $45 games with B2G1 = $81 with PUR.         [/size]
3 $45 games with 30% off PLUS PUR 10% = $81 (assuming PUR isn't part of 30% & doesn't apply after 1st discount - if not $85.05)[/size]
----------------------------------------------------------------[/size]

The advantage of waiting until 7/10 is if you are buying at least 3 but not a multiple of 3 (examples: 4, 5) OR you are buying games not similarly priced.[/size]

2 $45 games & 1 $30 game with B2G1 = $81 with PUR.
2 $45 games & 1 $30 game with 30% PLUS PUR 10% = $72 (assuming PUR isn't part of 30% & doesn't apply separately - OR $75.60[/size]

Doesn't seem there are many scenarios where waiting is worth it unless there is additional stock once this craziness calms down.[/size]

sounds like a good time to buy xenoblade and Tokyo mirage

#101 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   623 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

What do you think of Guitar Hero Live Ultimate Party Pack?

I have played some of the previous GH; 2,3,A,M,WT. Also Rock Band 1 & 2. Always had more trouble with the wireless and 2 piece guitars.

#102 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9125 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:41 PM

Went to Gamestop to buy a sealed copy of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on PS4 for $20.  I've had that purchase sitting on the back burner for far too long.   I noticed it is selling for $45+ on Amazon so I picked up the gutted shelf copy too.  It's about to become hard to find so better go buy yours now if you want one. 

246a3480-ff4b-4e9f-917b-a28b3dc5414d_zps

#103 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

I splurged and bought Injustice 2 for $39.99.   Also got  Mx vs. ATV Supercross Encore 2017 but I plan to trade that in soon. 

Finally grabbed LBP3, SFV and R&C (B2G1) for a one month rental.  Their values always go up during a stealth bump.  So I expect to break even on them.  

Don't forget to grab a few flyers with the 50% bonus trade in code inside. 

#104 Untamed Sorrow   The Maple Kind ?? CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Untamed Sorrow

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

I've given up on Witcher 3 Complete hitting 20. Never seen a game so stubborn to hit that price.

Try Ebay, that's where I found mine for about $18, it wasn't new tho.

#105 metallicoholic   Metal 'Til I'm 60 CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

metallicoholic

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Here's a tough question: If I have never played a Mass Effect before, is Andromeda worth buying and playing at $20?

#106 edison   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

I just traded GTA V in for 38.5 with the bump, then bought it off the website for 30 with a 1.25 freebie and they sent me a bonus code saying here's a thank you. Made 6.5 credit after tax and got 2.5 in shark cards. Tempted to buy another for just what you said

Where does it state it comes with the free shark card? I see the Xbox One version is $29.99, but no mention of the free shark card.

#107 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2040 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Found a sealed copy of Shantae Half-Genie Hero for Wii U at the Tower City GameStop in Downtown Cleveland. Listened to the soundtrack CD on the way home and it was phenomenal.

#108 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9125 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

Here's a tough question: If I have never played a Mass Effect before, is Andromeda worth buying and playing at $20?

That's not a tough question at all.  Play Mass Effect 1 & 2 in order.   Skip Andromeda unless you've played them all.

#109 letskissthesky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

letskissthesky

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Went to Gamestop to buy a sealed copy of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on PS4 for $20. I've had that purchase sitting on the back burner for far too long. I noticed it is selling for $45+ on Amazon so I picked up the gutted shelf copy too. It's about to become hard to find so better go buy yours now if you want one.

246a3480-ff4b-4e9f-917b-a28b3dc5414d_zps

I grabbed an extra copy of this as well cause it was sealed for the exact same reason. Why the hell not when we're all sitting on mountains of GameStop credit. Mine was on vita though.

#110 themidgardknight   Runner Nerd CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

themidgardknight

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

Overwatch shows online at full price still instead of $40... Anyone confirm if it's this way in store yet? (been at work all day)

Edit: okay works in store at $40. Stupid website was saying $60. My store was down to one copy, which I bought

#111 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

So I noticed the game flipping math posted was wrong but is it still worth it? It looked like Injustice 2 had the highest profit.
Is that worth doing?
Also is the 70% now or later with the flyer?
Sorry for the many questions, I haven't shopped at Gamestop in basically ever. So I'm not used to the regular tricks.
Any info appreciated.

#112 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1079 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

So anyone confirmed if new 3ds xl is $129.99 for a preowned one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#113 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Tried to get the free copy of GTA V with a PS4 Pro, but it was a no go for anyone curious. Maybe if you bribe a manager with a handy.

Back when I bought my pro from gs last year, it came with destiny complete collection or whatever it is called. They tried telling me that the game didn't come with the pro... even though it was in their ad. Not sure what they ended up doing to get it to show up free, but after some coercing they finally tacked the game on. I think in these sort of instances, where there's a free item, you just gotta tell them you want the pro and a new copy GTA V and not say anything about the promo and hope the system just makes the game free.

Asked earlier today if I could use trade credit to get a steam card and was told no... despite getting on Saturday no issues. So employees block sales that would otherwise go through if you bring it to their attention.

#114 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Damn I guess I'll give my GameStop a try. I wanted to upgrade to the pro this 4th but I'll just go to BBY if they won't honor it. Or maybe I'll ask BBY to match?

#115 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

Was that today? I only see the Xbox one version on sale, which is odd, but I might just have to place an order if they're also giving away shark cards again.

#116 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

Try Ebay, that's where I found mine for about $18, it wasn't new tho.

I bought a new copy at Best Buy on a deal of the day a few months back for $20 after GCU. 

Picked up Andromeda after work. Used the $5 in credit I had a Gamestop from taking advantage of the trade promotion and B2G1 free yesterday. Really glad I didn't pick it up at launch and waited for it to hit at least $20. Happy to add it to my backlog since it'll be awhile before we see another Mass Effect game. 

#117 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

I bought a new copy at Best Buy on a deal of the day a few months back for $20 after GCU.

Picked up Andromeda after work. Used the $5 in credit I had a Gamestop from taking advantage of the trade promotion and B2G1 free yesterday. Really glad I didn't pick it up at launch and waited for it to hit at least $20. Happy to add it to my backlog since it'll be awhile before we see another Mass Effect game.

Hopefully we never see another mass effect game. We have 4 ME games, 3 Dragon Age games, 1 knights of the old republic game (from bioware), and 1 Jade empire game. Granted I don't know how that works if Disney owns the rights to star wars, but that leaves either Dragon Age or Jade Empire. Ideally they release a sequel to JE, as there's plenty of games set in medieval times but very few set in early China. Same goes for not caring too much about games set in space as that's being played out, and anthem is probably just gonna be another generic third person online multiplayer game.

#118 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

Hopefully we never see another mass effect game. We have 4 ME games, 3 Dragon Age games, 1 knights of the old republic game (from bioware), and 1 Jade empire game. Granted I don't know how that works if Disney owns the rights to star wars, but that leaves either Dragon Age or Jade Empire. Ideally they release a sequel to JE, as there's plenty of games set in medieval times but very few set in early China. Same goes for not caring too much about games set in space as that's being played out, and anthem is probably just gonna be another generic third person online multiplayer game.

We will definitely see another Mass Effect game. I expect the series to reemerge in a few years with a fresh reboot of sorts. The series is just way too popular despite the reception of Andromeda. I agree that we don't really need another ME game, but this is EA we are talking about here and they love milking their cash cows dry. I would love to see Jade Empire make a comeback though as you are right we do not get games in that setting often at all. I don't know if Bioware owns the Jade Empire IP though, I know Microsoft published it, but am unsure who owns the rights now. 

#119 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

Where does it state it comes with the free shark card? I see the Xbox One version is $29.99, but no mention of the free shark card.

It was listed as just GTA V and then there was a 2nd version that said with the digital card. Checking the site today, that version is gone :(

#120 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:19 AM

Back when I bought my pro from gs last year, it came with destiny complete collection or whatever it is called. They tried telling me that the game didn't come with the pro... even though it was in their ad. Not sure what they ended up doing to get it to show up free, but after some coercing they finally tacked the game on. I think in these sort of instances, where there's a free item, you just gotta tell them you want the pro and a new copy GTA V and not say anything about the promo and hope the system just makes the game free.

Asked earlier today if I could use trade credit to get a steam card and was told no... despite getting on Saturday no issues. So employees block sales that would otherwise go through if you bring it to their attention.

To answer questions, yeah I tried this morning. Had the manager scan the pro and the copy of the GTA V but the promo didn't go through. Didn't seem like they were willing to give me the game through an override either. Told them nevermind. Thinking about trying at another place tomorrow but idk.