- - - - -

Physical $10 Best Buy GC with Agents of Mayhem preorders

#1 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

Unlike the usual reward certificate bonuses, bestbuy.com is mailing physical gift cards for preorders of Agents of Mayhem.  Shipping is required; you can use in-store pickup on the game, but the GC requires a mailing address.

I was surprised that the gift card was mailed off immediately, even though Agents of Mayhem doesn't come out for another month and change.  (I pre-ordered on Sunday and had a tracking number for the GC on Monday.)  The great thing here is that the GC doesn't expire, and there's not a brief delay like there is for reward certificates to be added to your account.  

Be nice!  Don't exploit.

#2 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

:ps4: PS4
:xb1: Xbox One

Unlike the usual reward certificate bonuses, bestbuy.com is mailing physical gift cards for preorders of Agents of Mayhem. Shipping is required; you can use in-store pickup on the game, but the GC requires a mailing address.

I was surprised that the gift card was mailed off immediately, even though Agents of Mayhem doesn't come out for another month and change. (I pre-ordered on Sunday and had a tracking number for the GC on Monday.) The great thing here is that the GC doesn't expire, and there's not a brief delay like there is for reward certificates to be added to your account.

Be nice! Don't exploit.

They do this so that if you cancel your pre-order you'll still be charged $10 for the gift card
Using Tapatalk

#3 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

This game just has "dropping to $20 on black friday" all over it.  Its single player (maybe co-op?) too which is just weird for a game that looks like overwatch / battleborn / etc

#4 blackopslady   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

blackopslady

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

$10 certificates are better value, though, imo. Since it takes $10 off subtotal, you also get to skip the taxes on that $10 (if your state charges sales tax)

#5 dennisb407   Banned CAGiversary!   4919 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

$10 certificates are better value, though, imo. Since it takes $10 off subtotal, you also get to skip the taxes on that $10 (if your state charges sales tax)

Certificates once earned have a time limit to redeem them, the gift cards dont

You will have excuse Six Min Whistle for missing your post about the Movie Pass. He has been very, very concerned about Conan's penis lately.

#6 shosaisyu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Best buy offers the gift card on games that tend to be garbage.

I expect this to be in the battleborn bargain bin quickly enough I won't need to buy it at 30, i'll wait until 15, lol.

#7 skrockij89  

skrockij89

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Didn't they offer the same deal when Xcom 2 came out? 

#8 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

This game just has "dropping to $20 on black friday" all over it.  Its single player (maybe co-op?) too which is just weird for a game that looks like overwatch / battleborn / etc

Yeah.  (...and it's completely single player.  No co-op.)  Hardly anyone even seems to be talking about it on the forums I read, and when they do, it's mostly to take a jab at Crackdown 3 looking even worse.  :p  A bunch of the E3 hands-on previews seemed positive, though, and I'm enough of a sucker for the Saints Row franchise to be onboard anyway.  But, absolutely, I'm expecting the price to plummet the same way Dead Rising 4 did in December.

#9 Muintir   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

They do this so that if you cancel your pre-order you'll still be charged $10 for the gift card

those sneaky bastards

#10 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Remember that Homefront the revolution had this, it hit the $9.99 price point at some sales a few months after release 

#11 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

I've been interested in this game for a while now, but I've been debating either pre-ordering from Gamestop to get the Johnny Gat pre-order bonus, or just waiting a couple of months for the price to drop during some sale. But with this, I'm open to pre-ordering if Best Buy has another VC offer in the next month.

#12 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Remember that Homefront the revolution had this, it hit the $9.99 price point at some sales a few months after release 

That was definitely my biggest gaming regret last year. Not only could I have waited for the price to drop and saved some money, but I would have also saved so much time since that game was broken as hell at launch.

#13 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10324 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

those sneaky bastards

Nothing sneaky about it.  Sneaky would be trying to get a free $10 gift card without paying anything.

#14 blackopslady   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

blackopslady

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

Certificates once earned have a time limit to redeem them, the gift cards dont

True, but it's also not hard to find something to spend a $10 certificate on really quick. Even if you don't particularly want any of the products sold in Best Buy, you can always buy a gas card, movie card, restaurant card, etc with one. That's how I typically use mine that way anyway.