* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#271 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

Someone here said you can buy BB gift cards at Safeway?

Yes you can. Just depends on the Jr. Detective you get at Safeway. There is no register block on buying other GCs.

#272 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Yes you can. Just depends on the Jr. Detective you get at Safeway. There is no register block on buying other GCs.

Mine is a Randalls (part of Safeway). I don't see how any grocery guy will give a crap.

#273 Police Chief  

Police Chief

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

Is Safeway a region exclusive store or something? Never heard of it on the east coast.

#274 iHero   Your Hero CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

i know a few people were wondering what the Playstation E3 Live Experience gift codes were. They were just sent out:

• DREADNOUGHT FLEET PACK
  • LET IT DIE AVATAR PACK
  • STAR TREK BRIDGE CREW ENTERPRISE AVATAR
  • MATTERFALL AVALON DARROW E3 AVATAR
  • MLB THE SHOW 2017 E3 EXCLUSIVE PACK
  • MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD AVATARS HUNTER & RATHALO
  • MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD THEME
  • $15 PlayStation™Store Credit
  • PARAGON FIREWALL GRIM.EXE SKIN
  • LAWBREAKERS: RISE OF FALL DYNAMIC THEME
  • 25% Off Playstation Gear Merchandise

#275 rentacop   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

rentacop

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

I am firmly in the camp of the Pro not being worth the extra money.

It's larger, louder, and looks fucking ugly.

The difference in games is negligible unless you're on a 4K TV that supports proper HDR. 

I really don't get how it has so many diehard fans.  BF1 was the only game I played where it was pretty obvious they designed it for the Pro and made some significant sacrifices to have it run (poorly) on the OG/Slim.  For me to upgrade it'd probably cost $200 at least as well as the hassle of selling my launch system.  Outside of that 1 game every comparison video or screenshot has looked the same to me.  Especially not having a 4k tv I just don't see the point in upgrading.

#276 phoenixfre  

phoenixfre

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Reddit is fine because all of the employees love to label with flair/out themselves. Any good vetting process will show that they're an employee.

Well, I thought that Reddit people in general were less informed and more likely to spread/abuse information. And that this was supposed to be a CAG only thing.

Wonder what this vetting process involves. But it seems to take a long time... maybe he should make someone a mod.

Mine is a Randalls (part of Safeway). I don't see how any grocery guy will give a crap.

I don't know why GameStop employees care either. But some seem to. If your performance is based on pre-owned sales and trades, why would you willingly turn those down for no good reason?

#277 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

Wait...schools nowadays have video game clubs?

giphy.gif

#278 Armyofjuans  

Armyofjuans

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

This is great. I've used self check out at similar stores without GC blocks with great success. Nice. Amazon sells Safeway gift cards. This could be a good converter of Amazon to BB.

#279 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

Well, I thought that Reddit people in general were less informed. And that this was supposed to be a CAG only thing.

Wonder what this vetting process involves. But it seems to take a long time... maybe he should make someone a mod.

I don't know why GameStop employees care either. But some seem to. If your performance is based on pre-owned sales and trades, why would you willingly turn those down for no good reason?

I don't think he's sending it out to people on Reddit, just to use as an alternative account for vetting processes. Anyone who is requesting to join the server saw it here on CAG.

I can see LP and higher ups telling their employees about the exploit. I don't really see grocery stores caring as much.

#280 Potatoeman  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

i know a few people were wondering what the Playstation E3 Live Experience gift codes were. They were just sent out:

• DREADNOUGHT FLEET PACK
  • LET IT DIE AVATAR PACK
  • STAR TREK BRIDGE CREW ENTERPRISE AVATAR
  • MATTERFALL AVALON DARROW E3 AVATAR
  • MLB THE SHOW 2017 E3 EXCLUSIVE PACK
  • MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD AVATARS HUNTER & RATHALO
  • MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD THEME
  • $15 PlayStation™Store Credit
  • PARAGON FIREWALL GRIM.EXE SKIN
  • LAWBREAKERS: RISE OF FALL DYNAMIC THEME
  • 25% Off Playstation Gear Merchandise

I just received my codes if anyone wants anything besides the Monster Hunter and PSN credit. Most of them are split up into individual codes, just PM me.

#281 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:13 PM

Is Safeway a region exclusive store or something? Never heard of it on the east coast.

Where you at, they're in Florida. They bought out Albertsons

#282 Dashey10  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

Wait...schools nowadays have video game clubs?

giphy.gif

Yup. I was the treasurer back in high school for a gaming club.

And now I'm the vice president for the gaming/otaku club at my college.

#283 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

For anyone that ordered games online as part of the B2G1 Free sale. For two of my orders I just got shipment confirmation although the shipment emails both only mention 2 out of the 3 games ordered in each transaction? Is this typical?

I saw 2 out of 3 ship on some of my hardware ordered over the weekend.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#284 ZeroGame   zero game all luck CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

I just feel bad I missed out on a iPhone 7. I didn't have the foresight to grab one at all during the B2G1.

Same boat over here. Didn't see the big picture :(

#285 phoenixfre  

phoenixfre

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

I don't think he's sending it out to people on Reddit, just to use as an alternative account for vetting processes. Anyone who is requesting to join the server saw it here on CAG.

I see at least one accepted member whom I have never seen post here and a lot on the supposedly not-accepted-yet list that I don't recognize. Wonder why it is not showing him (Grosbard) on the Member list and/or without a Role.

#286 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

Buy the game along with it and save an extra $15. 

I was gonna buy the game and guide at gamestop but when I was doing my trades over the weekend I asked if they were getting/taking preorders on the steelbook edition of the game and they said no so I preordered the steelbook edition from Best Buy but now seeing that I can get the game and the guide with the coupon for 55 bucks plus tax....I may just have to pass on the steelbook.

#287 Police Chief  

Police Chief

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Where you at, they're in Florida. They bought out Albertsons

SC

#288 WarrioGamer  

WarrioGamer

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:07 AM

Everyone buy injustice 2

#289 MRW2276   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   644 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

Yup. I was the treasurer back in high school for a gaming club.

And now I'm the vice president for the gaming/otaku club at my college.

Christ the Chess club was pushing it back in the day as legit. Our school made you join a club. So pick up garbage in the environmental club or sit on your ass playing chess. Might of explained why the football team was so into chess that year.;-)

#290 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

Gamestop called me 2 times and from a store that I have no pre orders or anything. I did go early morning cuz I thought I put a hold on a pre owned crash bandicoot turns it was new but other then that no clue didn't bother answering tho lmao.

#291 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

Gamestop called me 2 times and from a store that I have no pre orders or anything. I did go early morning cuz I thought I put a hold on a pre owned crash bandicoot turns it was new but other then that no clue didn't bother answering tho lmao.

You won the $100 gift card for filling out a survey!!

#292 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

Uh oh. Looks like they put out an A.P.P. on you! 😂

#293 iHero   Your Hero CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

when do the current certificates expire when you redeem them now? wanna cash out points because employees are noticing the 100k+.

#294 Moxieman  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:50 AM

when do the current certificates expire when you redeem them now? wanna cash out points because employees are noticing the 100k+.

The one I have from last month goes to 9/29

#295 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11629 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:00 AM

- Buy both FF XII Zodiac Age and the Limited Edition strategy guide, save $15.

- Use the strategy guide rewards coupon to save an additional $20 (11,250 points)

- Chnandler_bong mentioned saving 10% by adding them together in the online cart. Maybe it will work in store? 

This is probably the best way to save the most money.

That 10% is apparently if you are PUR Pro.  I so rarely by OSG's from GS that I had no idea about that.  When I go to pick up my copy of the game I'm going to ask if all this shiz will stack:

$15 off

10% off (these two already stack)

$20 off (this is the wildcard but I'm betting it will stack)

#296 style_unseen   Keep your hopes up high. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

style_unseen

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

Can you use safeway gift cards at Albertsons and Vons to buy other gift cards (BB gift cards specifically)? Just wanna make sure before I place an order for Safeway. I live in NV. 

#297 Shanersedict  

Shanersedict

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:16 AM

Unless your doing some super shady business and want to lay low who cares what the employees notice and save the points til Cyber Monday. 

#298 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

For anyone who is holding off on getting a 4k tv I highly recommended you take a look at the TCL 55" P605/607(best buy/amazon).

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5878705

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y6FSV5Q

The viewing angles suck and there are some backlighting issues but it is by far the best value HDR 4k set out there. A friend of mine got one and for the money it can't be beat. I keep a 50" tv next to my computer desk for my xbox one s and will be upgrading that for one of these. 

There is a good neogaf thread on this TV, everyone seems to be saying its a pretty good deal especially at $599

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1397451

OLED (LG) or QLED (Samsung) would still be better of course but those are looking at a price point of 3-4x this TV for 55".  2018 TV models introduced at CES next year should include VRR (variable refresh rate) aka gsync/freesync for TVs and HDMI 2.1 but thats a good 9-18 months away realistically.

#299 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Do retro games work for the 70% promo. Got some old NES and SNES games that deserve to go to Gamestop hell.

#300 esalw822  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

You won the $100 gift card for filling out a survey!!

An independent company contracted by GS emails you if you win one of those surveys.  

The phone calls are still a trap!!   :lol: