* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#601 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

There is an amount limit. Did you use your procard when buying?

No way

#602 zsf001  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

This has happened to me at least 6 times in the past 6 months. Luckily, I've learned and usually don't even get out of the store before I check the cases and go back and have them dig the game out.

It's becoming way too common.

Between this and used game purchases looking like they were stepped on before they put them in the sleeve for you...I have been burned by not checking the disks and complaining on the spot if they look like they could incur a refurb fee.  Highly recommend you check every game purchase at the store because of this...getting hit with a refurb fee knowing you just bought the damn game from another GS is frustrating (learned my lesson the hard way).

#603 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5885 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

I got dragon quest VII instead of VIII and paper mario sticker star instead of paper jam.
I didn't realize until I was trading them in and the lady noticed. I just acted like I was bad at putting my games back in cases but I was upset inside. Now I check before I leave the store.

Wait, so your game was traded in as DQVII, right? I was also given VII instead of VIII, and there was at least one more person here it happened to. I tried to get it exchanged but they insisted they gave me the right game all along. I would have been pissed if I wasn't enjoying the game.

#604 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone tried to use a GS.com reward cert recently? Two days ago, it generated one that said it expired on 4/30/17 and I couldn't check out with it. I called CS and they gave me my points back to get a new coupon and then they ended the phone call. I proceeded to redeem for a new coupon... which also expired on 4/30/17.

#605 Dashey10  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:43 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone tried to use a GS.com reward cert recently? Two days ago, it generated one that said it expired on 4/30/17 and I couldn't check out with it. I called CS and they gave me my points back to get a new coupon and then they ended the phone call. I proceeded to redeem for a new coupon... which also expired on 4/30/17.

I used one today and it worked.

#606 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

I used one today and it worked.

A cert for gamestop.com, not an in-store cert?

#607 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

Between this and used game purchases looking like they were stepped on before they put them in the sleeve for you...I have been burned by not checking the disks and complaining on the spot if they look like they could incur a refurb fee. Highly recommend you check every game purchase at the store because of this...getting hit with a refurb fee knowing you just bought the damn game from another GS is frustrating (learned my lesson the hard way).

When I was buying my 'rangs last Friday, the clerk seemed like he knew that he didn't put my copy of 1-2 Switch into the case.

I didn't make anything out of it, but his reaction to me coming back into the store was more than off putting imho.

#608 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

Wait, so your game was traded in as DQVII, right? I was also given VII instead of VIII, and there was at least one more person here it happened to. I tried to get it exchanged but they insisted they gave me the right game all along. I would have been pissed if I wasn't enjoying the game.

I just accepted the loss instead of driving back. She did me a solid and scanned Kirby planet robobot twice so I was happy (this was on accident of course).

#609 Jrep37  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

It was me. He swapped it out though.

#610 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:54 AM

I used one during the price glitch a month ago to get ME:A free and it worked.But mine expired June 16th

#611 Ajdhfh  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:57 AM

When I was buying my 'rangs last Friday, the clerk seemed like he knew that he didn't put my copy of 1-2 Switch into the case.

I didn't make anything out of it, but his reaction to me coming back into the store was more than off putting imho.

Had that happen with me as well with Disgaea. Clerk's reaction was annoyed. 

#612 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:13 AM

I used one during the price glitch a month ago to get ME:A free and it worked.But mine expired June 16th

Interesting. I'll call CS again tomorrow. I take it you used a $10 cert and not a $25 one?

#613 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:18 AM

If you preorder Shadow of War in-store, do you get the hammer bottle opener immediately, or is it on pickup?

#614 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

This happened to me with the same game a few days ago. I was doing the b2g1 and the girl who is a manager "forgot" to put it in the bag. I came back inside the store, dumped all the games out of my bag and told her you forgot my free game. Her fake ass tried to act clueless but then immediately turned around picked up the game and handed it me. 

#615 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:23 AM

Had that happen with me as well with Disgaea. Clerk's reaction was annoyed. 

Another expensive game that did well with the added bonus with b2g1. People can't tell me they aren't doing this on purpose. 

#616 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

This happened to me with the same game a few days ago. I was doing the b2g1 and the girl who is a manager "forgot" to put it in the bag. I came back inside the store, dumped all the games out of my bag and told her you forgot my free game. Her fake ass tried to act clueless but then immediately turned around picked up the game and handed it me.

Definitely a trash dump.

You should always be able to win this argument by asking them to compare their physical stock to the computers inventory numbers.

If they have any issues with that idea just tell them POS or GTFO

#617 Dashey10  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:35 AM

A cert for gamestop.com, not an in-store cert?

Wasn't an in store cert.

#618 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

Just a heads up you can't get a gift card at Vons with a Vons Gift Card.

Does anyone know if you can pay for the PayPal digital gift cards with an EBay gift card?

#619 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Does anyone know if you can pay for the PayPal digital gift cards with an EBay gift card?

Damn it :/ that was my only hope. Was it Vons or safeway?

#620 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2596 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

Not anymore

#621 ssjr760   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:52 AM

Really? Do you know what the associate had to do?

I bought it yesterday and it's installing right now but I'm not above going in tomorrow and requesting devil magic.

I know he input a code. It came up on the reciept as backup code injustice 2 bonus. Has i believe a sku 131174

#622 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:56 AM

Uh oh. Looks like they put out an A.P.P. on you! 😂

Turns out they called me because they found my pre owned copy of crash bandicoot so I'm good lol

#623 sqfuzzy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

I actually ran into a GS employee in a store about 30 mins from me whom was rather upset with his fellow employees for taking in scratched discs. It was nice to deal with a employee passionate about doing his job correctly and not being an ass-hat. 

After working in a pawn shop for a year I check every disc. You can never be sure, not even with a br disc.

#624 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

What seriously? I assumed that $209 was the price before the discount. Are you telling me that GameStop is selling a used console without a game for $20 less than a new console. Effin GameStop man

$210 is the price before the $20 off. That's how it worked locally at least. It didn't ring up the $20 off automatically though, they did a manual adjustment to get to $190.

#625 phoenixfre  

phoenixfre

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

Definitely a trash dump.

You should always be able to win this argument by asking them to compare their physical stock to the computers inventory numbers.

If they have any issues with that idea just tell them POS or GTFO

There may be a problem if they never had the missing game in the first place. I've had that happen a bunch of times, that they have the case, but somehow they don't have the game. Or they have the wrong game labeled. Probably due to all the mistakes, such as ringing up doubles and etc.

#626 Duplicated  

Duplicated

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:32 AM

I just want to double check with you guys again, just in case I misread the T&C:

For either type of reward certs available in the rewards center, they can't be used on something like BotW Expansion Pass since it counts as a digital content, right?

#627 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:52 AM

Interesting. I'll call CS again tomorrow. I take it you used a $10 cert and not a $25 one?

No a $25 one since it glitched the price to $24.99 that day.

#628 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

I just want to double check with you guys again, just in case I misread the T&C:

For either type of reward certs available in the rewards center, they can't be used on something like BotW Expansion Pass since it counts as a digital content, right?

Nope, certs cant be used on any digital content.

#629 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

Another expensive game that did well with the added bonus with b2g1. People can't tell me they aren't doing this on purpose. 

Gamestop employees are just often legitimately incompetent, this type of thing happens frequently. As employees, they don't benefit at all by doing this, it actually looks really bad on them. They were probably just looking upset because they expected it to mean a lecture later.

#630 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:12 AM

Damn just got shut down on an attempt to get a GameStop gift card :(