* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#811 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

I was vacationing in the middle of nowhere until yesterday and missed flip-a-geddon. Have some backlog games I know I'll never reach and would like to unload, but I need a filler or two to trigger the 60% bonus. Is there any break even stuff at Best Buy or Target that wouldn't have been picked clean last week? *sigh*

If there is its likely going to be previous gen stuff. (360/PS3 etc.)

#812 Flux1  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

Is there any break even stuff at Best Buy or Target that wouldn't have been picked clean last week? *sigh*

If there happens to be any copies of Garden Warfare 2 left they still fetch $22.10 trade in credit with the max bonus plus PUR.

#813 BlanketFort  

BlanketFort

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

I was vacationing in the middle of nowhere until yesterday and missed flip-a-geddon. Have some backlog games I know I'll never reach and would like to unload, but I need a filler or two to trigger the 60% bonus. Is there any break even stuff at Best Buy or Target that wouldn't have been picked clean last week? *sigh*

Break even with Starblood Arena.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#814 fodawim   Banned Banned   67 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

fodawim

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

UFC 2 on Xbox one is $20 at GS and trades in for $20.40. Probably a few more like that due to the Game Days sale.

#815 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

If anyone trades in retro games, be aware that Genesis games may not work for the 70% for whatever reason. Traded in 9 retro games, they all got the bonus except for the lone Genesis one.

#816 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

Can they refuse a trade? Not recently, but about to months ago they wouldn't even let me trade in Spider-Man for ps1. I asked at 2 separate stores and they both said no. I think the trade value was like $1 or something, but I just wanted to get rid of the game.

#817 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6694 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

Can they refuse a trade? Not recently, but about to months ago they wouldn't even let me trade in Spider-Man for ps1. I asked at 2 separate stores and they both said no. I think the trade value was like $1 or something, but I just wanted to get rid of the game.

Fine print says they can refuse any trade for any reason - that is odd, though. I've never had a trade/item rejected, whether it was $0.05 or $50.

#818 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

Fine print says they can refuse any trade for any reason - that is odd, though. I've never had a trade/item rejected, whether it was $0.05 or $50.

I've only been denied if a disc was cracked which only happened once or twice. 

#819 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4043 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

It is one of those discs with the black back, and the fine scratches are pretty obvious, but they didn't even see those and just saw it was PS1 game and said no. Didn't feel like arguing, but for a freaking $1 or whatever the trade in value was, you would think they wouldn't care and would just take it. I guess it's less work saying no then accepting it and having to print a sticker for it, ship it back to the warehouse, etc.

#820 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

It is one of those discs with the black back, and the fine scratches are pretty obvious, but they didn't even see those and just saw it was PS1 game and said no. Didn't feel like arguing, but for a freaking $1 or whatever the trade in value was, you would think they wouldn't care and would just take it. I guess it's less work saying no then accepting it and having to print a sticker for it, ship it back to the warehouse, etc.

Maybe your store wasn't taking retro games at that point?

#821 fodawim   Banned Banned   67 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

fodawim

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:29 AM

Maybe your store wasn't taking retro games at that point?

I had a GS refuse to take a few different Xbox 360 games that were ~$1 each, "Because the store won't make money."

#822 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1725 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

If anyone trades in retro games, be aware that Genesis games may not work for the 70% for whatever reason. Traded in 9 retro games, they all got the bonus except for the lone Genesis one.

I found this out the hard way when I traded in 5 Genesis games along with the system and a couple of PS4 games. The PS4 games got the 30% boost and that was it.

#823 style_unseen   Keep your hopes up high. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

style_unseen

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:47 AM

Do reward certificates stack?

#824 GCU2015  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

I know the reward certificate for pre-owned can be stacked by using one of each at the same time: $25, $15 and $10.  But I don't know about the reward certificate for new products, do they stack the same way such as a $50 and a $25 in one transaction?

Nvm, I just read the footnote that says "Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations."  So the reward certificate for new product can be stacked the same way as the pre-owned certificate.

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like Yes to me.

#825 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

Yes. But YMMV on how many the employee will let you use on one item. Most have let me use 3 or 4 as long as they are all different. But once or twice, I was told I needed to buy as many items as I was using certificates.

#826 evanjavo  

evanjavo

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

I'm a bit late to this but for the extra $20 trade credit for any phone, tablet, etc, it says coupon required at time of purchase. What's that mean? What coupon?

#827 style_unseen   Keep your hopes up high. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

style_unseen

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

I know the reward certificate for pre-owned can be stacked by using one of each at the same time: $25, $15 and $10.  But I don't know about the reward certificate for new products, do they stack the same way such as a $50 and a $25 in one transaction?

Nvm, I just read the footnote that says "Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations."  So the reward certificate for new product can be stacked the same way as the pre-owned certificate.

I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like Yes to me.

Thanks! 

#828 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

Has anyone ever been able to get the store to sell them a used game at the new price? I want to buy something and of course they have zero new copies.

#829 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8281 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

Is there any good household solution other than Goo Gone to get the "new" seal sticker residue off of GS games?

Move the paper cover insert to a better/clean case and trade that crappy case in next time you trade?  I have done that a few times in the past.

#830 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8281 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

Well, I pulled out my PS Vita, reset it to factory settings, plus found 3 memory cards and accessory cords so I can head off to GS this wknd to trade in the system/etc and get a little something for it all. This thing has been with me across 2500 miles and 6 states.  =;

Did you get a chance to trade yours?  I am thinking if I can make it tomorrow I will unload my Vita too.  I really don't use it.  Did you reset it before or during the trade?  I can't remember if you can remove this from your PSN account via the web page or not?

If I can make it tomorrow before they close I might.  If not hope for another $100 TIV later.  Charged it up this afternoon but was too busy to get out the door.

#831 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Has anyone ever been able to get the store to sell them a used game at the new price? I want to buy something and of course they have zero new copies.

They won't do it.

#832 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:01 AM

I had a store the other day convert a new copy to used. They left it sealed and all. I was pretty surprised about that O.o Then again it was the store that all of the trade in values were wrong and I got like $150 less than I should have. I guess it evened out.

#833 ironmenpb   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:03 AM

check your local walmart and see what clearance games they have. i found a few that made me a couple extra dollars.

#834 I Am A Bicycle  

I Am A Bicycle

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:21 AM

Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II Plus - The rarer version with DLC (GCN)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN)
Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Let me know if you want any of those!

EDIT: Posted here in case anyone else was interested and Liquid is not!

you are buying or selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#835 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4492 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:08 AM

I bought an EA Access sub about 6 months ago but they had to look it up in their system. The code prints out on the receipt just like when you buy DLC or a season pass. I paid with TIC. No questions asked.

ditto. I've never seen a card in the store but they can print a code on the receipt. Employees may not know they sell it so you might have to coach them through it.

#836 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

Welcome back mole

#837 sqfuzzy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:20 AM

Seriously people, goo gone for stickers and a dry erase marker for removing permanent marker. All you will ever need.

Spray goo gone on the sticker glue and let it sit about 5 minutes and it will wipe away.

Write over permanent market with a dry erase marker then wipe it away immediately.

I swear by it.

Thanks for this! I'll definitely try the dry erase marker!

#838 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

I've been denied trading in only once because I "Forgot" to bring in the games I had in the "Back". I was with my cousin that time 2 Hispanics walking with a couple of games lol. She said "i feel uncomfortable taking in your trades" so we took our business elsewhere luckily tho this was out of town ha.

#839 Cygnus X-1  

Cygnus X-1

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

Has anyone been denied using trade credit for gift cards? I casually asked a worker if trade credit worked on amazon or ebay credit (I am certain it doesn't), but he said that credit no longer works for ANY gift cards. I am pretty sure he is wrong, but there weren't any cards I wanted atm so I just shrugged and left. Anyone bought southwest or stubhub with trade cred recently?

#840 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6694 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:30 AM

Has anyone been denied using trade credit for gift cards? I casually asked a worker if trade credit worked on amazon or ebay credit (I am certain it doesn't), but he said that credit no longer works for ANY gift cards. I am pretty sure he is wrong, but there weren't any cards I wanted atm so I just shrugged and left. Anyone bought southwest or stubhub with trade cred recently?

It works on many GCs; just not Visa/Amex, Amazon, Gas, eBay.

I'm almost certain it works on SW. Not sure about Stubhub