* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#61 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Is $50 off a MSI Trident 3 a decent deal?

Been looking to upgrade to a PC, though I would prefer a laptop. The MSI laptop promotion isn't a good deal.

Do you need to do a lot of gaming on the go? If not, I would suggest building your own desktop PC and buy a cheap laptop if you are using it for more simple things (internet browsing, watching videos, etc.). Gaming laptops can be expensive, and they aren't as easy to upgrade as desktops.

#62 Grosbard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Grosbard

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Is $50 off a MSI Trident 3 a decent deal?

Been looking to upgrade to a PC, though I would prefer a laptop. The MSI laptop promotion isn't a good deal.

I mean, if you have gs credit you don't want to use for anything else that's cool but generally speaking it's significantly better to just build a pc for gaming and it's also better to not go the gaming laptop route.

#63 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

I have sheet access but can't find the chat section.

Please inform?

Hit esc if your on a desktop machine

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

I mean, if you have gs credit you don't want to use for anything else that's cool but generally speaking it's significantly better to just build a pc for gaming and it's also better to not go the gaming laptop route.

They are better than they used to be though. Still a desktop is better.

Especially at 1080p we're at a point where a $200 graphics card and a $500 graphics card are going to turn out very similar results at 1080p on almost all modern games.

Until a new console generation starts don't expect huge leaps ahead in performance requirements for most pc games.

Guest_Virtua_*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

Does anyone know what to do when you can't redeem rewards points on the app anymore?

It prompts to enter your email, and then throws an error when you order anything. It works on the mobile site, just not the app.

#66 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

Be sure to check the MS Store's prices too. You can convert your GS credit to Xbox credit which you can use there.

#67 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

Found this classic and it was only started yesterday lol

https://www.gamefaqs...tion-4/75528074

That's why I never worry about "OMG the deeelz ended forevahzzz"... Most people are too stupid to figure this shit out. All the stupid fuckers that grabbed huge stacks of the same game in this deal got turned down or banned. The steady stream of deals will go on undeterred - just like it has for the previous decade...

#68 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

Be sure to check the MS Store's prices too. You can convert your GS credit to Xbox credit which you can use there.

Up to 1K in a transaction.

#69 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

That's why I never worry about "OMG the deeelz ended forevahzzz"... Most people are too stupid to figure this shit out. All the stupid fuckers that grabbed huge stacks of the same game in this deal got turned down or banned. The steady stream of deals will go on undeterred - just like it has for the previous decade...

These stupid people only put the employees on notice that something sketchy is going on. Maybe the deal exists but what good does it do me if every store around me is aware and will deny me?

The publicity this deal got was horrible because the more public it got, the more stupid people came out the woodwork. I had to add an employee to my "do not interact with" list because some idiot came in and traded $800 worth of games and then spent it all on more flips.

#70 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3327 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Not to derail the OT conversations about last week's deals, but I am tempted by Star Trek Bridge Crew, having picked up a PSVR this weekend. Has anyone played it?

#71 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Does anyone know what to do when you can't redeem rewards points on the app anymore?

It prompts to enter your email, and then throws an error when you order anything. It works on the mobile site, just not the app.

I've had the same issue for as long as I can remember. It always shows up in the active offers on the app right after I place the order on the mobile site, though.

#72 Bocomac   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

Anyone wake up to any additional points? There was an extra 10,000 added to my account and no activity to justify it

#73 Unsocial Worker   Banned Banned   102 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Anyone wake up to any additional points? There was an extra 10,000 added to my account and no activity to justify it

Maybe they are sending you mine I am still waiting on from Monday???

#74 Wickedgamer1  

Wickedgamer1

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Anyone know when the 50% trade bonus in the ad is good for? I've seen it mentioned a few times but without details.

I grabbed a few flyers just incase. it's good from 7/24 to 8/6

#75 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Not to derail the OT conversations about last week's deals, but I am tempted by Star Trek Bridge Crew, having picked up a PSVR this weekend. Has anyone played it?

I think this should help you make your decision.

https://youtu.be/YV9rI0kU3m8

#76 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Not me. I have the same points that I had two days ago.

#77 srac84  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

man when will gravity rush 2 or persona 5 go on sale

#78 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

c14527c13c.png

Ron Jeremy's nickname is "The Hedgehog. " So this logic totally makes sense.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#79 Grosbard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Grosbard

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

man when will gravity rush 2 or persona 5 go on sale

A couple of days ago :)

I have the same amount of points as well. 

#80 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

These stupid people only put the employees on notice that something sketchy is going on. Maybe the deal exists but what good does it do me if every store around me is aware and will deny me?
The publicity this deal got was horrible because the more public it got, the more stupid people came out the woodwork. I had to add an employee to my "do not interact with" list because some idiot came in and traded $800 worth of games and then spent it all on more flips.

I was at my regular GS and witnessed something like this. A guy traded in probably a little under 20 games, the very obvious PVZ2, ASM2, etc for both systems. The people that work there are cool and didn't turn down the trade. As soon as he got his trade card he tells his female companion "Now we just buy the same games off the shelf with this and go to the one down the street". The employee looked at me and rolled her eyes.

#81 shady520   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

GAF loves to act like enlightened high society pricks

They have sucked for a long time and just recently tried to cover up for one of their pedo mods. 

#82 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3575 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

I was at my regular GS and witnessed something like this. A guy traded in probably a little under 20 games, the very obvious PVZ2, ASM2, etc for both systems. The people that work there are cool and didn't turn down the trade. As soon as he got his trade card he tells his female companion "Now we just buy the same games off the shelf with this and go to the one down the street". The employee looked at me and rolled her eyes.

Somewhat related to this.   I have to ask.  Was there a CAG in the eastern PA area this weekend that came over to the PS4 area and started chatting with a guy (in his 40's) and his 10 year old son about what games were appropriate for a 10 year old?  

There have been so many times that guys have jokingly referred to a secret handshake but this was the first time I ever wished we had one (or a code word) because the way the guy was looking at my games and then looking back at his phone I was convinced that he was a CAG.   What convinced me was that he never came out and did anything obvious and never said anything out loud like the guy in Nightcrawler's anecdote.

EDIT:  And I reiterate my point that it was an obvious rookie mistake to focus on PvZ and Spiderman when there were so many easy and non-conspicuous boomerangs available.

And one other question:  How do we search (in lieu of control F) on the sheets app?   TIA.

#83 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

So the BOGO shirt deal ended?

I was planning to go today and buy some.

#84 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

And one other question: How do we search (in lieu of control F) on the sheets app? TIA.

There's a find feature in the hamburger menu.

#85 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4111 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

Somewhat related to this. I have to ask. Was there a CAG in the eastern PA area this weekend that came over to the PS4 area and started chatting with a guy (in his 40's) and his 10 year old son about what games were appropriate for a 10 year old?

There have been so many times that guys have jokingly referred to a secret handshake but this was the first time I ever wished we had one (or a code word) because the way the guy was looking at my games and then looking back at his phone I was convinced that he was a CAG. What convinced me was that he never came out and did anything obvious and never said anything out loud like the guy in Nightcrawler's anecdote.

EDIT: And I reiterate my point that it was an obvious rookie mistake to focus on PvZ and Spiderman when there were so many easy and non-conspicuous boomerangs available.

And one other question: How do we search (in lieu of control F) on the sheets app? TIA.

There is a Find & Replace feature. Obviously you can't edit it but it will still let you search.

#86 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Its a great game but gets kinda boring after 4-5 hours, but those 4-5 hours are VERY cool if you are a star trek fan.  To me its the kind of game you play 2-3 times and then sorta never play again, there are a few main missions and then you are pretty much done unfortunately.  It is multiplayer only afaik, I think there are bots and stuff if you try to solo it but dunno how well that works.  Its "realistic" in that there are 4 seats on the bridge, taken by 4 people - engineering, nav, captain, and security - and each can only do limited things so everyone has to work together and talk about what to do.  Its extremely immersive and you feel like you are in the trek world.

It shares the playerbase afaik so PC and PSVR people play together, all seamless, but the PSVR version is not anywhere near as good as the PC version if you have the option to play either one definitely go PC.  PSVR is fine, just textures and visuals not as good.

#87 voldo   Banned Banned   42 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

From what I've been reading there is no sheet chat for mobile neither android or iphone can access it.if there is a way let me know

#88 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

Nephew's bday is this weekend and I think I'll get him Injustice 2.  It really is a great game.  Green Arrow is my favorite to fight with. 

#89 clash3701  

clash3701

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

So the BOGO shirt deal ended?

I was planning to go today and buy some.

It ended in june unfortunately

#90 Grosbard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Grosbard

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Ok guys, here is a discord server for anyone who wants to join. Maybe it will keep things a little more....discrete in the future.

https://discord.gg/u5du7k6