* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#871 dealzg  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

The mobile GameStop site looks to be back online for those who were looking to check their trade totals.

#872 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

Took back Xbox one S systems?

Tech trade promo

#873 Unsocial Worker  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

So hit the dreaded trade limit ban for going over $2000, must have miscalculated something somewhere. Was only trading in my gen 1 Apple Watch when I learned, and asked if I could do the trade without my power up card since it is the same value. He said it was tied to the drivers license. He was cool enough to let me wife come in and complete it under her drivers license at least. Since the faq is no longer available, is the first offense 30 days or 90 days? What is the best legit way at a second account? My wife doesn't want to open one...

#874 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4619 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

So hit the dreaded trade limit ban for going over $2000, must have miscalculated something somewhere. Was only trading in my gen 1 Apple Watch when I learned, and asked if I could do the trade without my power up card since it is the same value. He said it was tied to the drivers license. He was cool enough to let me wife come in and complete it under her drivers license at least. Since the faq is no longer available, is the first offense 30 days or 90 days? What is the best legit way at a second account? My wife doesn't want to open one...

90 days and get a girlfriend

"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#875 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7962 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

My lil haul from the B2G1. No repros which was nice. I just started collecting GBA games for my new backlit mod I did. I already have pokemon firered, links awakening, metroid zero mission, golden sun, and the first super mario advance.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-09 at 9.55.43 AM.png

Haven't seen GBA carts in store in a long time...guessing some online orders. Superstar Saga is getting remastered for the 3DS...but otherwise good haul.

#876 Argonauts  

Argonauts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

[quote name="Unsocial Worker" post="13773374" timestamp="1499616307"]So hit the dreaded trade limit ban for going over $2000, must have miscalculated something somewhere. Was only trading in my gen 1 Apple Watch when I learned, and asked if I could do the trade without my power up card since it is the same value. He said it was tied to the drivers license. He was cool enough to let me wife come in and complete it under her drivers license at least. Since the faq is no longer available, is the first offense 30 days or 90 days? What is the best legit way at a second account? My wife doesn't want to open one...[/quote

Anytime you trade in something and they're required to input your ID information, if that ID has already been used when trading in with another account, the two accounts become linked. Essentially, if they don't require ID to trade in where you live, then yes you can make a bunch of accounts to bypass the trade limit. If they do require ID for trade-ins, then you'll have to get someone else to make an account and trade for you.

A trade band usually lasts 90 Days.

#877 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3329 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

4 for $10 Sheet

https://docs.google....t#gid=634650298

Please PM for access to the Flipping Google Group

https://groups.googl...flip_sheets_cag

#878 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the reply dumbass

Don't ask questions if you already know the answer. Who's the dumbass now? The goal should always be to get in and get out like Batman. Nobody should remember you for any reason. Get your mind right before causing waves both in here and in the store.

#879 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6405 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

With Halo 3 and 4 coming backwards compatible, might be smart to grab a few for the future

#880 Unsocial Worker  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

90 days and get a girlfriend

I think my wife would go for that even less.. I might go with the "Well, if you want me to pay for the Xbox X out of pocket..."

#881 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3329 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Just got this in an email, thought the summer swap was $60 not $50. Must not be doing as well as they thought it would.

tOLDokT.png

#882 c.gibbits   Back to the roots. CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

c.gibbits

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

The promos pretty good for picking up a game like Hello Kitty Kruisers for only $50. Why arent we all capitalizing on this

#883 Hereck82   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Just got this in an email, thought the summer swap was $60 not $50. Must not be doing as well as they thought it would.

tOLDokT.png

So I just noticed that on your brickseek version of your spreadsheet it shows that there is a preowned switch at a local store. Do they actually sell those preowned systems?

#884 Cygnus X-1  

Cygnus X-1

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

I answered your question and didn't insult you. Next time I'll let you just figure your own shit out through experimentation. GFY

I guess calling someone a POS isn't an insult? Looks like someone snuck up from the basement and raided his step mom's liquor cabinet early this morning. Go to hell

#885 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2341 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

I guess calling someone a POS isn't an insult? Looks like someone snuck up from the basement and raided his step mom's liquor cabinet early this morning. Go to hell

Calling someone a 'point of sale' is not usually an insult.

644690.png

#886 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3329 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

Point Of Sale noob

#887 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4094 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Lmao

POS in that context means Point of Sale, not piece of shit. Basically implying it doesn't matter what the employee says, what matters is if the POS will allow it or not.

#888 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

tOLDokT.png

This was only in select markets if I recall. Maybe would have done better if they expanded the promotion? I would have signed up if they offered it in my area.

#889 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

Let's clarify this as it has nothing to do with you.

POS or GTFO

Point of Sale or GTFO.

This means that no matter what anybody at any store tells you, as long as we know there is a sale or something confirmed in the system, do not listen to what they say if it conflicts with what is confirmed here; instead, just know that the POS (point of sale/cash register) will take care of everything properly, no matter what the clerk says/thinks.

If you kept up to date with this thread you would know that it is a term used here and not a derogatory statement aimed at you.

#890 Olwaysgaming  

Olwaysgaming

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

When I signed up for the summer swap it was 60. The receipts from the swaps always crack me up. I'm saving so much money, lol. e3827e71d09e5bd4403d3b8fac84d7e0.jpg

#891 Cygnus X-1  

Cygnus X-1

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

My bad! I have never seen that abbreviation before. I'll see myself out and lick my wounds

#892 Kyle1022  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

The promos pretty good for picking up a game like Hello Kitty Kruisers for only $50. Why arent we all capitalizing on this

Because I can count on one hand how many stores across the country have it?
  • Ros likes this

#893 RegretItLater  

RegretItLater

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm waiting for the GameStop exchlusive Deformers to drop in price. It is currently $30, but I'm hoping another $10 drop will happen. Crossing my fingers.

Why Can't I Be You?

#894 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

I'm waiting for the GameStop exchlusive Deformers to drop in price. It is currently $30, but I'm hoping another $10 drop will happen. Crossing my fingers.

Unless you're doing this for the collectors edition goodies it a complete waste of money/credit.

#895 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1400 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

I'd probably sign up for the summer swap program if they offered it in my area :) Although I'm terrible at finishing games in a timely manner

5wugTSx.png

#896 RegretItLater  

RegretItLater

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Unless you're doing this for the collectors edition goodies it a complete waste of money/credit.

That is exactly why I want to buy it.

I just want the steelbook, soundtrack and the vinyl figures, lol.  :D

Why Can't I Be You?

#897 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Sometimes I wonder why I shop at Gamestop...

Went to a different store for once, to take advantage of some of the deals and use the credit I have left.

Purchased a few new games, and with out asking the employee put the warranty onto every game I purchased. I didn't notice until she totaled it out and had to quickly have her refund the amount.

I wonder how many other people this employee has done this too... unlike most employees, she didn't ask if I was interested, just automatically added it without saying a word. Makes me curious if it was a quality of life thing.

#898 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3329 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

This was only in select markets if I recall. Maybe would have done better if they expanded the promotion? I would have signed up if they offered it in my area.

I think it was select stores. I only know of one store semi nearby to me that was actually promoting it. None of my usual stores said anything about it.

#899 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

That is exactly why I want to buy it.
I just want the steelbook, soundtrack and the vinyl figures, lol. :D

Ok cool. No shame in that.

#900 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Let's clarify this as it has nothing to do with you.

POS or GTFO

Point of Sale or GTFO.

This means that no matter what anybody at any store tells you, as long as we know there is a sale or something confirmed in the system, do not listen to what they say if it conflicts with what is confirmed here; instead, just know that the POS (point of sale/cash register) will take care of everything properly, no matter what the clerk says/thinks.

If you kept up to date with this thread you would know that it is a term used here and not a derogatory statement aimed at you.

you just took him to school.