* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#961 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

Lol all these crazy Gamestop acronyms

So when Blackbeard called me a SOB the other night in chat, he was just talking about Gamestop..right?!?!??!

Stealth Ongoing Bump

What did I do?

#962 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2378 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:18 AM

What did I do?

I think Dennis was putting on one of those serades...lol😉

#963 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

I think Dennis was putting on one of those serades...lol😉

KindlyDeterminedBudgie-size_restricted.g

#964 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:32 AM

Nope, hes right. The controller warranty is only for used and not new.

The controller should have a manufactures warranty though.

If I order it online it offers the warranty for $9.99 on a new controller for a year though?  Is this one of those things you can only get online?

Either way it isn't a 1 year manufactures warranty like he was trying to tell me and certainly isn't on the side of the box.

Spoiler

The warranty for the new controller is only available online for some reason. The manufacturer warranty is only 90 days in the US for Microsoft's controllers. Your best bet is to order online or from a store that does offer it in store. I'm assuming you have trade credit to burn though.

#965 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:33 AM

Did anyone actually get a ban this go round?

Apparently I did, I only did one trade with around $20 last week and now I can't order games from my store anymore, I usually preorder games and stuffs and now I can't.

I didn't do anything wrong I was trying to preorder a game and they denied me. No reason was given. :cry:

You guys don't think its because I used the $5 coupon do ya?

#966 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:34 AM

Did my first ever PUR renewal just for the B2G1 coupon today. Hoping to stock up for the 50% bonus at the end of the month. I was going to focus on 3DS games but if the "buy 3 Wii U games get 30% off" stacks with the coupon things could get interesting.

#967 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7841 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:36 AM

The warranty for the new controller is only available online for some reason. The manufacturer warranty is only 90 days in the US for Microsoft's controllers. Your best bet is to order online or from a store that does offer it in store. I'm assuming you have trade credit to burn though.

I am going to return it tomorrow then and just order it online like I had planned.  I paid for most of it with trade credit and a small amount with a GC.  Hopefully it will go back to trade credit and not a GC.  

When you order online do they still not tax trade credit?   In NY when you spend trade credit that amount isn't taxable.  I am not going to spend $10+ in tax and shipping (assuming it isn't free).  

If it is screwed up I will just pass on it and hold onto my credit/Gift card.

#968 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Apparently I did, I only did one trade with around $20 last week and now I can't order games from my store anymore, I usually preorder games and stuffs and now I can't.

I didn't do anything wrong I was trying to preorder a game and they denied me. No reason was given. :cry:

You guys don't think its because I used the $5 coupon do ya?

Like they let you try to pay and the POS denied you? Or they didn't even let you try?

#969 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

Like they let you try to pay and the POS denied you? Or they didn't even let you try?

Didn't let me try, all she did was scan my card which also has my credit and said "No sorry I can't let you preorder at this time"

I'm at a loss here.

#970 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

I am going to return it tomorrow then and just order it online like I had planned.  I paid for most of it with trade credit and a small amount with a GC.  Hopefully it will go back to trade credit and not a GC.  

When you order online do they still not tax trade credit?   In NY when you spend trade credit that amount isn't taxable.  I am not going to spend $10+ in tax and shipping (assuming it isn't free).  

If it is screwed up I will just pass on it and hold onto my credit/Gift card.

Trade credit is taxed in online orders. You enter it like a gift card and they treat it like one.

#971 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7841 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

Trade credit is taxed in online orders. You enter it like a gift card and they treat it like one.

Thanks so if my store cant add the warranty for $9.99 I am just going to return it then.  

#972 bennyboy_07  

bennyboy_07

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

I just placed an order online using trade credit, anyone know how long it'll take before the new balance is reflected on my card?

#973 blackbeard4886   Banned Banned   3441 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

Hey Blackbeard, could you look for stock of the GameStop exclusive Xenomorph Funko Pop? This is the number at the end of the webpage for it: 146407

https://docs.google....t#gid=725108705

#974 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

Didn't let me try, all she did was scan my card which also has my credit and said "No sorry I can't let you preorder at this time"

I'm at a loss here.

Try at another store. Can you access your info online? Do you still have PUR points?

Also this is a prime reason why to not have your credit on your PUR account.

#975 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:55 AM

Try at another store. Can you access your info online? Do you still have PUR points?

Also this is a prime reason why to not have your credit on your PUR account.

I only did one trade consisting of $20 but my credit and points are fine. Maybe this employee was just being an ass because I did interrupt her conversation to check out. 

#976 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

Thanks so if my store cant add the warranty for $9.99 I am just going to return it then.  

You can call in to have tax refunded, I was refunded on my last order which i used trade credit on.

#977 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7841 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:02 AM

You can call in to have tax refunded, I was refunded on my last order which i used trade credit on.

Thanks for the info just not worth the effort to me.  Probably very YMMV.  I figured I would trade my Vita which I don't use, use some credit I still had and the $50 GC I got a few weeks ago when I bought my XBox One S (after trading my Fat).  Get a Elite controller and 1 year warranty and still have some money left over ($15 or so).   I paid less then $2 in tax.  

#978 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2378 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:03 AM

I only did one trade consisting of $20 but my credit and points are fine. Maybe this employee was just being an ass because I did interrupt her conversation to check out.

What the hell kind of relationship you have with that store? I've never heard of anyone being turned away from buying anything at GameStop except for he who shall not be named.

What did you do? If nothing serious, I would call into corporate and have them look into your account. Sounds like someone overstepped their authority and messed up your account. Perhaps make a new account if possible.

#979 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

No way you should be banned.

Be honest, what did you do to piss them off 😂

#980 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

That's good to know. I'll have try that I got whacked with tax on my last 2 orders that haven't arrived. The tax amounts were substantial as the orders were also.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

#981 esalw822  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:11 AM

Because I can count on one hand how many stores across the country have it?

Since you guys brought this to my attention, I just tried it today:  Signed up for the Summer Swap pass at two different locations to pick up that stupid Hello Kitty game for Wii U and FEF: SE and it does indeed zero out the game regardless of price.  Also, no issue with having multiple passes on one account.  Seems like a great way to get high priced games at a discount (beats B2G1 even).  I'm gonna sign up one more time for games to actually play and then end on something valuable but readily available (like Mario Sonic Rio) to keep as the last free game. 

Definitely some potential with this program.

#982 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:12 AM

No way you should be banned.

Be honest, what did you do to piss them off

This is the only Gamestop around me that I know of so I only go there to trade games here and there or buy a few things I've been wanting to play. I usually buy what I'm there to get and leave I dunno honestly I don't.

I'll have a talk with management tomorrow to get this straighten out :joystick:

#983 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:16 AM

What the hell kind of relationship you have with that store? I've never heard of anyone being turned away from buying anything at GameStop except for he who shall not be named.

What did you do? If nothing serious, I would call into corporate and have them look into your account. Sounds like someone overstepped their authority and messed up your account. Perhaps make a new account if possible.

Hopefully a good one, one of the chicks there I like so I try to be the least difficult as possible.

#984 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2367 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

This is the only Gamestop around me that I know of so I only go there to trade games here and there or buy a few things I've been wanting to play. I usually buy what I'm there to get and leave I dunno honestly I don't.

Is this the only store you go to?  Maybe something happened at a different store?

#985 m0therbrain  

m0therbrain

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

Keeping it low key for awhile, if you have a question then join the discord and ask there or pm me

i put in a request to join on fri and haven't heard back yet.  

not sure if grosbard hasn't vetted me yet or i have been vetted and declared a level 1 troll/lurker/n00b with a 3 charisma attribute value.

#986 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5681 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:30 AM

Do you go into the store fully clothed?

#987 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:32 AM

Is this the only store you go to?  Maybe something happened at a different store?

Only one I know of thats around me. I live in a rural area.

I'm thinking I just chught that particular employee at a bad time or she was new because she did say she I can't let you preorder at this time has me thinking this is a bug or something wrong with their system or she didn't know how to do the preorder thing.

#988 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

Do you go into the store fully clothed?

I save my streaking for when the Green Bay Packers win a Super Bowl, thank you very much :-

#989 zsf001  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

Traded over 2563 during last week deals

Went in today to test my account with a 3 dollar trade in...   No temp ban, going to trade another small item in a couple days to check my account status

lol watch the small trade trigger the ban.  Hope not though!  GL

#990 icyjones   I Think I Have A Problem. CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

Thanks buddy.