* * * * - 5 votes

GameStop Ad 7/5-7/11

#1201 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

So if you ask your GameStop to pull up the sku 131774, you'll get the Darkseid Preorder Bonus for Injustice2 PS4, 148711 for Xbox1. Free of charge

Its highly YMMV if they will do that.

#1202 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

Its highly YMMV if they will do that.

Would you do it?

#1203 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

Would you do it?

Likely not this far after release. Those codes are meant for customer issues. Ie ordered for the wrong system, picking up a reserve at a different store, etc.

Not really meant to just be given out. They do track those codes and they can term you for giving them out.

If it didn't mean possibly losing my job then sure.

#1204 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:32 PM

Likely not this far after release. Those codes are meant for customer issues. Ie ordered for the wrong system, picking up a reserve at a different store, etc.

Not really meant to just be given out. They do track those codes and they can term you for giving them out.

If it didn't mean possibly losing my job then sure.

Good to know. Don't really see how it deserves a termination. But I guess abuse of anything can lead to termination.

#1205 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

So today is the last day to pick up the Ad....shit need to get my lazy ass up and go to the nearest GS and pick one up.

My store didn't even have the ad or any clue what I was talking about. Going to try a different store before I head home. 

#1206 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

Damn, my 7 Plus arrived today and in brand new shape and Swappa etc checks show all is good, but then I did an ATT IMEI check and it shows installment payments haven't been made.  

Receipt shows $525 + tax for that one and no mention of B2G1.  Maybe my GS will give me that back.   :)    Guess I gotta go visit them.  Or call ATT.

Other two are Verizon models and also check out on Swappa etc, but wonder if they have the same problem.  No VZ check.  AT least those look a like they were used a tad and not obviously brand new.  

Was planning on at least trading these into BB.  Maybe keep one.  Maybe resell, but not going to resell if I can't vouch for these things.  

#1207 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

Damn, my 7 Plus arrived today and in brand new shape and Swappa etc checks show all is good, but then I did an ATT IMEI check and it shows installment payments haven't been made.  

Receipt shows $525 + tax for that one and no mention of B2G1.  Maybe my GS will give me that back.   :)    Guess I gotta go visit them.  Or call ATT.

Other two are Verizon models and also check out on Swappa etc, but wonder if they have the same problem.  No VZ check.  AT least those look a like they were used a tad and not obviously brand new.  

Was planning on at least trading these into BB.  Maybe keep one.  Maybe resell, but not going to resell if I can't vouch for these things.  

You can return it but you wont get full value back, ask GS to send a replacement. still salty I missed all the iphone 7s tho haha :(

#1208 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

So we get a fresh thread tomorrow?

#1209 Al Sclerosis   Banned Banned   89 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Al Sclerosis

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

For anyone making online purchases in trade credit, you can get the tax refunded if you live in a state with credit exemption/trade-in credit laws. These should generally be in-line with your state's motor vehicle trade-in laws.

If your state only taxes on the difference of your trade-in vehicle and new vehicle purchase, gamestop should follow the same rules. So if you buy a $10,000 new car and trade in an old car for $5,000, you can only be taxed on $5,000 NOT $10,000. If you traded in $10,000 and bought $10,000, then you can't be taxed at all.

In a trade-credit/tax exemption state, In-store purchases follow suit. If you trade in $75 worth of games and buy $100 in new games, you can only be taxed on $25. If you trade in $100 worth of games and purchase $100 worth of games, you do not have to pay the tax.

Online purchases do not follow these laws because their system sees your trade credit as a gift card and not trade credit. However, if you live in a state with tax exemption laws for trade-ins, you can call gamestop customer service and explain to them that your state has tax exemption/trade credit laws and request that your tax be refunded.

I suggest specifically referencing the example of trading-in and purchasing a car when you call. As long as you are nice and patient, they should send you a gift card for the amount you were taxed. While a gift card isn't the same as getting trade credit back since it will be taxable when you use it, it's still way better than nothing.

The only states/districts that DO NOT have tax exemption/trade-credit laws surrounding motor vehicles are California, Hawaii, Maryland, Kentucky, Michigan, Virginia, and Washington D.C. If you live in any other state, you should be able to call and get your tax back unless there are other applicable laws for your state that I have missed.

Hope this helps anyone that is planning on getting a Switch bundle or making other large purchases online with trade credit.

#1210 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3328 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

Yet another reason to live in Oregon

#1211 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:19 AM

Woah, how'd you check this? Just go to eshop and see if it's a free DL?

eshop>menu>settings/other>redownloadable software

anyone who bought a used 3ds system i highly recommend doing this

Thanks for this. I just picked up a used new 3ds XL and it had super mario 3D land on it. Is it any good and can I attach it to my eshop acct or is it tied to the system?

#1212 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

You can return it but you wont get full value back, ask GS to send a replacement. still salty I missed all the iphone 7s tho haha :(

Wait so does that mean GameStop prorates online B2G1 orders? Can you return only a part of your order for a percentage back?

#1213 funkmonker  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

Absolutely ridiculous how gamestop.com promotes the free 2 day shipping over $50 for one day only and doesn't have the damn checkout working the whole day unbelievable

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#1214 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1602 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

Absolutely ridiculous how gamestop.com promotes the free 2 day shipping over $50 for one day only and doesn't have the damn checkout working the whole day unbelievable

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This has been happening to me since yesterday, can't checkout no matter what broswer, credit card or item I'm buying. Though I don't think this is happening to everybody since nobody besides you has mentioned it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#1215 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

still haven't been approved on discord what are the requirement on it since i'm approved on sheets?

wondering the same lol. obviously there's more to just simply: "The age of your cag/reddit account and your posts. Is your account at least one year old and do you make quality helpful posts? If so, welcome! If not, you won't be approved."

Anyone know what the real requirements are now? My account is not good enough even though it's over 11 years old & I have over 39% likes on my posts :cries: I'm not offering my first born lol.

#1216 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:05 AM

wondering the same lol. obviously there's more to just simply: "The age of your cag/reddit account and your posts. Is your account at least one year old and do you make quality helpful posts? If so, welcome! If not, you won't be approved."

Anyone know what the real requirements are now? My account is not good enough even though it's over 11 years old & I have over 39% likes on my posts :cries: I'm not offering my first born lol.

just give him time, I'm sure he's getting alot of requests.

#1217 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

just give him time, I'm sure he's getting alot of requests.

he's already gotten a week since I put in my request... :cries: lol

Anyways, so I saw ppl said when u do returns at a store, that the store that takes the return gets the hit instead of the store that u originally brought it from.... what about returning online orders to the local store? Will my home store get the hit too? =(

#1218 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

he's already gotten a week since I put in my request... :cries: lol

I'm in the same boat here. PMed Grosbard a week ago. Still watching the dealbot. :lol:

#1219 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to give the Discord keys to someone who, relatively speaking, has been a lurker on CAG.

#1220 A Dusty Bookcase   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   455 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

A Dusty Bookcase

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

Question my GS has a used copy of a FFXV deluxe edition with the steelbook. Do you guys think I can buy it as a regular used copy of FFXV or would it have it's own preowned price? They don't have a used copy listing on their site so I was just wondering.

#1221 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Question my GS has a used copy of a FFXV deluxe edition with the steelbook. Do you guys think I can buy it as a regular used copy of FFXV or would it have it's own preowned price? They don't have a used copy listing on their site so I was just wondering.

It's priced the same as FF15, $32.99.

Grab it before it's gone.

#1222 Potatoeman  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

It will already be at the preowned price for FF15; like you said, deluxe edition is the same sku for preowned.

#1223 A Dusty Bookcase   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   455 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

A Dusty Bookcase

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

It will already be at the preowned price for FF15; like you said, deluxe edition is the same sku for preowned.

Sweet, thx for replying!

#1224 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

For anyone making online purchases in trade credit, you can get the tax refunded if you live in a state with credit exemption/trade-in credit laws. These should generally be in-line with your state's motor vehicle trade-in laws.

If your state only taxes on the difference of your trade-in vehicle and new vehicle purchase, gamestop should follow the same rules. So if you buy a $10,000 new car and trade in an old car for $5,000, you can only be taxed on $5,000 NOT $10,000. If you traded in $10,000 and bought $10,000, then you can't be taxed at all.

In a trade-credit/tax exemption state, In-store purchases follow suit. If you trade in $75 worth of games and buy $100 in new games, you can only be taxed on $25. If you trade in $100 worth of games and purchase $100 worth of games, you do not have to pay the tax.

Online purchases do not follow these laws because their system sees your trade credit as a gift card and not trade credit. However, if you live in a state with tax exemption laws for trade-ins, you can call gamestop customer service and explain to them that your state has tax exemption/trade credit laws and request that your tax be refunded.

I suggest specifically referencing the example of trading-in and purchasing a car when you call. As long as you are nice and patient, they should send you a gift card for the amount you were taxed. While a gift card isn't the same as getting trade credit back since it will be taxable when you use it, it's still way better than nothing.

The only states/districts that DO NOT have tax exemption/trade-credit laws surrounding motor vehicles are California, Hawaii, Maryland, Kentucky, Michigan, Virginia, and Washington D.C. If you live in any other state, you should be able to call and get your tax back unless there are other applicable laws for your state that I have missed.

Hope this helps anyone that is planning on getting a Switch bundle or making other large purchases online with trade credit.

Have you actually done this yourself at GS online? 

#1225 Uso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

You can only do this if you pay your purchase in full with trade credit. It requires you call GameStop for a refund. Knowing how bad GS phone reps are, you might be on hold for hours. It is not worth the trouble if you value your time.

#1226 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

New thread?
This ad is over.

#1227 Al Sclerosis   Banned Banned   89 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Al Sclerosis

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Have you actually done this yourself at GS online? 

yes, I did it for my switch bundle purchase.

You can only do this if you pay your purchase in full with trade credit. It requires you call GameStop for a refund. Knowing how bad GS phone reps are, you might be on hold for hours. It is not worth the trouble if you value your time.

All but $0.60 of my purchase was paid for in trade credit. l explained to the associate that I shouldn't have been charged the $0.60 in the first place because the tax is what made me short, but I don't think she followed that far.

When I called, I got an associate fairly fast and the call took a total of about 15 minutes and I played Switch throughout most of it, so it didn't have an effect on what I was doing anyway.

#1228 Galactus   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Galactus

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

What did u try and pre order? Also linking your trade credit with your account is a bad idea Because if u r truly banned your credit might be gone as well

I went in and talked to management and that employee. My account was flagged because she thought I was abusing the $5 off coupon last month. The manager looked through my account and saw I only used two coupons, one from Bit Heroes and one a different GS employee gave me during a trade so he lifted the flag.

The reason she thought I was abusing the system was because a few friends and I all used our coupons together but separate transactions with all different accounts.  

lol the manager asked her: "So just because someone comes in, uses a coupon, his friends are with him and they use the same promo coupon under their own accounts, you flag him? Why?"

I did have more coupons but I was broke so I couldn't use them and gave them away here but if I were to use them I wasn't going to do so under my account.

PS. I was trying to preorder Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite. 

#1229 elessar123  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

PS. I was trying to preorder Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite. 

You're probably flagged again.