* - - - - 4 votes

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for 25usd plus shipping at Amazon (3rd Party)

#1 deft2k   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:29 AM

Too good to be true?

https://www.amazon.c...8&condition=all

OVhZSQz.png

#2 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1746 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

There have been a ton of these fake listings on Amazon the past few months. Be wary of super low prices + "just launched"

#3 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

Probably. Could also be mistakenly listing Wii U pro controllers? How easy is it to have Amazon sort things out if this end up being an absurd knockoff?

#4 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:34 AM

Too good to be true?

Obviously..

#5 Jrgykins  

Jrgykins

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

So what happens when these sellers don't deliver? Do you get a refund or something? 

#6 blackopslady   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

blackopslady

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:10 AM

So what happens when these sellers don't deliver? Do you get a refund or something?

Amazon is pretty good about refunding purchases after you file a claim.

#7 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

THIS IS A SCAM. These are "just launched" fake sellers. They mark it as shipped and get paid by Amazon before the long arrival time that their slow shipping has. They don't add a tracking number and you never get the item. You can't file your a2z for a certain time too, so the seller is long gone by that time. You get your money back eventually, but you have to start the cliam, wait for the seller response and then file the final part of the claim. You can tell this is a scam because these all/a lot of their other items are super cheap too!!! You may say it's worth the risk because there's no financial risk, but the scammers also get all your info so get ready for more spam on your Amazon email... :)

#8 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Wow people actually do fall for these.

This has literally been happening for months, and it's still making people even ask. A sucker is born everyday...

#9 Gsmack1   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

I will say I got one off eBay for $16 bucks shipped from Japan last month but it was a miss price but they still sent it then changed their price to like $109 bucks for the listing after that. I swore it was gonna be just a empty box once it shipped but no it came an works perfect

#10 MrBlank   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

That's too low to be real. I've been burned by Amazon resellers that are brand new. Amazon always refunds the money, but it's a hassle. I did find a pro controller at goodwill a few weeks ago. No idea how that made it there. They were pretty much sold out everywhere.

#11 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Fake and I'm shocked that Amazon hasn't put up stricter limitations on sellers yet.

There are lots of scam listings right now for Switch peripherals and games.

#12 Duplicated  

Duplicated

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

They were pretty much sold out everywhere.

Maybe they were, a few months back. Now? Every GS/BB/Target I've been to in my area carries at least two. Chicago btw.