Oculus Rift & Oculus Touch is $399 for limited time

#1 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6588 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

https://www.newegg.c...t=Combo.3557144

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01LYCUM3L/

https://www.oculus.c...-best-deal-yet/

Normally $598

<p><span style="font-size:12px;">Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.</span>

#2 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

Omfg I was so tempted when they did the first few price drops. Now this? My wallet! Amazon's page still references the free games, I wonder if they are still part of the deal. Definitely want to play Robo Recall.

#3 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

So this price drop means this system is dying?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

DANY+FAKnTASTIK.png

#4 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

sure, dying, or getting ahead of the new MS headsets from multiple companies at the same price point coming out very soon, or getting ready for a new hardware release, or any number of possibilities

#5 PeeDeeJay   Who stole my hat? CAGiversary!   744 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

PeeDeeJay

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Thankfully my computer isn't powerful enough to run this... otherwise I wouldn't be able to resist.

#6 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

I like the Vive a little better, but that's a nice piece of hardware for $400.  Of course, if you already own a PS4, the PSVR is a nice piece of $400 hardware too that doesn't require a beefy PC :) 

848734.png

#7 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Got one from Newegg, awesome deal for an amazing piece of hardware. FYI it's also available at Best buy and comes with Valkyrie. I know many have certs at Best buy and this will go nice with their current Laptop trade in promo and the Amex $30 if you spent $200.

#8 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Got one from Newegg, awesome deal for an amazing piece of hardware. FYI it's also available at Best buy and comes with Valkerye. I know many have certs at Best buy and this will go nice with their current Laptop trade in promo and the Amex $30 if you spent $200.

Ohyea I forgot about Best Buy. Damn I have been holding out for a price drop but I have a backlog of regular games to knock out. I'm VR ready though and beefed up my PC in preparation of deals like this.

Edit: also from the product page from BBY, it seems that you still get the other 7 games for free in this bundle. If that's true then it's a great value.

#9 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16875 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

I ordered one from the MS store. Was able to get $400 in MS gift cards for $350. I think this is the price that Oculus actually moves units. This is what most people wanted the system to launch at...with the Touch controllers included, of course.

It's crazy to see it take a big $200 drop like that though. I'd be worried about a soon to be announced CV2...but they recently stated that it was "at least 2 years away".

#10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Just some guy CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

Tempting... Had a Vive for a little while, but then I sold it. 

#11 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1920 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:26 PM

Still needs one more sensor to do full-on room scale, as two sensors is just kind of getting by.

I also wish I didn't have to have the front sensor(s) so close to me, and the thing was a pain to setup in a 3-sensor configuration.  That said, the headset is very comfortable for people that do not need glasses.  And the Touch controllers feel very natural.

Oculus has some really interesting exclusives.  There's nothing resembling a "Must-Have" VR app yet, but this is a great price if you have a computer that can handle it and the curiosity to try it out.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#12 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

For those getting one who also have prime memberships:

https://www.amazon.c...BEBK1M8T99FRFAN

The highly recommended inateck usb3 cards will be a primeday sale item. In case you are in need of more usb3 ports to support it

As far as the sensors, it really depends on getting positioning correct. I havent done a full treatment since my room is fairly small and Ive never had an issue. My friend though mounted his to the molding in the room he uses it in up near the ceiling and he gets perfect room scale, at least with everything he's played, with just 2 sensors and how he mounted them.  The sensors can unscrew from their base and fit a normal camera mounting, so theres plenty of options on how to mount them

#13 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

Anyone here wear glasses with VR? I hear that it's a bit uncomfortable with them for the Rift There's a website that makes prescription lenses that fit into the headset though.

#14 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16875 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

As far as the sensors, it really depends on getting positioning correct. I havent done a full treatment since my room is fairly small and Ive never had an issue. My friend though mounted his to the molding in the room he uses it in up near the ceiling and he gets perfect room scale, at least with everything he's played, with just 2 sensors and how he mounted them.  The sensors can unscrew from their base and fit a normal camera mounting, so theres plenty of options on how to mount them

Yeah, this is definitely true. Placing your sensors up high, angled downward will make a huge difference.

i've been using the DK2 with modded roomscale support (using PS Move controllers, PS Eye cameras, and a program called PSMoveService), and that was tough getting accurate tracking (even using 3 cameras) because of the limitations of the technology. The PS Eye doesn't have a particularly great FOV or view distance. So, you'd lose tracking fairly easily.

Not to mention, the DK2 had no IR sensors in the back and just the one camera sensor. But even with that, if you placed everything up high, you could get a pretty decent play space mapped out. But I'm definitely looking forward to a much more user friendly experience with legitimate hardware, haha.

#15 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:48 AM

The day I bought one I got several deals on it. At this point I've literally made money off it... Either they are getting to launch a new Oculus rift or anounce extended support for it or worse its being fire sold....

Either way I personally think it's a great deal... $399.99 for the Oculus grab yourself a $400-500 PC (better than waiting for the Xbox One X)

One shall stand one shal......LEEEEEROY JENNNNNNKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2448 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

Anyone here wear glasses with VR? I hear that it's a bit uncomfortable with them for the Rift There's a website that makes prescription lenses that fit into the headset though.

I do, and it's fine. You get used to it pretty quick. It'd only be a problem if you have very large frames -- I recently got some slightly bigger ones than I had before, and they still fit.

Also, fwiw, I vastly prefer the Oculus Touch controllers to the Vive's wands. That's the main reason (plus Steam VR being a mess, but it's gotten better) that I preferred Oculus.

#17 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39946 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:07 AM

Tempted, but what are the games to play?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#18 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8301 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

20% Cash Back via Amazon Credit Card for Prime Day

#19 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

I do, and it's fine. You get used to it pretty quick. It'd only be a problem if you have very large frames -- I recently got some slightly bigger ones than I had before, and they still fit.

Also, fwiw, I vastly prefer the Oculus Touch controllers to the Vive's wands. That's the main reason (plus Steam VR being a mess, but it's gotten better) that I preferred Oculus.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I have medium frames and I think that they should be OK.  

Initially I was all in for the Vive but when Rift released the touch controllers I felt that those would be a better experience overall. 

#20 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

Tempted, but what are the games to play?

http://store.steampowered.com/vr/

https://www.oculus.c...periences/rift/

#21 coldstreakd   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

coldstreakd

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

So I just ordered the bundle from bestbuy.com for in-store pickup. The order went through but a half hour later, i still haven't received a confirmation email and it isn't showing in my Best Buy account, but the balance is reflected on my Best Buy credit card. I'm confused. This ever happen to anyone else with Best Buy?

#22 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:52 AM

Sometimes Best Buy's website is slow, I think. Took a few hours on a digital delivery one time, which should have been a cinch. Anyway, if you got charged, I wouldn't worry about it until tomorrow morning when the store should be getting to work on your order.

#23 closedsocket  

closedsocket

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Amazon added a $100 gift card to the bundle... enough to make me bite.

https://www.amazon.c...OEoL&ref=plSrch

closedsockets.png

#24 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

I got my hand on the buy it now button, but I am not seeing the 20 percent back offer on this. Anyone able to get that offer to apply? 

#25 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

so tempted...........hmmmm.....

Ordered! Couldn't pass up the $100 gift card deal. Might have to upgrade my video card.......crap what did I just do:)

Also got the $80 in visa rewards visa welcome offer. 

#26 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

so tempted...........hmmmm.....

Ordered! Couldn't pass up the $100 gift card deal. Might have to upgrade my video card.......crap what did I just do:)

Also got the $80 in visa rewards visa welcome offer. 

Awesome! What videocard do you have?

Edit: Looks like it sold out! I had it in my cart and took it out as I was taking my time checking out lol. Ohwell its for the best. Got a ton of PC, Xbox, Switch, and PS4 games to catch up on. I'll tell myself its for the best.  :bomb:

Next time Gadget, next time...

#27 deathb10w   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

Sold out again. Just keep watching for the amazon deal I guess

#28 MusePrime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   696 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I have medium frames and I think that they should be OK.  

Initially I was all in for the Vive but when Rift released the touch controllers I felt that those would be a better experience overall.

Have you seen steam knuckle controllers

One shall stand one shal......LEEEEEROY JENNNNNNKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8301 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

I got my hand on the buy it now button, but I am not seeing the 20 percent back offer on this. Anyone able to get that offer to apply? 

It was included but was an error and has been fixed.

#30 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   819 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Awesome! What videocard do you have?

Edit: Looks like it sold out! I had it in my cart and took it out as I was taking my time checking out lol. Ohwell its for the best. Got a ton of PC, Xbox, Switch, and PS4 games to catch up on. I'll tell myself its for the best.  :bomb:

Next time Gadget, next time...

I have a gtx 560ti but all other specs are more than good. Sorry you were unable to get in on the deal. I'm sure there will be plenty of price drops in the near future