* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#301 dualrec  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

I decided to cancel my Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite CE from Best Buy.  I couldn't justify $159.99, even with the light up Infinity Stones and 4 figures.  The game just looks so bad and a retread of UMVC3.  I'll wait until it's $20 like SFV.

right there with you.  Just haven't done it yet.  Capcom is slacking.

#302 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

I decided to cancel my Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite CE from Best Buy.  I couldn't justify $159.99, even with the light up Infinity Stones and 4 figures.  The game just looks so bad and a retread of UMVC3.  I'll wait until it's $20 like SFV.

I'm guessing this one will go on clearance soon after it comes out. Even the Tekken 7 one which was sold out before release, is only $80 for the XB1 version now at Walmart. It's getting close to that glitched $60 price from before.

#303 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think I'm cancelling mine as well. 

Just doing it for me this time.. I want the stones, and that's really it.

#304 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

i will buy the set, keep the collectible stuff and sell the game. 

#305 Miker525  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

I also cancelled my MvC collector's edition for now. I suspect that it'll be available for a while and may see some nice price cuts. If not meh. The statues look nice but I won't be too depressed without them

#306 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2149 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

the square enix store just added a bunch of items from previous collectors editions to their rewards section of the store.

https://store.na.squ...nix.com/rewards

theres a bunch of steelbooks from Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy etc. 

You have to pay for shipping, which comes out to 10.99 for 3 items. It does come out way cheaper than ebay though for a lot of those items, people might have a ton of points from buying store-exclusive overly-priced collectors editions.

I picked up a couple of steelbooks myself. 

#307 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8195 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:43 PM

holy shit, finally grabbed that sweet Kingdom Hearts steelbook.  Thanks so much, arsenalcrazy!

#308 gwolf07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

If someone could pick up an extra kingdom hearts steelbook I would gladly like to buy one from you. PM me.

#309 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

the square enix store just added a bunch of items from previous collectors editions to their rewards section of the store.

theres a bunch of steelbooks from Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy etc. 

You have to pay for shipping, which comes out to 10.99 for 3 items. It does come out way cheaper than ebay though for a lot of those items, people might have a ton of points from buying store-exclusive overly-priced collectors editions.

Wow, huge thanks man! Was able to pick up the Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean Steelbooks, and the Star Ocean art book thanks to just having the right points from FFXV and Nier CEs.

#310 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8195 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

If someone could pick up an extra kingdom hearts steelbook I would gladly like to buy one from you. PM me.

Sure, 100 bucks. 

#311 VagrantFate  

VagrantFate

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

Thank you so much for this. I've been trying to think what to do with these stupid points for the longest time. Plus I couldn't believe I'd missed the Kingdom Hearts CE considering how long it was available. Wish they would put up that plushie.

#312 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1265 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:22 AM

Damn, after I just used most of my points =/ Would have loved to get that KH case :(

#313 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10308 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:25 AM

I somehow had 100 points so I ordered the Star Ocean case, thanks.  Other than making purchases on the store's website, how do I get more points?

Sure, 100 bucks. 

BTW, you should give credit in your thread about this...

#314 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:35 AM

I was surprised to see how many points I had when logging in. :-o Anyway, I ordered some extra SteelBooks. :D

#315 TBleachT   No, not Clorox. CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't realize I had enough points to order 3 steelbooks. Looks like these points are useful after all. I wouldn't have gotten anything else.

#316 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22613 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Wow, glad I checked this thread randomly... I had a lot more points than I thought I did and picked up the KH steelbook. 

#317 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:03 AM

Oh wow, nice find on the steels.  I was saving my points for the FF 14 Heavensward plaque to match my FF 14 ARR one, I'm like 150 off. Buut I'd love the SO 5 steel and it might not last long...  decisions, decisions.

#318 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

Oh wow, nice find on the steels.  I was saving my points for the FF 14 Heavensward plaque to match my FF 14 ARR one, I'm like 150 off. Buut I'd love the SO 5 steel and it might not last long...  decisions, decisions.

If it helps, the SO5 European LE is selling for $30 on Amazon, and it comes with the steelbook. So even if you don't get it here, you can always get that LE with the game down the line, whereas I'm not sure what the availability of the plaques are.

#319 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up the KH and SO5 steelbooks and the hard pouch for Final Fantasy Explorers.

#320 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4515 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

I was surprised to see how many points I had when logging in. :-o Anyway, I ordered some extra SteelBooks. :D

Did you ever make purchases from the new store? I've been a SE member for many years now, always getting annual gifts. With this new website, would I be an entirely different person with no history?

#321 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1517 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

Had 365 points, picked up kh, star ocean and dues ex steelbook. Thanks for the heads up.

#322 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:56 AM

How do you get Square Enix points? Just registered a bunch of SE Members cards and it didn't do shit.

#323 ghost1914  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

Thanks man. Ordered 2 kh steels and the pin from the 2.5 limited edition.

#324 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:50 AM

Sitting on 600 points, definitely gonna go for the WoFF Figures and the KH Steelbook, not sure what else yet. Is the KH 2.5 Artbook exclusive for members? I only remember ever seeing the 1.5 Artbook

#325 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

Aw man, SE. Just let me pay you real monies  :-(

#326 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2149 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Sitting on 600 points, definitely gonna go for the WoFF Figures and the KH Steelbook, not sure what else yet. Is the KH 2.5 Artbook exclusive for members? I only remember ever seeing the 1.5 Artbook

The 2.5 art book was only available in the 2.5 Collectors edition which was a squeenix store exclusive.

#327 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

The 2.5 art book was only available in the 2.5 Collectors edition which was a squeenix store exclusive.

Ah ok thanks, guess that too then. Not like I was saving for anything anyway so free stuff for the win

#328 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

If it helps, the SO5 European LE is selling for $30 on Amazon, and it comes with the steelbook. So even if you don't get it here, you can always get that LE with the game down the line, whereas I'm not sure what the availability of the plaques are.

Oh nice, thanks BRW!!  I was just about to order a EU LE until I saw Wiggles post :P I might still get the eu le and start saving for the plaque again lol.

No idea how I missed those WoFF figures... I've wanted those since I saw the CE but couldn't justify the cost.  Damn, prolly just gonna burn my points then.  I've actually earned a bunch from the bonus points for buying FF related stuff.  I've been buying my FF14 time cards from the SE store, and those count :)

Edit - Yep, couldn't those figures lol.  Went ahead and grabbed them :bouncy: Thanks for the heads up!

#329 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Mmm RPG loots.

#330 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

Oh nice, thanks BRW!!  I was just about to order a EU LE until I saw Wiggles post :P I might still get the eu le and start saving for the plaque again lol.

No idea how I missed those WoFF figures... I've wanted those since I saw the CE but couldn't justify the cost.  Damn, prolly just gonna burn my points then.  I've actually earned a bunch from the bonus points for buying FF related stuff.  I've been buying my FF14 time cards from the SE store, and those count :)

I'm stupid for not realizing FFXIV Time cards would give member rewards points too....I gotta start buying them there, I usually got them at Gamestop or Amazon