* * * * * 12 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#991 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

This hyperbole has really gotten old.  Ask Europeans how they enjoyed their Breath of the Wild Master Editions.

I will. While I am doing that, I will also ask them how much they are enjoying their Metroid Samus Return CE and Fire emblem Warriors limited edition

#992 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1001 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

I'll offer a recap and update the OP tomorrow. Feeling a bit burnt out atm. To add fuel to the fire for EU > NA: 

SNES Themed New 3DS XL for Europe

Good chance we are not getting this either. 

#993 ihadmail  

ihadmail

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

Are the 3DS region locked?

EDIT: After asking that I searched, which I should have done first.

To answer this question if anyone else has it: YES it's region locked but there are ways around it.

/EDIT

#994 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4896 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

Good chance we are not getting this either. 

Honestly, even though we got the butt ugly SNES here in the states, I think enough of "N" current fan-base knows what the SNES/Super Famicom look like from EU/Japan. So while I don't think we'll ever get this, I will say there is a small possibility. It would for sure sell here if ever offered, especially if it's limited in some way, but NoA is really become shit in recent years, with no signs of ever returning to greatness.

I'm personally going to keep an eye out at Play-Asia, as they have offered a few N3DS Asia models that where US region set, and it's more likely to show up there, than any official NoA product here in the states.

I have to also agree, that N of EU has been great for the last 3-5 years, as they went from not even being a blip to anyone, to now getting the most and closest to what Japan gets. And years ago, that was NoA. I don't know when and where it changed, but it sure as hell did. Our Club Nintendo got really bad near the end, and EU was still getting pretty cool physical rewards, when we where getting crap.

#995 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Surprised some Asia or UK vendor doesn't already have exclusivity on a US version the way things have been.

You know Rice Digital would have the US SNES 3DS exclusive for $399 or something.

#996 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1099 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:49 AM

Don't forget Gamescom is going on, so that's why we're seeing all the EU announcements at once.

#997 Pend   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

Wanting to grab the Ni No Kuni II:Reverant Kingdom King Edition (UK Edition) and saw that the amazon uk site + rice is sold out. Does anyone know a good uk game site to use that ships to the us?

#998 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

Did anyone notice there's a separate listing on Amazon for the Steelbook of FF: Dissidia NT? 

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.c...y+dissidia&th=1

No prime discount though, not sure if mentioned. 

#999 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

Did anyone notice there's a separate listing on Amazon for the Steelbook of FF: Dissidia NT? 

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.c...y+dissidia&th=1

No prime discount though, not sure if mentioned. 

Dissidia NT Steelbook Brawler Edition at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy....ion-4/5921700.p

#1000 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8100 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

Kind of upset they changed the gameplay mechanics of NNK to 2 :/

#1001 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:17 AM

Wanting to grab the Ni No Kuni II:Reverant Kingdom King Edition (UK Edition) and saw that the amazon uk site + rice is sold out. Does anyone know a good uk game site to use that ships to the us?

You can still get it on the German website:

https://www.amazon.d...MPDL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1002 Pend   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:23 AM

You can still get it on the German website:

https://www.amazon.d...MPDL&ref=plSrch

Do you know if the the packaging/items are in english? the picture is just a production image with minor modifications. I remember someone mentioning the game website but it mentions won't ship international.

#1003 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

Do you know if the the packaging/items are in english? the picture is just a production image with minor modifications. I remember someone mentioning the game website but it mentions won't ship international.

I believe it's all in English since it's the same unit shipped to all of Europe but I could be wrong. If you want to play it safe and can live with it the PC version is available at Amazon U.K. again.

I bought a wizard edition of the first one that was all in English from Europe but I don't remember if I got it off the U.K. site. I have Metroid Legacy preordered off the German website as well. Really hoping that's in English cause I've only seen it up once and it was there. Haven't even found a page for it on the U.K. site.

I have the FE CE preordered off Amazon JP but forgot the Nintendo is still region locking their systems. Not sure I want to pay all that money just for the extras...

Also found an image of the inside of the Metroid 3DS. Solid black. Looks like I'll be canceling that preorder. How boring to just paint the exterior but leave the interior unfinished.

a1613cb1d36b382ee837020f5f584457.png

#1004 Pend   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:39 AM

I believe it's all in English since it's the same unit shipped to all of Europe but I could be wrong. If you want to play it safe and can live with it the PC version is available at Amazon U.K. again.

I bought a wizard edition of the first one that was all in English from Europe but I don't remember if I got it off the U.K. site. I have Metroid Legacy preordered off the German website as well. Really hoping that's in English cause I've only seen it up once and it was there. Haven't even found a page for it on the U.K. site.

I have the FE CE preordered off Amazon JP but forgot the Nintendo is still region locking their systems. Not sure I want to pay all that money just for the extras...

I will try the PC one since just want the packaging and items. Would you use the standard delivery that is free or use the global standard shipping that has an cost?

#1005 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5028 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

I will try the PC one since just want the packaging and items. Would you use the standard delivery that is free or use the global standard shipping that has an cost?

I don't think the free shipping is even an option for international orders but if I could use it I would. Paid about 5 quid for shipping.

#1006 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4096 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Destiny 2 CE listings have appeared on Best Buy. Only way to get $50 Off the MSRP with GCU when they go live. https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

#1007 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5962 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Destiny 2 CE listings have appeared on Best Buy. Only way to get $50 Off the MSRP with GCU when they go live. https://www.bestbuy....s=960&keys=keys

looks like its dead

#1008 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4087 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

You are talking about Fire Emblem Warriors, which is for the Switch? Because the Switch is region free.

#1009 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2678 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

I'll offer a recap and update the OP tomorrow. Feeling a bit burnt out atm. To add fuel to the fire for EU > NA:

SNES Themed New 3DS XL for Europe

The ONE defense I have of NoA here is that unlike Japan which had a had a near identical design the SNES in America looked quite different. That said it's bullshit that NoA doesn't do this.

#1010 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

these will probably be flickering in and out of stock the next couple weeks as we lead up to release as people decide to cancel etc. gamestop has been in and out of stock all day yesterday rarely lasting longer then an hour. 

863406.png

#1011 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

The ONE defense I have of NoA here is that unlike Japan which had a had a near identical design the SNES in America looked quite different. That said it's bullshit that NoA doesn't do this.

Yeah it sucks and with region locking I'm not willing to repeatedly hack the 3DS to play games on it.

#1012 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

looks like its dead

Was it ever live? I have a feeling that "coming soon" is legit in this case. I plan to watch this like a hawk as I'm not sure I'll keep my GS preorder at 280 bucks.

#1013 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Was it ever live? I have a feeling that "coming soon" is legit in this case. I plan to watch this like a hawk as I'm not sure I'll keep my GS preorder at 280 bucks.

I ordered the Destiny 2 CE from BB on 3/30. Not sure if it's been available since then.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#1014 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   786 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

Dissidia NT Steelbook Brawler Edition at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy....ion-4/5921700.p

Thanks. Preordered. I think these will probably have a slipcover or something over them to hide what version of steelbook you'll receive. Hopefully you'll still be able to tell if the artwork shows on the edges.

#1015 MarsGaming  

MarsGaming

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

Pretty sure these went live a long time ago. I preordered a PS4 CE iirc. Ill have to check

#1016 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

I ordered the Destiny 2 CE from BB on 3/30. Not sure if it's been available since then.

Ah, thanks. I may just cancel as I'm only interested since the bag looks rather nice and like most people I have some friends and family who I could play casually with. Never even finished Taken King.

#1017 elessar123  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Are the 3DS region locked?

EDIT: After asking that I searched, which I should have done first.

To answer this question if anyone else has it: YES it's region locked but there are ways around it.

/EDIT

Be careful, because there was a wave a couple months ago where people got banned for circumventing even just the region lock.

Spoiler

#1018 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

Pretty sure these went live a long time ago. I preordered a PS4 CE iirc. Ill have to check

Yeah they did.  I went to quickly replace my placeholder orders with a BB order only to find that I already had a BB order months ago.

#1019 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

Amazon was the only retailer who didn't put the Destiny 2 CE up yet for some unknown reason.

#1020 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4087 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

Amazon was the only retailer who didn't put the Destiny 2 CE up yet for some unknown reason.

20% off preorders only and they will probably just release it on release date.