* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#1561 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   455 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

My only experience with foreign Amazon's has been with a standard Vita game, which of course required little to no real packaging technique. I did get some stuff once from a different UK retailer who when my order arrived damaged and I told them how poor their packaging had been, I was told how they use Amazon's fulfillment center, so everything should have been OK(as that is the best in the industry). So that pretty much told me Amazon sucks worldwide. LOL

Amazon JP packages everything like you are a king. Unbelievable how much care they put into it. Everything is boxed and wrapped in plastic to a piece of cardboard. Hell I bought a poster recently and they stuck the poster tube in a giant box instead of just slapping a label on it.

#1562 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6985 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Amazon JP packages everything like you are a king. Unbelievable how much care they put into it. Everything is boxed and wrapped in plastic to a piece of cardboard. Hell I bought a poster recently and they stuck the poster tube in a giant box instead of just slapping a label on it.

Damn, that sounds awesome. I did order once from Amazon Japan, but it was a 3rd party seller, but the shipping speed was what impressed me most with that transaction.

Hopefully those with some of these nice CE on order from EU won't end up with some poor ass packaging, as it seems Japan should be the high water mark, and the US should be the bottom for sure. LOL

#1563 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2845 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

Yep, my famicom mini and bluray box sets have always come pristine! Was going to buy a Ps4 Pro vertical stand from gamestop, because they are the only one in the US that still has it. Saw it on amazon.jp for around $15 (after conversion) plus shipping which was $8, it arrived two days later! Same price as Gamestop too. and didn't have to support them. Haha. 

#1564 doomgaze_86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

doomgaze_86

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:22 AM

My experiences with Amazon JP aren't always that great, but they are far better than EU and US. Bear in mind I'm in Singapore so they might do things differently depending on destination.

I've had games (UMVC3 for PS4 and Gunvolt Limited Edition for Switch) shipped in envelopes with no protection so the soft cardboard boxes got squashed. I've also had instances where they use rubber bands to bundle games together. This had the unfortunate side effect of leaving rather deep impressions on the case/cover art. I guess the rubber band used was too small, but frankly it shouldn't even be necessary...

#1565 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6263 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

My Metroid Legacy Edition shipped from amazon.de this morning and is set to arrive Oct 3rd.

Really hope they packed it well...

how much is it in US Dollars?

#1566 FullmetalPain22  

FullmetalPain22

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:42 AM

#1567 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:02 AM

My experiences with Amazon JP aren't always that great, but they are far better than EU and US. Bear in mind I'm in Singapore so they might do things differently depending on destination.

I've had games (UMVC3 for PS4 and Gunvolt Limited Edition for Switch) shipped in envelopes with no protection so the soft cardboard boxes got squashed. I've also had instances where they use rubber bands to bundle games together. This had the unfortunate side effect of leaving rather deep impressions on the case/cover art. I guess the rubber band used was too small, but frankly it shouldn't even be necessary...

I ordered a Culdcept LE to Japan from Amazon US and paid $7 for shipping (not bad at all). They better put it in a box though.

#1568 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:03 AM

Best Buy just tried to bill my deactivated card for the MvC:I CE and is requiring an update and I'm on the fence.

Probably going to let it cancel.  It's rather bleh and a huge box for nothing really.

Even the statues I'd only care for ChunLi and Megaman.

The original pic with the fancy gems and dramatic lighting really highlight how CEs can be cleverly made to look really awesome and not be.  You see the same thing with art books shown laid down open and again upright in the background showing the cover, game and soundtrack split from their cases etc to make the CE look like it has a lot more shit in it than it does.

#1569 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:11 AM

Best Buy just tried to bill my deactivated card for the MvC:I CE and is requiring an update and I'm on the fence.

Probably going to let it cancel.  It's rather bleh and a huge box for nothing really.

The original pic with the fancy gems and dramatic lighting really highlight how CEs can be made to look really awesome and not be.  You see the same thing with art books shown laid down open and again upright in the background showing the cover, game and soundtrack split from their cases etc to make the CE look like it has allot of shit in it.

You are basically paying $110 for a shitty little glowing egg box and 4 figures that are likely also subpar quality. Hard pass for me, I just went with the deluxe

#1570 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:15 AM

Yeah no interest.  I need to reserve huge boxes for stuff I really like. Zelda, NNK, XBC, Tales, etc. anyway.  This is a "don't play around, order now think about it later" preorder that I never thought about lol.

#1571 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5213 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:33 AM

Didn't realize Amazon has Destiny 2 CE's in stock for XB1 and PS4 at this moment...Its a shame Number84 isn't interested.

Just wait for number 85 comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1572 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6978 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Boy, that MVC CE gave me some flashbacks to the Dragon Age Inquisition CE.  Quality has "Project Triforce" written all over it (dont know if they're the ones making it tho) 

#1573 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Boy, that MVC CE gave me some flashbacks to the Dragon Age Inquisition CE.  Quality has "Project Triforce" written all over it (dont know if they're the ones making it tho) 

Except the DA:I CE was actually not bad.

#1574 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Except the DA:I CE was actually not bad.

I liked that it was themed to be "in game."  I always appreciate the effort into those more than "hey kids here's  your statue and limited edition box!" 

#1575 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12215 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

The original pic with the fancy gems and dramatic lighting really highlight how CEs can be cleverly made to look really awesome and not be.  You see the same thing with art books shown laid down open and again upright in the background showing the cover, game and soundtrack split from their cases etc to make the CE look like it has a lot more shit in it than it does.

Canceled mine as well.  May end up picking it up eventually if it drops to the $75 range.  Won't be sad if I miss it.

#1576 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

I'm canceling MvC:I CE. The statues are nice, but the stones suck lol. The stones is the main reason I wanted it.

#1577 Kyle1022  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

The Pokeball N2DSXL and the Xenoblade 2 SE are preorderable in store at GameStop now. Just got one of each and canceled my online orders

#1578 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Got my Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite CE in the mail today and took a couple unboxing pics:

Spoiler

#1579 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

The Pokeball N2DSXL and the Xenoblade 2 SE are preorderable in store at GameStop now. Just got one of each and canceled my online orders

The pokeball is raised, correct?

#1580 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

Got my Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite CE in the mail today and took a couple unboxing pics:

Spoiler

Post pics with the light on.

#1581 Darkshado   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Not sure but it looks like the Xenoblade 2 Collector's edition is $60 at Target... it took a few tries to get the item to check out.

https://www.target.c...de Chronicles 2

Edit: Nevermind, it looks Target pulled the listing.

#1582 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Not sure but it looks like the Xenoblade 2 Collector's edition is $60 at Target... it took a few tries to get the item to check out.

So did your order stick for the CE at $60? 

#1583 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Not sure but it looks like the Xenoblade 2 Collector's edition is $60 at Target... it took a few tries to get the item to check out.

You'll get the standard edition. Don't bother.

#1584 Darkshado   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

So did your order stick for the CE at $60? 

Yes, I got an order through. I am not sure which edition I'll get but if it is the standard edition I'll just return it.

#1585 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Plan on it being the standard one. They've made this mistake repeatedly and I don't remember it being to anyone's benefit.

#1586 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

Never know. When they had the glitch for dishonored 2 preorder for $20 I threw down an order and I ended up getting it for that price. Worst comes to worst just bring it back to the store and return it. It most likely won't be the CE since Target doesn't carry a ton of CEs.

#1587 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5213 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

Wario tweeted it is the SE and supposedly a Target rep confirmed it was an error and they are honoring it. I got one in and now I'm glad I did. 40% off beats GCU.

#1588 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3519 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

Plan on it being the standard one. They've made this mistake repeatedly and I don't remember it being to anyone's benefit.

This one has a different DPCI from the standard one so it has a better chance of panning out.

#1589 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Wario tweeted it is the SE and supposedly a Target rep confirmed it was an error and they are honoring it. I got one in and now I'm glad I did. 40% off beats GCU.

Target reps don't know any more than we do. 

If you end up with it, you're awesome and a winner.  If you don't get the SE and end up with the standard version, it'll be Target doing what they do well with CE/SE/LEs going up for the first time, Fuck up the posting and use the wrong DPCI #. 

#1590 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10549 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Just wait for number 85 comes along.

I actually already have a Number85, my daughter.  However no more after that...This guy made it official:  https://www.urologyt...r-richard-chopp

Ok, not him personally, but I like the name.