* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#2071 Tothoro  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Looks like my Fire Emblem SE is going to miss release date delivery as well. That's 4/5 for BestBuy missing their release date delivery for me. I think I'll be sticking with Amazon in the future unless something is eligible for GCU and not the 20% Prime discount.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#2072 akgamerx  

akgamerx

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

My Fire Emblem SE order from Best Buy got delayed and I won't receive until 10/24 now. I used the online chat to demand for some compensation and they would not give it to me, so I had to call in to their support number. They say on their end they still see expected delivery date is 10/20 even though I got an email saying my order was delayed and the tracker number says 10/24, so the representative told me to call back tomorrow again if the game doesn't come in.

Hopefully they give me some gift card for their screw up.

What an asshole, go away.

#2073 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8208 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

Looks like my Fire Emblem SE is going to miss release date delivery as well. That's 4/5 for BestBuy missing their release date delivery for me. I think I'll be sticking with Amazon in the future unless something is eligible for GCU and not the 20% Prime discount.

Yup ... mine wont be here till next week Wednesday?  WTF

#2074 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10540 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

I've missed a lot more release date deliveries with Amazon with Best Buy, so I will be sticking with BB.  Not to mention the Reward points are a nice bonus.  That said I also got the delivery delay email from BB about the Fire Emblem Warriors SE, though my delay is supposedly only until Saturday and I actually wouldn't be surprised if it got delivered on Friday since I've had next day delivery on several items that were shipped later than expected from BB.

#2075 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Accidentally ordered two extra Special editions. Two coming tomorrow, one on Saturday. 

#2076 Barney   Barnito Knows Best! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

any deals on the dbz fighterz collectors edition? :)

Posted Image

#2077 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

I'll have my FE SE tomorrow or Saturday in time to cancel my Smashazon backup order.

#2078 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

I feel like I'm the only one who decided to cancel my SE preorder lol.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Overwatch/Bloodborne/Transistor   ::   :vita: Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni  ::   :3ds: Pokemon Moon

#2079 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

I feel like I'm the only one who decided to cancel my SE preorder lol.

Nope, same here. Cheap box and a bunch of characters cards with no info priced me right out as someone who is just interested in playing the game.

#2080 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Nope, same here. Cheap box and a bunch of characters cards with no info priced me right out as someone who is just interested in playing the game.

The three disc OST more than justifies the extra cost for me. Though a better box and character cards would have been nice.

#2081 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:19 AM

The three disc OST more than justifies the extra cost for me. Though a better box and character cards would have been nice.

Yeah, definitely the highlight and if I knew the music better I might have kept it.

#2082 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11038 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:19 AM

Just got emails saying my FE Warriors SE and Chrom Amiibo were ready for pickup today at Best Buy. My Tiki should be coming Monday or Tuesday from Walmart. Also had $5 down at Gamestop as a backup as well to be safe incase it was rare. Really couldnt pass on a Fire Emblem SE since I have managed to get the others so far (And I am super hyped for this anyway).

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#2083 Tothoro  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

Yup ... mine wont be here till next week Wednesday?  WTF

Same for me. It's not that I need the game by release day, but when packages come via UPS I need to know in advance when they're coming so I can work from home to receive them. UPS won't just leave stuff by my door, and if I'm not there to receive it after the first attempt they take it to an Access Point ~15 minutes away the following business day.

I've missed a lot more release date deliveries with Amazon with Best Buy, so I will be sticking with BB.  Not to mention the Reward points are a nice bonus.  That said I also got the delivery delay email from BB about the Fire Emblem Warriors SE, though my delay is supposedly only until Saturday and I actually wouldn't be surprised if it got delivered on Friday since I've had next day delivery on several items that were shipped later than expected from BB.

I've only missed one release day shipping window from Amazon, and they compensated me with a free month of Prime automatically. The BBY rewards points are pretty darn nice, but I don't think they're worth it for me personally since their actual delivery windows seem to be all over the place.

#2084 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5101 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

Not getting your order on release day? Sounds like another win for in-store pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2085 Tothoro  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Not getting your order on release day? Sounds like another win for in-store pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'd known release day delivery really meant delivery five days after release, I certainly would've opted for in-store pickup,

#2086 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13912 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone know where I can find gameplay or a video review of the NEW 3DS version of FE Warriors? Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#2087 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6256 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

Thanks Amazon! :puke:

IMG_3873.jpg

I'm glad I actually ordered 3 copies this time (2 from BB) and forgot to cancel two of them.  It's too bad because it's Nintendo's fault before anyone else, but I'm going to get one in good condition. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#2088 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Thanks Amazon! :puke:

IMG_3873.jpg

I'm glad I actually ordered 3 copies this time (2 from BB) and forgot to cancel two of them.  It's too bad because it's Nintendo's fault before anyone else, but I'm going to get one in good condition.

Lmao. I ordered 2 and Amazon sent them in a freaking bubble mailerimage.jpg

#2089 ihadmail  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

I can't believe it.

Amazon.de shipped my evil within 2 steelbook in this thin cardboard envelope, absolutely no damage or crushing at all!!!!!

IMG_8210.JPG

#2090 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13001 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Almost feel bad for people who get crushed Amazon orders but can't feel sorry for the "fool me ten times. . ." syndrome in here.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2091 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5191 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Almost feel bad for people who get crushed Amazon orders but can't feel sorry for the "fool me ten times. . ." syndrome in here.

Those two CE sent in a bubble mailer is a new low even for Amazon, but I wish I could say I was surprised. LOL

#2092 electricsheep81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

electricsheep81

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

my Fire Emblem Warriors CE arrived today from amazon and holy crap, this is probably the most damaged item that I've ever received from them. Arrived in a padded envelope, smashed with the bottom of the box literally ripped open and the all the content fallen out of it.

Ugh, the box that the game came in is pretty flimsy, but man, this is pretty bad.

I just canceled my Xenoblade SE preorder with them and put one it at BB.

#2093 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Those two CE sent in a bubble mailer is a new low even for Amazon, but I wish I could say I was surprised. LOL

Lol, definitely is. Talked to Amazon’s customer service and I’m sending one back and they gave me a $32 refund on the other. Wanted to keep one sealed and open one to play but I guess I’ll take one for $32. They told me though that they have taken down inventory for this due to numerous customer complaints. Then, the fact that these were 2 different orders but they decided to try to save shipping costs by sending them together, really is crazy. Glad this CE isn’t rare.

#2094 electricsheep81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

electricsheep81

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

I contacted amazon and their not able to do a replacement for the Fire Emblem Warriors SE, because they don't have any in stock and their not sure if they'll be getting more. They offered to refund 30%, which seems fair. I'm debating if I should take the 30% and keep the game or send it back and buy it somewhere else.

I'll probably keep it though, because the the cards and soundtrack are in good shape.

#2095 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5191 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:23 PM

Lol, definitely is. Talked to Amazon’s customer service and I’m sending one back and they gave me a $32 refund on the other. Wanted to keep one sealed and open one to play but I guess I’ll take one for $32. They told me though that they have taken down inventory for this due to numerous customer complaints. Then, the fact that these were 2 different orders but they decided to try to save shipping costs by sending them together, really is crazy. Glad this CE isn’t rare.

My last situation like this came with the Majora's Mask CE for the 3DS, and I ended up getting about $200 worth of stuff for free. As a supervisor promised me my order would be sent alone(as I had a big order pending), and if it wasn't, contact him and he would comp any thing that was damaged. Of course everything was shipped together in one box(heavy items, with fragile ones), and if an item had any imperfections at all, I put it on the list. I had an Amiibo for my son in the order, that he was just going to open and throw away the package, but it was damaged, so I claimed it as damaged, which it was.

So he stayed true to his word, but that was when I learned CS and shipping are two entirely different entities at Amazon, that have zero level of communication between the two. Now I only order items from them if I have no other choice, or if I know they will have long term inventory and I can get replacements. They'll end up dropping it from their site, due to all the damages for investigations, but they are the ones causing the issues and not some manufacturing defect, but as shown "N" is shipping these poorly as well, which is also damaging boxes, so its a lesser of two evils argument at this point I'm sure.

#2096 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

My fire emblem came squashed in a bubble mailer too lol. Whatever, I'm not bothered as much anymore.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#2097 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

My last situation like this came with the Majora's Mask CE for the 3DS, and I ended up getting about $200 worth of stuff for free. As a supervisor promised me my order would be sent alone(as I had a big order pending), and if it wasn't, contact him and he would comp any thing that was damaged. Of course everything was shipped together in one box(heavy items, with fragile ones), and if an item had any imperfections at all, I put it on the list. I had an Amiibo for my son in the order, that he was just going to open and throw away the package, but it was damaged, so I claimed it as damaged, which it was.

So he stayed true to his word, but that was when I learned CS and shipping are two entirely different entities at Amazon, that have zero level of communication between the two. Now I only order items from them if I have no other choice, or if I know they will have long term inventory and I can get replacements. They'll end up dropping it from their site, due to all the damages for investigations, but they are the ones causing the issues and not some manufacturing defect, but as shown "N" is shipping these poorly as well, which is also damaging boxes, so its a lesser of two evils argument at this point I'm sure.

Yeah, my 2 Majora Mask CEs came messed up from Amazon as seen in the photo. Think they refunded almost my whole total. The big problem is that I hear that people get banned from for multiple returns but it’s always their fault yet, they will basically blame the customer when their at fault.image.jpg

#2098 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Amazon will have at least 1 in stock when I let mine cancel for not updating payment method after I check my Best Buy copies today.

#2099 Kyle1022  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

They'll end up dropping it from their site, due to all the damages for investigations, but they are the ones causing the issues and not some manufacturing defect, but as shown "N" is shipping these poorly as well, which is also damaging boxes, so its a lesser of two evils argument at this point I'm sure.

Periods, man

#2100 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5191 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, my 2 Majora Mask CEs came messed up from Amazon as seen in the photo. Think they refunded almost my whole total. The big problem is that I hear that people get banned from for multiple returns but it’s always their fault yet, they will basically blame the customer when their at fault.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've heard that mentioned here before, but my returns compared to what I order and keep is rather small. And with my Majora's Mask order, I didn't return any of it, as the supervisor told me before hand he would refund me, and I could keep whatever was damaged.

Periods, man

Since your my grammar teacher, why don't you correct my post, and give me a star for trying my best..........ASS! :dunce: