* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#2341 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2188 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

I wonder how much of the guide they finished before they had to cancel.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#2342 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6215 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

That really makes me sad about the Nioh guide...

been checking the amazon listing a few times every month. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#2343 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3112 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Playstation Gear Store has a preorder up for an exclusive edition of The Art of God of War. $79.99. Comes out June 30, 2018 (though that might be a placeholder date).

224 pages

Clamshell case

2 gallery prints

book-gow-artof-spread.jpg

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2344 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Kind of off topic but received my first First 4 Figures statue today (Tanooki Mario) and damn, this has definitely turned me off from these cheap ass statues we get in majority of these video game CEs. Going to definitely slow down on buying these CEs now with statues and buy more statues like this.

#2345 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

Kind of off topic but received my first First 4 Figures statue today (Tanooki Mario) and damn, this has definitely turned me off from these cheap ass statues we get in majority of these video game CEs. Going to definitely slow down on buying these CEs now with statues and buy more statues like this.

Yeah, they are pretty good. I've sold several of their pieces over the years for a friend of mine, and I always found the quality to be top notch. The prices are a little on the high side though, as most of their gaming related pieces can be rather "basic" in details.

My last personal buy from them was the Star Fox one, and it was very nice as well, but I ended up selling due to financial issues at the time. And while I thought it was a great piece, once again, price was an issue overall for me personally.

#2346 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, they are pretty good. I've sold several of their pieces over the years for a friend of mine, and I always found the quality to be top notch. The prices are a little on the high side though, as most of their gaming related pieces can be rather "basic" in details.

My last personal buy from them was the Star Fox one, and it was very nice as well, but I ended up selling due to financial issues at the time. And while I thought it was a great piece, once again, price was an issue overall for me personally.

Yeah, some prices seem pretty high. I really want that Bowser statue they are releasing which is giant, but damn, $700. Any other sites that sell Nintendo related statues like these?

#2347 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   845 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

On another note, if you missed out on the Retro City Rampage Switch CE, Vblank will be putting up remaining copies that were “held back” Monday 11/20 at 12pm ET.

#2348 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, some prices seem pretty high. I really want that Bowser statue they are releasing which is giant, but damn, $700. Any other sites that sell Nintendo related statues like these?

It just depends on the characters, and who it is company wise. Gamestop had a Star Fox statue awhile back, but the reviews said the quality was terrible. "N" themselves used to offer some decent items at Club N, but that is long gone. Japan and EU may offer statues on their sites, but NoA is ass and then some, so nothing to be had here.

First4Figures seems to be best currently, as they have some type of Licensing deal, but Think Geek has a lot of "N" merch, so maybe check there to. Import places might also be a good place to try, as I'm sure Japan has tons of great items across many price ranges.

#2349 Tothoro  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:12 AM

The only time I bought from F4F my statue arrived broken and they asked me to pay the return shipping to Japan for a refund minus the shipping they initially charged me (they didn't even offer me an exchange). I don't remember what the cost was, but I remember it was obscenely high (I was in high school at the time and couldn't afford it). So now I'm stuck with a decapitated F4F Fierce Deity Link in my closet.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#2350 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:38 AM

The only time I bought from F4F my statue arrived broken and they asked me to pay the return shipping to Japan for a refund minus the shipping they initially charged me (they didn't even offer me an exchange). I don't remember what the cost was, but I remember it was obscenely high (I was in high school at the time and couldn't afford it). So now I'm stuck with a decapitated F4F Fierce Deity Link in my closet.

Oh hell no, that's unacceptable. I hate places that try to charge return cost for their screw ups. I would have gotten my CC company involved in a situation like that, as hopefully they could have worked something out. But who knows? I would definitely black listed them after something like that, no question.

#2351 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

imo the F4F policies are very customer unfriendly and have turned me off from buying from them but a lot of their figures are impressive. That $700 Bowser is epic.

#2352 Tothoro  

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:00 AM

Oh hell no, that's unacceptable. I hate places that try to charge return cost for their screw ups. I would have gotten my CC company involved in a situation like that, as hopefully they could have worked something out. But who knows? I would definitely black listed them after something like that, no question.

Unfortunately, I was in high school at the time and didn't understand the intricacies of eCommerce. This was also 2006, when eCommerce was still a weird mess. I wish I'd taken the time to have more follow-through, though, as the FDL statue is worth thousands now (and it was originally $130).

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#2353 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

Unfortunately, I was in high school at the time and didn't understand the intricacies of eCommerce. This was also 2006, when eCommerce was still a weird mess. I wish I'd taken the time to have more follow-through, though, as the FDL statue is worth thousands now (and it was originally $130).

I feel your pain, as we all live and learn. I was lucky back in high school, as that was when I first started ordering bootleg music disc from the backs of trade papers. I would send funds to Italy, and then wait to get my product sent. Amazingly I never got burned, but it easily could have happened.

#2354 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:40 AM

With Project Octopath going up for preorder on Amazon, I would expect a CE announcement soon. But as it is a Square title, it will be a SE store exclusive, come with a "Project Octopath Juicer" and be $450 (We are only making 5,000!).

Truth is the hype is building for this game, so it will prolly sell out VERY quickly.

#2355 ihadmail  

ihadmail

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

With Project Octopath going up for preorder on Amazon, I would expect a CE announcement soon. But as it is a Square title, it will be a SE store exclusive, come with a "Project Octopath Juicer" and be $450 (We are only making 5,000!).
Truth is the hype is building for this game, so it will prolly sell out VERY quickly.

Have you played the demo? The hype isn't unwarranted for an RPG fan.

I've been waiting for this since playing Bravely Default.

#2356 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Have you played the demo? The hype isn't unwarranted for an RPG fan.

I've been waiting for this since playing Bravely Default.

I still have too, I know its good. I can't wait

#2357 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5311 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

I didn't expect this game until mid to late 2018, so I hope the amazon preorder is a sign that it'll be sooner than that.  The demo was excellent, so this is one SE store exclusive that I will very likely jump on, depending on content, of course.  

946009.png  

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#2358 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

https://store.na.squ...r-s-edition-ps4

The Dissidia FF NT UCE added collectible cards for pre-ordering. Not sure if current pre-orders get them added or if you have to cancel and pre-order again.

#2359 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4094 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:21 AM

https://store.na.squ...r-s-edition-ps4

The Dissidia FF NT UCE added collectible cards for pre-ordering. Not sure if current pre-orders get them added or if you have to cancel and pre-order again.

I'm guessing the GameStop ones get it too?

#2360 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8187 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:31 AM

https://www.dualshoc...kuni-2-trailer/

#2361 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

https://www.dualshoc...kuni-2-trailer/

Combat looks good! Im currently playing through the first one and the combat can be a little frustrating with my non controllable party members getting in my way/bad mana usage/etc.