* * * * - 13 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#2641 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

Considering using Tenso but I'm not familiar with it. How are the costs? 

I've used Tenso. Usually for one item alone it's expensive but if you use 3-4 items together it's worthwhile.

Once Amazon JPN shipped to US I never used it again though.

#2642 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

Do they still do that thing where they add prime discount after the fact if you order early?  or did they stop giving discounts on CEs?

#2643 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Do they still do that thing where they add prime discount after the fact if you order early? or did they stop giving discounts on CEs?

No more discounts on collectors.

#2644 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

No more discounts on collectors.

some still have it, but to be more precise, I still have never had a prime discount apply retroactively. Ive always had to cancel and reorder in the event a game does get it. 

#2645 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5793 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

some still have it, but to be more precise, I still have never had a prime discount apply retroactively. Ive always had to cancel and reorder in the event a game does get it. 

As long as it's showing the 20% in the item description, all you have to do is change the shipping speed (or even just keep it the same as long as you are actually clicking on the change button) and the discount will apply.  

#2646 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

Damn; SotC pre-order isn’t currently available via Amazon. Hopefully they’ll put more up.

Edit : Pre-order is available again :

https://www.amazon.c...he colossus ps4

#2647 Tauro_Fc  

Tauro_Fc

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

I hope there is switch sale next week, so I can get that mk8 steelbook.

#2648 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

Am I the only one who thought Bayonetta was average at best?

#2649 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:38 AM

Am I the only one who thought Bayonetta was average at best?

Yes, just you

#2650 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

It's the poor man's Devil May Cry. Not counting DMC which isn't the poor man's anything.

#2651 psihog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Amazon UK restocked Bayonetta SE and ships to US

https://www.amazon.c...duct/B077ZKSYYL

#2652 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Amazon UK restocked Bayonetta SE and ships to US

https://www.amazon.c...duct/B077ZKSYYL

Thanks! Says item does not ship to US but went through this time for me.

#2653 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Thanks! Says item does not ship to US but went through this time for me.

No physical Bayonetta 1

#2654 alucardus   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

alucardus

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

No physical Bayonetta 1

I can live with that. Really wanted the steel book. And certainly
cheaper then the Jpn version so it’s a wash for me.

#2655 AxyzN  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

JP SE Bayo 1 is physical? and are Switch codes region-free if I buy UK version?

#2656 Aleth   Shhhhh...I'm waiting... CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

JP SE Bayo 1 is physical? and are Switch codes region-free if I buy UK version?

Japan will have both game cards it seems.

Codes for the Switch are region locked, but the system is not. So you’ll just have to create an UK account and redeem it there.

#2657 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6190 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Codes for the Switch are region locked, but the system is not. So you’ll just have to create an UK account and redeem it there.

can u have multiple region accounts on the Switch like PS4?

#2658 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

The Longest 5 Minutes LE on NIS now shows a release date of 2/13/18. 

It's also down to less than 5% remaining. 

#2659 Robert5758   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Robert5758

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Mafia 3 Collector's Edition for both systems on sale for $25 on 2K store. $1.99 shipping

http://store.2k.com/...ctID.1509579900

#2660 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

source?

#2661 edogawa  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

I'm really hoping to grab a Japanese Bayonetta Special edition but I'm afraid I've already missed my chance.

#2662 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6290 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

I'm really hoping to grab a Japanese Bayonetta Special edition but I'm afraid I've already missed my chance.

I was considering it, but I can't pull the trigger until I know 100% both games will have an English option. There may be more chances closer to release, so don't panic yet.

"N" should produce these based on the demand currently, but we all know how they work in regards to proper stock levels. But since most of their systems have been region locked for awhile now, I haven't imported anything from Japan is ages. So lets hope they do a better job over there, than NoA does here, as they suck and then some.

#2663 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

I got an order in at amazon UK for the bayonetta CE but I think I'm going to cancel it.  I really don't like the ratings logos splattered all over their box.  I'll get the JP version when it comes back in stock, or not get one at all since these games don't come with carts for Bayonetta 1. 

#2664 edogawa  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

I was under the impression that the Japanese version comes with a physical copy of Bayonetta 1, which s the main reason I'm interested in that version over the European release.

#2665 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2808 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

I was under the impression that the Japanese version comes with a physical copy of Bayonetta 1, which s the main reason I'm interested in that version over the European release.

The CE does, don't believe the vanilla copy does.

#2666 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

The CE does, don't believe the vanilla copy does.

People keep saying this.   Where does it say that?

I've read several articles from all of the usual suspects and don't see any mention of the JP version having a cart anywhere. 

http://www.siliconer...revealed-japan/

"In Japan, Bayonetta will only be available as a digital version for 3,480 yen plus tax."
"It includes the games"
"In Japan, Bayonetta will be released digitally for 3,480 yen, while Bayonetta 2 will be released physically and digitally for 5,980 yen."

For the love of god can we get a source?  One that says the JP version has Bayonetta 1 on a cart plskthx. Because I don't think this is the case. 

#2667 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

I think everyone's going off of the photo of the maximum climax edition having a case for Bayonetta 1 and a case for Bayonetta 2 shown in the same photo. 

#2668 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

Ok, I found it.  But I don't necessarily believe it because it's just IGN sourcing Polygon of all places lol

http://www.ign.com/a...urope-and-japan

"Japan will also receive a special edition, called the Non-Stop Climax Edition. This version includes physical game cards for both Bayonetta 1 and 2, according to Polygon"

https://www.polygon....x-edition-japan

"Nintendo is releasing a deluxe edition bundle of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 that not only includes those two games on Nintendo Switch game cards, it also includes a nice SteelBook case, 22 physical Verse cards and three sheets full of Bayonetta stickers."

I'd still like to see a more credible source.  Because Polygon is the only one that states "JP physical cart", and no one else does. 

If this is true, the JP set is definitely the one to own.

#2669 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6290 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

I think everyone's going off of the photo of the maximum climax edition having a case for Bayonetta 1 and a case for Bayonetta 2 shown in the same photo. 

Yeah, this is what I was going off of as well. Why show a case for a game if it's digital only? So if the pic is accurate, I think it should be physical. Japan also gets a lot of physical options, where there was none for other regions. So I wouldn't be surprised if B1 gets a physical option, as having a CE like this, with a digital code for a full retail game is kind of ass to be honest.

I can see the standard release having it as a code, as it's kind of a bonus item with B2. But to have a CE and then offer a digital code is really missing the point of the market something like this is aimed at in the first place. A CE can pretty much have any cost attached to it, so why not include it and add the extra cost to the overall price? Just seems like a HUGE misstep to me, but when it comes to "N", nothing ever surprises me anymore.

#2670 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2808 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Ok, I found it.  But I don't necessarily believe it because it's just IGN sourcing Polygon of all places lol

http://www.ign.com/a...urope-and-japan

"Japan will also receive a special edition, called the Non-Stop Climax Edition. This version includes physical game cards for both Bayonetta 1 and 2, according to Polygon"

https://www.polygon....x-edition-japan

"Nintendo is releasing a deluxe edition bundle of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 that not only includes those two games on Nintendo Switch game cards, it also includes a nice SteelBook case, 22 physical Verse cards and three sheets full of Bayonetta stickers."

I'd still like to see a more credible source.  Because Polygon is the only one that states "JP physical cart", and no one else does. 

If this is true, the JP set is definitely the one to own.

From Nintendo Japan 

· "Bayonetta ∞ CLIMAX EDITION" (package version only)

Release date: February 17, 2018 (Saturday)

Price: 9,980 yen (excluding tax)

Includes: Nintendo Switch software "Beyonetta" "Beyonetta 2"

Nintendo Switch Card Case Steel Book Specification

22 cards of worth card

3 original stickers

※ In the My Nintendo Store , "Bonus Only Edition" will also be sold.

Standard

· "Bayonetta" (download version only)

Price: 3,480 yen (excluding tax)

· "Beyonetta 2" (package version · download version)

Price: 5,980 yen (excluding tax)

Also from Amazon.jp and Nintendo, doesn't look like Bayonetta comes with Bayonetta 2 in Japan. As they have different listings: https://www.amazon.c...ords=ベヨネッタ&th=1

They don't list Bayonetta 1 in the climax edition as a download, but as a "package". In the vanilla listings on Nintendo Japan's site they list that Bayonetta 2 has a package edition and a download one, and standalone that bayonetta 1 only has a download. But in the Climax it says package.