Official Collector's Edition Compilation VIII - 2017 & 2018

#2671 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

Ni no Kuni 2 delayed til March 23

#2672 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

I have a Tenso account and cannot for the life of me figure out everything that I need to put into the address fields when signing up to order from Nintendo. 

Can someone please help? 

#2673 hedliniv   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

hedliniv

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

I have a Tenso account and cannot for the life of me figure out everything that I need to put into the address fields when signing up to order from Nintendo. 

Can someone please help? 

I would be VERY interested in this as well as I am in the same situation!

#2674 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

Thanks Amazon , received my ce xenoblade for the switch but shipped without a box. Labels pasted all over and crushed to death and torn.

Here's one pic 4cf63988866940eba25a0384e05ebae4.jpg

#2675 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

Thanks Amazon , received my ce xenoblade for the switch but shipped without a box. Labels pasted all over and crushed to death and torn.

The Amazon inspected sticker means it was a return or damaged item. Did you buy from Warehouse deals? My Zelda special edition came that way, I complained and got $20 off.

#2676 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

The Amazon inspected sticker means it was a return or damaged item. Did you buy from Warehouse deals? My Zelda special edition came that way, I complained and got $20 off.

Warehouse deals

But they didn't even ship it in a box!

#2677 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

Warehouse deals

But they didn't even ship it in a box!

Yeah that's real shitty. I had ordered another warehouse deals Zelda Special Edition. It arrived with no game or coin inside and all the items were used. Not worth $80 bucks for that so I'm returning it.

#2678 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:17 AM

Can someone please help?

Did you check out the tutorials on their website? Should be able to match up the correct sections to fill out even if you don't know Japanese.

#2679 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2808 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:30 AM

Amazon.com needs to learn from Amazon.jp. everything I've ever ordered there comes amazingly well packed.

#2680 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

Did you check out the tutorials on their website? Should be able to match up the correct sections to fill out even if you don't know Japanese.

Yes. I was able to piece together most of it, but with the amount of money I'd be wasting if something was wrong I am not willing to guess on the portions that didn't fully translate for me using Google Translate. 

I sent screenshots to Tenso asking for help from them. Hopefully I'll get a reply before it's unavailable at the Nintendo website. 

#2681 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11315 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

All I can say is "wow" to this.  It's like they don't even care anymore.

#2682 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:15 AM

All I can say is "wow" to this. It's like they don't even care anymore.

It's actually much worse
But the rest is labeled with my personal info.
I called and they offered a discounted 10%

#2683 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

All I can say is "wow" to this.  It's like they don't even care anymore.

What in the actual Shaq Fu. Disgusting. I'd send it back immediately.

#2684 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10516 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

And now the most WTF Collectors Edition of 2017.  $109. 

Spoiler

https://www.amazon.c...Collectors&th=1

I dunno...MAYBE 10 years ago and $30 cheaper.  But this is a head scratcher.

Don't get me wrong, its a really good game.  I bought it new when it first came out!

#2685 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

I remember when Amazon packaged really well all the time like 7-8 years ago. Collector edition games and guides would be shrinkwrapped to a flat thick piece of cardboard that was slightly larger than the game itself. Then that would be put in a box that was the same size as the flat cardboard piece. The item could not move at all in the box and there was space around the game as well. I specifically remember Demon Souls CE coming in like this. The game was perfect condition upon arrival. Obviously this method takes more time and effort, but I never worried about damage from shipping.

#2686 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6280 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

I remember when Amazon packaged really well all the time like 7-8 years ago. Collector edition games and guides would be shrinkwrapped to a flat thick piece of cardboard that was slightly larger than the game itself. Then that would be put in a box that was the same size as the flat cardboard piece. The item could not move at all in the box and there was space around the game as well. I specifically remember Demon Souls CE coming in like this. The game was perfect condition upon arrival. Obviously this method takes more time and effort, but I never worried about damage from shipping.

I used to get stuff packaged like that from Amazon, but that was just for average items actually. Maybe a game here and there, but mostly ass shipping as it is now. I do agree it was better back then overall, but I never thought it was great, as even back then, I got damages all the time.

#2687 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13461 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

Bezos needed that extra push to be a $1 billion dollar man! IDC what people say about him, his company has gone to shit and all the exposés coming out now about working conditions need to be investigated. They're truly the Walmart of online.

#2688 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

I used to get stuff packaged like that from Amazon, but that was just for average items actually. Maybe a game here and there, but mostly ass shipping as it is now. I do agree it was better back then overall, but I never thought it was great, as even back then, I got damages all the time.

I think it varied as more fulfillment centers opened up.  They obviously did care about the condition of the item early on.  I remember Amazon was a problem-free experience back then for the most part.  Then it slowly devolved.  The shrink-wrapping to a piece of cardboard stopped and they started relying on cardboard mailers.  Then the cardboard mailers disappeared and media goes in a plastic bag.  Probably over half of the media I buy comes with some kind of damage (my spend has decreased dramatically).  It does show a complete lack of caring about item condition.  I get why - they know that most customers aren't going to return something for a crushed corner and will only care if the item actually works.  I just keep returning - I know many are scared of being banned, which I've always found ridiculous... being scared of a retailer blacklisting you because they provide poor packaging.  I don't tolerate damage due to poor packaging and won't - if they want less returns, they can package better... 

Every once in awhile (maybe once a year), I'll get something well packaged and be in shock, hoping they changed.  Nope.  There must just be some fulfillment centers out there that package well and I rarely receive something from them.  

I'll never order a Nintendo CE from Amazon.  A CE would have to be large enough to not fit in an envelope before I'd even risk it.  There was a time when I would've thought Xenoblade wouldn't be envelope worthy, but not anymore.  

#2689 NeoMonk  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

They just put a shipping label on it? damn that's ghetto lol

I returned the crushed one I got from BB and asked them to exchange it, The new one I got is still kinda dented but not as bad as the original one i got so I'll keep it.

#2690 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6280 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

I think it varied as more fulfillment centers opened up.  They obviously did care about the condition of the item early on.  I remember Amazon was a problem-free experience back then for the most part.  Then it slowly devolved.  The shrink-wrapping to a piece of cardboard stopped and they started relying on cardboard mailers.  Then the cardboard mailers disappeared and media goes in a plastic bag.  Probably over half of the media I buy comes with some kind of damage (my spend has decreased dramatically).  It does show a complete lack of caring about item condition.  I get why - they know that most customers aren't going to return something for a crushed corner and will only care if the item actually works.  I just keep returning - I know many are scared of being banned, which I've always found ridiculous... being scared of a retailer blacklisting you because they provide poor packaging.  I don't tolerate damage due to poor packaging and won't - if they want less returns, they can package better...  

Yeah, you may be right on the fulfillment centers, as we got ours awhile back. But like I said, my packaging was never that great to start with, so I can't say for sure having a center in my town made it worse. I do miss my tax free items, as once they opened shop here, that went away ASAP! LOL

The one benefit I've seen of having a center locally, is that I have gotten several items in the last year in bubble mailers, and the damage rate has been very low. As they use their own drivers to deliver, so it's thrown in a mailer, then handed off to the driver, then I get it. So it takes USPS, FedEX and UPS and there poor handling out of the equation, and the results have been rather good honestly.

I'm of the same mind set as well in regards to reporting damages, as being banned never enters my mind. My returned items make up maybe 1% of my years purchases which are easily well in to the thousands. I get all kinds of stuff damaged, but I keep it most of the time, as condition is not an issue for most things. Amazon also sends out those packaging survey's which are a complete joke, as I swear for everyone I've ever filled out, their shipping has gotten worse and worse.

#2691 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   677 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

[Vers. 3.7] - 12/13/17

Recap of last few weeks. CEs looking strong next year. 

#2692 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

And now the most WTF Collectors Edition of 2017.  $109. 

Spoiler

https://www.amazon.c...Collectors&th=1

I dunno...MAYBE 10 years ago and $30 cheaper.  But this is a head scratcher.

Don't get me wrong, its a really good game.  I bought it new when it first came out!

I saw this game listed on Gamefly a while ago, and figured it must be another game with the same name.  I'm really excited to grab this game, but I don't think I'll go for the CE.  I think the standard edition is only supposed to be 30 bucks.  Also, I'm shocked they didn't get the new expansion ready for the console launch and include that in the CE.

#2693 LordMaloysius  

LordMaloysius

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

https://www.amazon.c...K76ZH344YJ&th=1

South Park: The Fractured but Whole Remote Control Coon Mobile Bundle - PlayStation 4 $77.99 from $189.99

#2694 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5060 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:51 AM

[Vers. 3.7] - 12/13/17

Recap of last few weeks. CEs looking strong next year. 

Whats the difference between Amazon JP 1 and Amazon JP2 listing for Bayonetta?

#2695 elessar123  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:53 AM

Whats the difference between Amazon JP 1 and Amazon JP2 listing for Bayonetta?

Amazon.co.jp exclusive bonus cards, which is the sku that doesn't ship directly to the US.

#2696 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:23 AM

25th Ward / Silver Case bundle is back in stock at NIS.

They must have only a few available. 0-5% available now, they were showing sold out yesterday. 

EDIT: GONE!

#2697 ihadmail   Banned Banned   1038 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ihadmail

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory Exemplary Edition :switch:

Available 2018

https://store.nisame...nintendo-switch

fl_us_nsw_full.jpg

#2698 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

Ughhh why do all the CEs I want have to be Japanese imports. Would love to know if the Dragon's Crown one would have an English menu option but there's probably no way to tell until closer to release eh?

#2699 diplo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

Do you think the Shadow of the Colossus SE is going to be limited?

#2700 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4082 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:38 AM

Shadow of the Colossus CE up on Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6175648