GameStop: Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Limited Steelbook Edition $39.99

It's a cool steelbook, good thing they didn't go with a LE pin again like kingdom hearts.
Yeah, and it includes the uncompressed OST as well. FFXII handled its LE and Collector's Edition properly.

I can't believe they went with an LE pin with KH again! I have one from the PS3 version, didn't bite for PS4. Just waiting for cheap standard edition on BF. Here's hoping KH3 gets a steelbook.

Yeah, and it includes the uncompressed OST as well. FFXII handled its LE and Collector's Edition properly.

I can't believe they went with an LE pin with KH again! I have one from the PS3 version, didn't bite for PS4. Just waiting for cheap standard edition on BF. Here's hoping KH3 gets a steelbook.
The standard Ed. doesn't have this or did you meant remixed soundtrack? I noticed the LE disc inside the LE is a actually different from the standard ed disc as seen from unboxing videos.

The standard Ed. doesn't have this or did you meant remixed soundtrack? I noticed the LE disc inside the LE is a actually different from the standard ed disc as seen from unboxing videos.
Haven't received my copies yet, but per the description...."digital code to unlock the original soundtrack background music option in-game."

I'm such a sucker for this stuff. Told myself I wasn't spending more than 25 on this remaster since I already played it back in the day, but I can't resist the soundtrack options so I'll pay the 40 with prime

Had a $10 credit for ordering through Alexa on Prime Day so figured WTH? And grabbed this. Was on the fence on the remaster but $30 and a steel book pushed me over the edge.

Haven't received my copies yet, but per the description...."digital code to unlock the original soundtrack background music option in-game."
I used my code last night. The game gave me music three options, in the following order: "Original" "Reorchestrated" or "OST". No idea the difference between "Original" and "OST".

CZYQtTP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used my code last night. The game gave me music three options, in the following order: "Original" "Reorchestrated" or "OST". No idea the difference between "Original" and "OST".

CZYQtTP.jpg
If I remember correctly "Original" is the standard PS2 soundtrack that had compressed audio due to system /disc limitations for its time.

OST is the same audio, but at a much greater quality...basically uncompressed. That's what I plan on using for my first run. Then modern remix for second run.

That sucks man....I feel your pain. But at least blu-ray discs are much harder to scratch.

Any collateral damage to the disc?
I don't open my games until I get around to playing them (in case I decide to dump them beforehand- higher return on eBay if sealed) generally- not really worried about disc damage, never had a disc get damaged from being loose inside the case honestly, even during the rare instances it happened in the PS2/GC days. Just annoying that I had to fix so many PS4 games for this issue... and it's much harder to fix with CEs/SBs.

My Gamestop had just put some of the steelbooks out that weren't picked up for preorders.  I used the PUR guide coupon to get the CE Hardcover guide for an extra $0.99.  

I just ordered one off Newegg.  I really wish I hadn't waited til the last minute when I was pretty sure I wanted this.  Would have been great to get it for $40 from prime.

I just ordered one off Newegg. I really wish I hadn't waited til the last minute when I was pretty sure I wanted this. Would have been great to get it for $40 from prime.
I did the same, I even saw the restock this morning on Amazon and didn't pull the trigger..

Edit: Heads up, it's back in stock again on Amazon, just grabbed a copy.

It's a cool steelbook, good thing they didn't go with a LE pin again like kingdom hearts.
The pins are likely a Disney thing. People collect them and some of the rarer ones go for a big chunk of change.

I just got an email from amazon (benfit confirmation) saying:

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing "Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age" Use the code provided to unlock your pre-order bonus.

..the code is 16 characters.  xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

How do I even redeem this on psn?  Ha, I didn't even know there was a preorder bonus

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing "Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age" Use the code provided to unlock your pre-order bonus.

..the code is 16 characters. xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
How do I even redeem this on psn? Ha, I didn't even know there was a preorder bonus
it's the prime mini guide

..the code is 16 characters. xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

How do I even redeem this on psn? Ha, I didn't even know there was a preorder bonus
Did you get the guide? Or maybe your order came with a guide? Try redeeming it on the Prima Games site here: https://www.primagames.com/code. That takes 16 digit codes, so maybe it works there.

Still have an extra if anyone needs it.  Rather just sell it than have to return it to Amazon.

PM me if interested.  And yes it was bought with a Prime discount.

First off yes, I have Prime. I pre-ordered back in march as well, and was told sure we can get you the 20% your missing. About an hour later i receive a txt saying I was refunded 0.12 yes 12 cents! I was a little furious get back to talking to online chat nd told them the issue. I was told not all games qualify, I said i thought it was all NEW releases purchased within the first 2 weeks.

I was told sorry so I was like okay well I'm just going to return it and then all of a sudden i was able to get my real refund of an additional 12 plus change. Sorry for all the run on sentences. I also did not receive the pre order bonus, but after a day that was fixed I redeemed it this morning. I thought the same thing, the instructions they send are screwed up, you need to redeem on Primagames website.

First off yes, I have Prime. I pre-ordered back in march as well, and was told sure we can get you the 20% your missing. About an hour later i receive a txt saying I was refunded 0.12 yes 12 cents! I was a little furious get back to talking to online chat nd told them the issue. I was told not all games qualify, I said i thought it was all NEW releases purchased within the first 2 weeks.

I was told sorry so I was like okay well I'm just going to return it and then all of a sudden i was able to get my real refund of an additional 12 plus change. Sorry for all the run on sentences. I also did not receive the pre order bonus, but after a day that was fixed I redeemed it this morning. I thought the same thing, the instructions they send are screwed up, you need to redeem on Primagames website.
seems like Amazon Prime for video games is a huge mess lately, almost as if they don't want to manually issue refund the missing discount.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

i preordered ff12 and got my steelbook version. 

crazy thing; amazon preorder price guarantee refunded me $20!   haha. 

so, game was 50, preorder makes it 40 and net i pay 20!    lol

i preordered ff12 and got my steelbook version.

crazy thing; amazon preorder price guarantee refunded me $20! haha.

so, game was 50, preorder makes it 40 and net i pay 20! lol
Nice, my preorder was 40 but i only got refunded 10.48 for preorder price guarantee. weird how they refunded different amounts.

bread's done
Back