Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - Game Review

Tribsinia

CAGiversary!
Howdy everyone,

Here is our video review for the Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy.

Here is the link:
https://youtu.be/AQdd7fu9oTg

Here is a Transcript of the Review:

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Prettier, Cleaner, Still Tough
Crash, Coco, and Cortex have found their way to relevancy again in 2017 due to a strong fan demand and Sony knowing nostalgia goes a long way in cementing their conquering pace during this console generation. The N. Sane Trilogy was announced at E3 2016 to a world as a remaster and eventually re coined as a remaster plus. Vicarious Visions have assisted on several titles under the Activision's Umbrella and they were tasked with the challenge of reviving this beloved series. I can say from my point of view they delivered. Crash looks fresh and actually furry for once instead of his old plain painted polygon self. The worlds have been expanded with updated visuals and improved sounds(Especially in 2 and 3 for ambient noises and effects). They have also have added some animations which leads me to gameplay. In the gameplay the changed animations have played a role. The jump mechanic has been updated and Crash has a tendency to slip now after jumping a gap instead of just floating in the old days. This has caused me some trouble and I can see others are talking about this being a nuisance, even though its a nuisance doesn't mean its wrong. In the old game is was due to lack of technical skill when the geometry connected and if the box was on the ledge even slightly it was enough. The new ways you will find Crash has a taste for falling to his death after a lot of bad jumps. If you can look past this corrected gameplay mechanic which shouldn't be reason enough to not play this title you will find it actually makes Crash Bandicoot more challenging and adds to the length and eventually victory when you reach 100%. Anyone can always casual play this title but only those coming back for the platinum will be tasked with the high Crash death rate. There are quite a few things that help the N.Sane Trilogy's replay-ability. There are time trials, collectibles and 100% box smash completion in each stage. Always know that even if you die a bunch you are always greeted by the evil Aku Aku and allowed to retry, there is no permadeath. Once I doubled down I found the challenge welcome and not as difficult as I was lead to believe. I put some quality time into each of the games in the collection and have a few notes for each. Crash 1 has the best music of the collection, it is definitely the hardest to complete. Crash 2 is far more approachable and I would suggest those who are newer to Crash Bandicoot start their playtime here to get their sea game legs established. Crash 3 feels more like a updated Crash 2 and I noticed some polish challenges in regards to the Level Select bubble looking far more edgy then they needed to. Note its only noticeable due to the amazing job Vicarious Visions did on Crash 1 and 2. All in all the big questions is , if this is worth its price tag. If based solely on my experience I would say absolutely. It's length of gameplay. The fact their are 3 titles to choose from. You can casually play if you not worried about the 100% percent completion. It's already priced to sell. Supporting this game is also a surefire way to get the Crash Series Rebooted and start seeing New Crash Stories in the years to come. I would suggest picking this game up. I will say for those Sony purist that this game's rights are still owed by Activision and we might see Crash on a Xbox in the near future. Unless Sony throws some money at Activision to lock Crash as a exclusive which is always a possibility. If you liked what you see here please like, subscribe, comment and check the links. We here at Broke Left Stick Games appreciate you stopping by and we will see you soon.

Thanks

bread's done
Back