* - - - - 1 votes

GameStop Ad 7/12-7/18

#1 Kyle1022  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

• Save $10 on select backup hard drives
  • Free Final Fantasy movie download with purchase of Final Fantasy XIII: The Zodiac Age ($49.99)
  • B2G1 free on select t-shirts
  • Free weaboo pillow case for preordering Utawarerumono
  • 40% (50% with PUR) trade bonus for trading towards Hey Pikmin, Miitopia, or Moto GP 17. Lasts through 7/23
  • Trade in PS4 Pro, Xbox One S 2tb, or Nintendo Switch for a preowned original Xbox One or original PS4. If you do this then you get $0 credit. Yes, this "promo" is as stupid as it sounds
  • $50 bonus credit when trading smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, or MP3 players towards PSVR (only works on items with minimum $20 trade in value). Lasts through 7/23
  • 30% off when buying 3+ Wii U games (or 20% off when buying 2 Wii U games). Lasts through 7/23

#2 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   3964 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

"Free weeaboo pillow case..." lmao

#3 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

That console trade in promotion is hilarious. 6 months from now, it will be 'Trade in Xbox Scorpio and get a brand new , actually preowned, Xbox 360'

#4 Lumas101  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

That console trade in promotion is hilarious. 6 months from now, it will be 'Trade in Xbox Scorpio and get a brand new , actually preowned, Xbox 360'

Yeah, my reaction when I first saw it was that unless you get the console AND your normal trade credit, it's an idiotic deal. Kyle's post confirms that it's an idiotic deal.

#5 Kyle1022  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

150+ guests already reading this

giphy.gif

#6 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2370 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

Why don't we just talk about food and sports and stuff like the Xbox deals thread. That'll probably turn all the lurkers away.

#7 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

giphy.gif

That's a weird way of saying good morning, but good morning to you as well. Loving that new thread smell

#8 Flippingfordays   Flip god CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Flippingfordays

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

Still waiting on that discord invite from grosbard lol does he ever read messages ?

#9 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   3964 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Why don't we just talk about food and sports and stuff like the Xbox deals thread. That'll probably turn all the lurkers away.

Food? Alright here we go.

I'm going to Chicago in a month for about 4 days. What are must eat places? Looking for a mix of higher end restaurants for dinner and some good local places. Also need to know which place has the best legit deep dish pizza.

#10 Kyle1022  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Still waiting on that discord invite from grosbard lol does he ever read messages ?

Well you tend to make some pretty dumb posts, so he probably didn't let you in

I'm going to Chicago in a month for about 4 days. What are must eat places? Looking for a mix of higher end restaurants for dinner and some good local places. Also need to know which place has the best legit deep dish pizza.

Lou Malnati's is great

#11 xeroblade   Hadouken! CAGiversary!   312 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

giphy.gif

It's going to be like this for a long while now unfortunately.

#12 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

The Signiture Room in the John Hancock.
The Boarding House

Giordano's for deep dish

Kumas for burgers
Del Torro for fantastic margaritas and fantastic appetizers (Latin influenced)

Do Rite Donuts

#13 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:36 PM

We're only going to keep getting more guests with great deals like trading a PS4 Pro in for a preowned original ps4.

#14 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2061 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

LOL that console "offer" is hilarious. Reminds me of misprinted ads or coupons where taking "advantage" of the deal actually made the product more expensive.

HENSHIN A GO GO BABY!

161803_s.gif   200.gif

#15 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

The Signiture Room in the John Hancock.
The Boarding House

Giordano's for deep dish

Kumas for burgers
Del Torro for fantastic margaritas and fantastic appetizers (Latin influenced)

Do Rite Donuts

100% Kuma's Corner for burgers. They are soon good. I recommend the Plague Bringer burger. 

Also if you come out to the suburbs of Chicago, there is another awesome burger joint called Burger Antics in Brookfield. Very Kumas-ish! 

#16 Unsocial Worker  

Unsocial Worker

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hhhmmm, don't remember hearing anything in store or seeing anything on my receipt for the free final fantasy movie. Anyone know which final fantasy movie it was?

#17 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

Hhhmmm, don't remember hearing anything in store or seeing anything on my receipt for the free final fantasy movie. Anyone know which final fantasy movie it was?

Pretty sure it was Kingsglaive or Advent children. There might have been one more, but I don't remember what it was, haha. 

#18 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

I actually took advantage of the trade in deal yesterday. Took my Xbox One S 2tb in and walked out with a PS4 with a new style DualShock 4 in mint condition. I know it's not the greatest deal but I wanted a PS4 for my fiancé and I already have money aside for the Xbox One X and this saves me the hassle of selling the Xbox on flea bay and all the headaches that come with that. Besides when I saw what others were selling it for and factoring in fees and shipping charges I'd be getting back right around what I'd have to spend on a PS4 anyway.
I enjoy hoarding acorns, running up trees, and playing in traffic.

#19 Afrocious   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Afrocious

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

In 4 all the weeaboo pillowcases lol

#20 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   3964 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

A code prints on the receipt. You get to choose which movie you want (Spirits within, advent children, or kingsglaive).

#21 Kyle1022  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

A code prints on the receipt and you choose between Kingsglaive, Advent Children, or The Spirits Within

#22 Kyle1022  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

I actually took advantage of the trade in deal yesterday. Took my Xbox One S 2tb in and walked out with a PS4 with a new style DualShock 4 in mint condition. I know it's not the greatest deal but I wanted a PS4 for my fiancé and I already have money aside for the Xbox One X and this saves me the hassle of selling the Xbox on flea bay and all the headaches that come with that. Besides when I saw what others were selling it for and factoring in fees and shipping charges I'd be getting back right around what I'd have to spend on a PS4 anyway.

You're doing it wrong

#23 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

You're doing it wrong

Please explain

#24 Uso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Kyle for the new thread!

#25 funkmonker  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

Best deep dish is pequods s/o to ginos east tho they a close 2nd and never ever ever ever even consider giordanos

Best chicago style dog is byrons stay away from portillos it's a tourist trap and only good for the suburbs (but it's still decent tho)

Also make sure you go to Wrigley greatest ballpark in the country

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i'm playing

:xb1: shadow of mordor, dead rising 3, minecraft

add me: mjp skrillex

#26 Afrocious   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Afrocious

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

If you have money set aside for a XBone X, wouldn't it have been better to take your Xbox One S and put it toward a PS4 Pro to get something that's of rough equal value? An Xbox One S 2TB could probably be turned into two normal PS4s honestly (but why would anyone do that or take this GS deal - no clue)

#27 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

If you have money set aside for a XBone X, wouldn't it have been better to take your Xbox One S and put it toward a PS4 Pro to get something that's of rough equal value? An Xbox One S 2TB could probably be turned into two normal PS4s honestly (but why would anyone do that or take this GS deal - no clue)

I own a PS4 Pro. This was a secondary for the living room where we only have a 1080p TV.

#28 Argonauts  

Argonauts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

The weaboo pillowcase is hilarious. I actually had to check the GameStop sale flyer online to see if they used that term. HaHa.

#29 Fun Handsome Goose   Rappenin' is what's happenin' CAG Newbie   14 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

Fun Handsome Goose

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Wtf is a weeaboo

#30 Wcdogkush  

Wcdogkush

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

Over the weekend, Overheard employee mention possible restock of nintendo switch today. When I asked him he said no more than 5 are coming in.