* - - - - 1 votes

GameStop Ad 7/12-7/18

#31 Argonauts  

Argonauts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

Wtf is a weeaboo

Weeaboo is a mostly derogatory slang term for a Western person who is obsessed with Japanese culture.

#32 appleseed127  

appleseed127

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

I actually took advantage of the trade in deal yesterday. Took my Xbox One S 2tb in and walked out with a PS4 with a new style DualShock 4 in mint condition. I know it's not the greatest deal but I wanted a PS4 for my fiancé and I already have money aside for the Xbox One X and this saves me the hassle of selling the Xbox on flea bay and all the headaches that come with that. Besides when I saw what others were selling it for and factoring in fees and shipping charges I'd be getting back right around what I'd have to spend on a PS4 anyway.

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but did you also get the trade in value of the console too or was it just a straight swap?

#33 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4088 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but did you also get the trade in value of the console too or was it just a straight swap?

It's just a straight swap

#34 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

It's a straight swap. Also GameStop's system tried charging me $12 tax but the employees just did an override. If you have the vertical stand that came with the console you can trade that in too for an extra $4.60 if you're a pro member.
I enjoy hoarding acorns, running up trees, and playing in traffic.

#35 Nick51705   Zelda Fan CAGiversary!   4088 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

Best deep dish is pequods s/o to ginos east tho they a close 2nd and never ever ever ever even consider giordanos

Best chicago style dog is byrons stay away from portillos it's a tourist trap and only good for the suburbs (but it's still decent tho)

Also make sure you go to Wrigley greatest ballpark in the country

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I mentioned Giordanos to a friend and this is what he said:

"Giordano's actually isn’t deep dish, but people go and then say they don’t like deep dish." Lol

#36 buddha_mjs   Meat Popsicle CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

buddha_mjs

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Deep dish is great but its not pizza...

LET THE FLAME WAR BEGIN!

#37 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3292 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Apparently I was banned from CAG and didn't know it  :shame:

Please PM for access to [CAG CENSORED]

#38 Vap   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Apparently I was banned from CAG and didn't know it :shame:

Wtf. Did you find out why?

#39 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2020 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

Were there any PUR discounts this month? I'm not seeing anything in "Active Offers"

Thirty Seven

#40 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Apparently I was banned from CAG and didn't know it :shame:

Give up your access to the sheets.

#41 Star_Scream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Star_Scream

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Food? Alright here we go.

I'm going to Chicago in a month for about 4 days. What are must eat places? Looking for a mix of higher end restaurants for dinner and some good local places. Also need to know which place has the best legit deep dish pizza.

Although we are not known for hamburgers, do yourself a favor and get over to Kuma's Corner while you're in Chicago. They have the best burgers around. Bonus points if you're a metalhead, as all the burgers are named after metal bands, and they have horror movies playing on the TVs all day.

Pequod's is the best pizza in town, if you can't get there, try for Pizzeria Uno or Due (this is the original Uno, not that chain crap). As for hot dogs - you really can't go wrong in Chicago, but the best IMO are Gene and Jude's, Wolfy's, and Superdawg. And don't listen to that other guy, Portillo's is fine.

Also, make sure to get an Italian beef sandwich while you're in town. It's one of those things that is only available in Chicago, and out-of-towners don't even really know about it. Enjoy your time in our fair city, you picked the best time of year to visit!

#42 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Apparently I was banned from CAG and didn't know it  :shame:

I was wondering where you had been brosef.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#43 Lumas101  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Were there any PUR discounts this month? I'm not seeing anything in "Active Offers"

They started yesterday. Apparently there's no more "Active Offers" and they just automatically apply when you access your account, which worked yesterday when I picked up a hard drive.

https://www.gamestop...x/ProExclusives

#44 zsf001  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

I own a PS4 Pro. This was a secondary for the living room where we only have a 1080p TV.

I don't know but I think trading the Xbox One S towards the XBOX Once X would have been a better deal then use some of the cash you set aside for the XOX to buy the reg ps4 but to each his/her own.  I really don't get this particular promotion...

#45 blackbeard4886   CAG Bannigeddon Survivor CAGiversary!   3292 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

Wtf. Did you find out why?

Someone said it as a joke in the last thread and I think some people believed them.

Please PM for access to [CAG CENSORED]

#46 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Someone said it as a joke in the last thread and I think some people believed them.

lol that was me blackbeard, i was just being a smart ass. I didn't think people would believe it i laughed when reading replies

#47 WeaponX2099   You walk on the subway CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

I'm going to Chicago in a month for about 4 days. What are must eat places? Looking for a mix of higher end restaurants for dinner and some good local places. Also need to know which place has the best legit deep dish pizza.

Everyone else told about Pizza, Burgers. You need Chicken. Harolds is great. Uncle remus is good, but in hood spots. Parson's is a hipster chicken and fish joint that people rave about. White fence Farms is good, but it's in way out in Bolingbrook.

Here is a good list of chicken spots: https://www.timeout....cken-in-chicago

#48 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Anyone getting a weird "can't verify GSibeacon.lijjit.com" or something on mobile? Ids sketching me out

#49 Brewc5368  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Too much fake news!

#50 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Anyone getting a weird "can't verify GSibeacon.lijjit.com" or something on mobile? Ids sketching me out

Yeah. I have to cancel out of it every couple days.

#51 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Anybody know if the wiiu 20%/30% off works along with a b2g1 coupon? Or if these include the pro discount? Might have to report back with findings if I can be bothered to go

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#52 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Anybody know if the wiiu 20%/30% off works along with a b2g1 coupon? Or if these include the pro discount? Might have to report back with findings if I can be bothered to go

Pro stacks, B2G1 apparently does not from what I've seen others post on the last thread.

#53 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1716 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

Multiply by .63 to get the proper discount with PUR per game when buying 3 or more Wii U games.

Multiple by .72 to get the proper discount with PUR when buying 2 Wii U games.

#54 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

Definitely Gino's East for Deep Dish pizza.

Also, for the best Coffee Shop in Chicago, go to Wormhole Coffee. They have great drinks and the whole shop is 80s themed, complete with Pixel art of video game characters on the wall, Star Wars mugs and posters, an NES with several games you can play, and a full size Delorean. I highly recommend stopping by.

#55 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2140 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Why don't we just talk about food and sports and stuff like the Xbox deals thread. That'll probably turn all the lurkers away.

that thread is great, though :) 

#56 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Pro stacks, B2G1 apparently does not from what I've seen others post on the last thread.

This is true. I tried it last week and none of the 3 Wii U games I was going to buy rang up as free, but 3 of the 9 3DS games I bought did.

#57 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Cars 3 ("New") is $30... http://www.gamestop....n-to-win/146829.  Same price at Amazon.

#58 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Cars 3 ("New") is $30... http://www.gamestop....n-to-win/146829.  Same price at Amazon.

Oh Snap! Good find. My local store actually has a sealed copy and is holding it for me. Thanks for looking out on that one.

#59 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

that thread is great, though :)

And also not nearly as bad when it comes to lurkers :)

#60 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6072 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Lol at that console trade promo