* * * - - 4 votes

SNES Classic US Walmart.com

SNES

#301 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

There are multiple posts on different outlets and at least one (un)official? tweet from Walmart stating that the pre orders were not meant to go live.
Of course that doesn't mean that they'll cancel all of them. https://mobile.twitt...3681/frame.html

they will probably honor them and put them back up again

#302 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3145 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Maybe they won't get cancelled after all?

"@walmarthelp are the snes classic preorders good to go if we got one last night?"

Jul 22

"You should be fine, as long as you didn't get a cancelation email. Be sure to check by reaching out to us at http://bit.ly/WM-Help  -Toni"

8:19 AM - 25 Jul 2017

#303 Hiroshou   You bred Raptors!? CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

Maybe they won't get cancelled after all?

"@walmarthelp are the snes classic preorders good to go if we got one last night?"

Jul 22

"You should be fine, as long as you didn't get a cancelation email. Be sure to check by reaching out to us at http://bit.ly/WM-Help  -Toni"

8:19 AM - 25 Jul 2017

I followed up on this and chatted with a Walmart rep concerning the status of my pre-order after seeing this response on twitter. Rep I spoke with said my order was processed and will be honored. I will post a picture of my chat log. Make what you will of it, I'm sure some people will scream SALTY TROLLS! and FAKE NEWS! This whole issue seems to have people really on edge.

#304 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

From what I can tell the actual cancellations are not that wide spread.

#305 Duplicated  

Duplicated

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:37 AM

From what I can tell the actual cancellations are not that wide spread.

They probably aren't. I mean, all I saw are people on SD that actually complained about cancellations, and these people seemed to place their orders at least 20 minutes after the deal went live. That is a really, really long time when it comes to rare items like this.

I was surprised that the deal didn't die after 10 minutes.

#306 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

Walmart canceling preorders so every preorder is cancel by walmart

#307 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

Yep

#308 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Yeah. Got the email. Mine is caput. Good luck with the next round guys.

#309 Darkprime   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

Mine is canceled too.  We are all getting the same email:

Hi [UNAPPRECIATED CUSTOMER], 

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall. 

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake. 

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled. 

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates. 

I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business. 

Warm regards, 
Deserie Dulaney 
Sr. Director Customer Care 
Walmart.com

#310 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Ya no giftcard this time

#311 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

Annoyed but not surprised. I'm still not gonna play Nintendo's game and spend time scrambling to get one at b&m

#312 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Canceled here too. Surprised no gift card. This was a major Fuck up. They've automatically tossed me gift cards for much more trivial cancellations. I actually used prior cancellation gift cards to pay for this order :P

#313 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Got the same email just now. Annoyed. I already don't give Wal-Mart much of my business, so that wont be changing.

#314 jefffisher   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

jefffisher

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

mine was cancelled i only ordered one and i ordered it before it was posted on CAG twitter or anywhere else i was probably one of the very first orders

#315 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

That email sounds like no pre-orders from Walmart is a real possibility...

#316 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

Got the same cancellation email. :-(

#317 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6581 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

Walmart is like

zgMZDvn.gif

#318 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4560 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

Worst comes to worst you can always buy one from one of those dudes on ebay who is selling 30 of em and say it arrived damage and ask for a partial refund. Boom... SNES Classic at retail price!

Jk... don't do that.

#319 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

The best part is all the folks who are trying to sell those pre orders. Derp.

#320 DarthPwner  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

In for my cancellation email 👎

#321 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

Dammit there goes my Lambo 

#322 Linus_  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Orders are being canceled because of the amount of salty trolls contacting Walmart via phone and website about missing out on the pre-orders complaining that many ordered more than one. This is utterly ridiculous. For once I get a pre-order in fair and square and it gets canceled.

The worst part is the next time they open Pre-orders for this I will most likely not be home or be asleep as it happens like always. 

#323 TerraBemani   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TerraBemani

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

Walmart right now:

#324 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:35 AM

mine was cancelled i only ordered one and i ordered it before it was posted on CAG twitter or anywhere else i was probably one of the very first orders

Got the same cancellation email. :-(

Canceled here too. Surprised no gift card. This was a major Fuck up. They've automatically tossed me gift cards for much more trivial cancellations. I actually used prior cancellation gift cards to pay for this order :P

Add me to the cancellation list. Only ordered one.

#325 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6837 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

Warm regards, 
Deserie Dulaney 
Walmart.com

Fuck you, Deserie!  You and Walmart deserve a punch in the cooter!  

#326 Duplicated  

Duplicated

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

Orders are being canceled because of the amount of salty trolls contacting Walmart via phone and website about missing out on the pre-orders complaining that many ordered more than one. This is utterly ridiculous. For once I get a pre-order in fair and square and it gets canceled.

Any proof? You sound pretty salty yourself tbh.

#327 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1777 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

Walmart right now:

Spoiler

Warm regards, 
Deserie Dulaney 
Walmart.com

Fuck you, Deserie!  You and Walmart deserve a punch in the cooter!  

Spoiler

I'm amazed how these two videos sync up so well. :lol:

#328 Linus_  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

Any proof? You sound pretty salty yourself tbh.

Really? I guess you missed the outcry from all the people who missed out on the pre-orders to the point where people were contacting Walmart left and right bombarding them with the old, its not fair people ordered more than one routine. Literally its been all over social media.

And yes I am Salty because I pre-ordered it on time fair and square, unlike the NES Classic. But hey my salt is not as substantial as most because my Amazon Germany SNES Classic Pre-order is still good. So I am still getting one regardless of Walmart being aholes. 

#329 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:12 AM

I have to say, as much as this blows, I'm really not surprised. I've tried on a few occasions to get something rare or collectible from Walmart. Every time, I mean every time, they screwed me over. So I really don't put much into them. Figured something like this would happen.

I am shocked they didn't shove some free money our way to compensate and to try and get back some of that 80-160 dollars they lost per person. That's poor business right there.

#330 Duplicated  

Duplicated

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

Really? I guess you missed the outcry from all the people who missed out on the pre-orders to the point where people were contacting Walmart left and right bombarding them with the old, its not fair people ordered more than one routine. Literally its been all over social media.

And yes I am Salty because I pre-ordered it on time fair and square, unlike the NES Classic. But hey my salt is not as substantial as most because my Amazon Germany SNES Classic Pre-order is still good. So I am still getting one regardless of Walmart being aholes. 

I didn't miss all those crybabies on SD that got in on it late and threw virtual tantrum, if that's what you meant. I'm asking for the proof about what you said, that all those people chewing Walmart out led to them cancelling (most likely all) preorders at this point. Like, is it really that hard to believe that a legitimate technical difficulty could be the real cause here?

Also, you still have your preorder from Amazon Germany. Why are you even salty lol? If anything, you are the real hypocrite here for placing the order with Walmart when you already have a guaranteed preorder from Europe.