* * * - - 2 votes

TRU Infinty figures glitch on B1G4 deal

Toys r us Infinity Skylanders

#1 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

First time starting a topic here so go easy on me.

Saw the link to the deal posted on Twitter this morning by the CAG account and when I checked out the Buy 1 Get 4 free deal for Disney Infinity figures, it turns out that if you add a very cheap one first (I did the $3 Obi-Wan), the other four will be free even if they're higher priced. Got 5 for $11.xx shipped.

https://www.toysrus....eals#videogames
https://www.toysrus....ch?q=skycatfigs

I know these are going away so might not be the absolute best price on some but I'm sure there's a few worth $2-3 each.

Only tried on Infinity, but might work with Skylanders, too.

#2 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6109 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

damn i see obiwan at $4 now

EDIT: glitch doesnt work for me

#3 grexo   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

FWIW, I can't seem to get it to work this way.

I've tried adding so Obi-wan first, last, and in between. Every time the $14.99 Yoda figure ends up at the top of my cart as the one paid figure.

$20 (with shipping) isn't worth it to me.

#4 BobTheFlub   Sepulchritude CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

BobTheFlub

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

I just tried on mobile and it didn't work, it it's still active might have to be on desktop.

#5 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

That's weird. I did it on mobile through the direct link from Twitter. Wonder if someone caught it right away. Also, I don't have an account with TRU, so I did the whole checkout as guest. Maybe that makes a difference?

Anyway, sorry for the lame deal post.

#6 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

They must have changed it because not only does that not work now, but the B1G4 is only working on same priced items at the moment. If I add 5 $14.99 items it works but if I change one of those for a different priced item on the list it kills the whole promo. Guessing they caught it quick and the temporary fix broke the promo.

#7 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

I just tried on mobile and it didn't work, it it's still active might have to be on desktop.

Didn't work on desktop for me. Was worth a try, at least. No interest in Disney Infinity, but i'd have paid $5 for a handful of Star Wars figures to decorate a bookcase or something.

#8 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

Didn't work on desktop for me. Was worth a try, at least. No interest in Disney Infinity, but i'd have paid $5 for a handful of Star Wars figures to decorate a bookcase or something.

That's my thinking as well. Never had any of the games but a few figures for decorations are worth it. Plus I got the Zootopia ones for my fiancé.

#9 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

The b1g4 isn't working at all for me. It shows it as being everything inifinity, not just figures, but on the eligible products link it only shows 4 specific starters packs and nothing else. (?)

If it worked, it'd be a pretty good deal anyway to get a starter and some play sets for $25 and free shipping

I might not be a fungi, but with some time, I'll grow on you!

If you wanna visit me IRL, grow your only LonelyBacteria

Please skip part 3

#10 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Worked for me. Cost me $10 w/ shipping so about $2.50 each. No complaints.

#11 Vulgarism   A living, breathing piece of defecating meat. CAGiversary!   4060 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Thanks OP, ended up snagging Obi Wan, Boba Fett, Captain America, Venom, and Kylo Ren for $9.98 after shipping.

Update: Looks like they've been cancelled?

#12 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4307 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

I wanted only Wreck It Ralph, but nowhere to be found... Trouble is finding 4 more anyway, so maybe Buzz Lightyear and a couple of Star Wars I guess. But I haven't seen Ralph alone in the wild, only the 2 pack with Penelope.

#13 Enixbelmont   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Enixbelmont

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

These are available in store, right? Is it a weekly deal or today only?

#14 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

I'm going to pass but thanks for taking time to post this
Using Tapatalk

#15 Sstew  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Tried this on Desktop, Once 5 are added to the cart it kept the highest price one ($14.99) and made the rest free. Not a terrible deal if you couldnt find these when they were on clearance. 

I'll pass on this one, but thanks for taking the time to post! 

#16 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16266 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

I love the power discs. Buy 1 get 4 free. Limit 3 per customer.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#17 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Thanks OP, ended up snagging Obi Wan, Boba Fett, Captain America, Venom, and Kylo Ren for $9.98 after shipping.

Update: Looks like they've been cancelled?

Was it cancelled? Mine hasn't been yet but I haven't been able to actually see the the order tracking. The money is out of my account though.

#18 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:48 PM

Looks like it is still working.

#19 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

Mine haven't cancelled but they haven't shipped yet, either. I did get two separate confirmation emails, though, which was weird because one said $11.xx and one said $18.xx, but only the $11 was charged to my paypal account. Still taking a wait and see with this one.

#20 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:35 PM

First time starting a topic here so go easy on me.

Saw the link to the deal posted on Twitter this morning by the CAG account and when I checked out the Buy 1 Get 4 free deal for Disney Infinity figures, it turns out that if you add a very cheap one first (I did the $3 Obi-Wan), the other four will be free even if they're higher priced. Got 5 for $11.xx shipped.

https://m.toysrus.co...ales#videogames

I know these are going away so might not be the absolute best price on some but I'm sure there's a few worth $2-3 each.

Only tried on Infinity, but might work with Skylanders, too.

Uhhhh, if your thing had worked wouldn’t you have gotten your order for 3.99 plus tax???

#21 ritchardf  

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

Uhhhh, if your thing had worked wouldn’t you have gotten your order for 3.99 plus tax???

plus shipping

#22 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Like the post above me, it was $3.99+$5.99 shipping + tax. Obviously $3.99 for 5 figures would've been amazing but I'm ok with under $2.50 each.

#23 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

Like the post above me, it was $3.99+$5.99 shipping + tax. Obviously $3.99 for 5 figures would've been amazing but I'm ok with under $2.50 each.

Got it. Didn’t think of that. Doesn’t work for me though.

#24 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

I got 5 $15 Star Wars and extra Obi Wan figure and since I didn't want to pay for shipping I added Cloud amiibo.
Great deal for $31+tax
Thanks for Sharing!
FATEvsDESTINY.png

Fate+vs+Destiny.jpg

#25 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

So i tried this on mobile late last night and it seemed to work; it just looked like some of the figures worked with the glitch and some didn't.  I personally found the "light fx" Vader and Ren figures wouldn't work, but the regular ones did.  Ultimately placed an order for Obi Wan($4), and (free) Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and Venom; with tax and shipping, it came to $11.33, and i paid with Paypal.  Got my e-mail confirmation from Paypal, and my confirmation/order number from TRU, and everything seemed kosher.

Then i woke up this morning and had another order confirmation from TRU, with the same order number, but the new total read $18.55, and when i tried to access the order, it came up as invalid.  Guessing they caught the glitch, then tried to revise the total and charge my card extra, but when they realized i'd paid through Paypal and they couldn't do that, they just canceled the entire order.  Charge still says "pending" on Paypal website, but at this point i don't expect that charge will ever actually go through.

I'd recommend anyone who tried to take advantage of this and paid with credit pay close attention to the charge on their card to make sure TRU didn't try to "update" the total after the order was complete and charge them extra.  At this point, they may just end up canceling all the glitched orders.

#26 Darthziggy  

Darthziggy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:09 PM

So i tried this on mobile late last night and it seemed to work; it just looked like some of the figures worked with the glitch and some didn't. I personally found the "light fx" Vader and Ren figures wouldn't work, but the regular ones did. Ultimately placed an order for Obi Wan($4), and (free) Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and Venom; with tax and shipping, it came to $11.33, and i paid with Paypal. Got my e-mail confirmation from Paypal, and my confirmation/order number from TRU, and everything seemed kosher.

Then i woke up this morning and had another order confirmation from TRU, with the same order number, but the new total read $18.55, and when i tried to access the order, it came up as invalid. Guessing they caught the glitch, then tried to revise the total and charge my card extra, but when they realized i'd paid through Paypal and they couldn't do that, they just canceled the entire order. Charge still says "pending" on Paypal website, but at this point i don't expect that charge will ever actually go through.

I'd recommend anyone who tried to take advantage of this and paid with credit pay close attention to the charge on their card to make sure TRU didn't try to "update" the total after the order was complete and charge them extra. At this point, they may just end up canceling all the glitched orders.

Good info. I'll have to make an account later and check the order status because mine might've cancelled out the same way, since I got one of those mystery emails with a different total later on. Strange that they wouldn't just cancel it outright. Oh well.

#27 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

So i got the two emails also with "updated" charges, paypal still shows proper pending, also I am able to pull up the orders with what I paid showing...

#28 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:09 AM

Star Wars Disney Infinity figures are $3.00 at every wal mart on the planet btw

#29 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

Wife picked up the 5 I ordered yesterday from Toys R Us. 4.xx for all 5

#30 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12174 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

Considering how infinity won't be produced anymore you wonder if this glitch was done intentionally to clear stock lol
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png