* * * - - 2 votes

TRU Infinty figures glitch on B1G4 deal

Toys r us Infinity Skylanders

#31 DoctorZ  

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

Took longer but I did it on my phone and the deals were still working.
Each figure was free right away

Did Obi-wan first then mulan,judy hopps,minnie mouse 

#32 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Star Wars Disney Infinity figures are $3.00 at every wal mart on the planet btw

If they were $3 for 5, i'd be all over it. All i want them for is a little bit of decoration on my shelves.

#33 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:26 AM

Star Wars Disney Infinity figures are $3.00 at every wal mart on the planet btw

This is true, but, while I can't speak for all the stores, the one I work at has been wiped out and has like 3 characters left, none of which I wanted. The selection here wasn't too bad for the "deal".

#34 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

So anyone who got in on this deal definitely needs to keep an eye on their card/Paypal activity.  I just got a shipment confirmation from TRU (the order still shows up as invalid on their website), and when i checked my Paypal activity, it says i've been charged $18.55.  I didn't even know it was possible for a seller to "update" a charge that had been authorized from Paypal so they could charge you more, and i'm not pleased to learn that it is.  Just opened a dispute with Paypal and ripped them a new asshole for allowing it, and told them i'd better either get back the $7.55 difference(so that the charge reflects the original order) or the total charge(and TRU can keep their crap).

Sneaky trick on the part of TRU(cancellations are fair game when it comes to glitches, but charging extra after the fact is just dirty), and my confidence in Paypal is actually shaken that they'd allow a vendor to update a charge without the buyer's consent.

#35 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

So anyone who got in on this deal definitely needs to keep an eye on their card/Paypal activity. I just got a shipment confirmation from TRU (the order still shows up as invalid on their website), and when i checked my Paypal activity, it says i've been charged $18.55. I didn't even know it was possible for a seller to "update" a charge that had been authorized from Paypal so they could charge you more, and i'm not pleased to learn that it is. Just opened a dispute with Paypal and ripped them a new asshole for allowing it, and told them i'd better either get back the $7.55 difference(so that the charge reflects the original order) or the total charge(and TRU can keep their crap).

Sneaky trick on the part of TRU(cancellations are fair game when it comes to glitches, but charging extra after the fact is just dirty), and my confidence in Paypal is actually shaken that they'd allow a vendor to update a charge without the buyer's consent.

Thanks for this. I've been keeping an eye on it but no new charges yet. I did get a "shipped" email but it seems like the TRU site doesn't have a way to simply check order status by order number. I tried creating an account with the email I used to place the order and it says I have no order history. Definitely seeming like the glitch wasn't worth the trouble :( Sorry everyone.

#36 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9950 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

That's strange now they decide to start charging more when there have been glitches on the figures multiple times over the past 10 months and they never charged more after orders were placed before. Maybe because this glitch was on Slick Deals and they got a lot of orders (not that I think they should have charged more at all, either allow the orders to go through at the glitch price or cancel them).

#37 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1898 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

That's strange now they decide to start charging more when there have been glitches on the figures multiple times over the past 10 months and they never charged more after orders were placed before. Maybe because this glitch was on Slick Deals and they got a lot of orders (not that I think they should have charged more at all, either allow the orders to go through at the glitch price or cancel them).

Once an exceptionally good deal hits SlickDeals, its days (or minutes) are numbered.  Here you might have people that get a few extra for trade bait/etc., but you have Slick Dealers that will create numerous accounts and order so many to resell they practically have to send a UPS truck for just their stuff alone.

#38 skwak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for posting this.  I wasn't able to get the glitch to work, but have been looking at getting some of these to play with my son.

#39 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

I can't believe they're charging more than what was invoiced.  The buyer agreed to pay X amount at checkout, and now they're charging X + Y after the fact, without the buyer agreeing to the new amount.  Glitch or not, I'm pretty sure they're setting themselves up for some legal trouble.  That's why other retailers will either fulfill at the glitch price or just cancel orders.

#40 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

I can't believe they're charging more than what was invoiced.  The buyer agreed to pay X amount at checkout, and now they're charging X + Y after the fact, without the buyer agreeing to the new amount.  Glitch or not, I'm pretty sure they're setting themselves up for some legal trouble.  That's why other retailers will either fulfill at the glitch price or just cancel orders.

That's what i was expecting.  I've had glitch orders canceled before, and that's business as usual in the woods; you win some, you lose some, and you can't get too mad if a seller realizes their mistake and simply cancels the order. But it's downright dirty of TRU to try and sneak in an updated charge in an attempt to squeeze a few extra bucks out of a buyer without informing him/her of the cost discrepancy, and the legality of Paypal altering a charge that both you and the seller had already agreed on based solely on conflicting information from the seller is questionable at best.  Yeah, it's only $7 in this case, but that's almost a 2/3 markup of the original price.  What if you placed an order worth $100, authorized the payment, and then the seller later contacted Paypal to change that total to $165?  All of a sudden it's a big deal, and it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in Paypal to think they might authorize something like that without your consent(or even knowledge).

#41 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

That's what i was expecting. I've had glitch orders canceled before, and that's business as usual in the woods; you win some, you lose some, and you can't get too mad if a seller realizes their mistake and simply cancels the order. But it's downright dirty of TRU to try and sneak in an updated charge in an attempt to squeeze a few extra bucks out of a buyer without informing him/her of the cost discrepancy, and the legality of Paypal altering a charge that both you and the seller had already agreed on based solely on conflicting information from the seller is questionable at best. Yeah, it's only $7 in this case, but that's almost a 2/3 markup of the original price. What if you placed an order worth $100, authorized the payment, and then the seller later contacted Paypal to change that total to $165? All of a sudden it's a big deal, and it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in Paypal to think they might authorize something like that without your consent(or even knowledge).

I have an account that I use for online orders only and I'll transfer money into that account and then make the purchase that way if anybody gets my card information or the company decide something crazy with billing like this they'll be declined.

#42 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

image1 (3).JPG

So I've had nothing but success with the glitches using shipping and store pickups....two 4.90 orders instore pickups and a 29.15 shipped order has gotten me all this...I have a bunch shipping total 38.81 as I bought all the other playsets and figures. Buzzlightyear showed up today from that order BEFORE I recieved a shipping notification for him.  They have them split in 3 different shipping.  I didn't play Disney Infinity so I am pretty excited to jump in.

*I ordered Chewbacca but when I went to pick it up they didn't have it so she let me grab rocket raccoon, who wasnt offered online for ordering.*

#43 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:00 AM

image1 (3).JPG
So I've had nothing but success with the glitches using shipping and store pickups....two 4.90 orders instore pickups and a 29.15 shipped order has gotten me all this...I have a bunch shipping total 38.81 as I bought all the other playsets and figures. Buzzlightyear showed up today from that order BEFORE I recieved a shipping notification for him. They have them split in 3 different shipping. I didn't play Disney Infinity so I am pretty excited to jump in.
*I ordered Chewbacca but when I went to pick it up they didn't have it so she let me grab rocket raccoon, who wasnt offered online for ordering.*

Wow! Well I'm glad someone got lucky from this deal. Good stuff. Mine is due to arrive on Monday, still no change to the PayPal charge/status *knocks on wood* we shall see.

#44 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2685 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:06 AM

Amazed these still are for sale at some stores.

Still none of them beat Gamestop's sale of the Disney 2.0 Marvel set for $15 and the 3.0 Star Wars set for the same - those were amazing deals!

#45 HeroOfTime88  

HeroOfTime88

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Amazed these still are for sale at some stores.

Still none of them beat Gamestop's sale of the Disney 2.0 Marvel set for $15 and the 3.0 Star Wars set for the same - those were amazing deals!

Starter packs were $4.99-$7.99 and figures $0.5 at Best Buy couple of months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 Whinterfell   Games are Coming. CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Whinterfell

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

You do realize that you agree to pay the Price of the figures and the promotion.  Just because it is a glitch that messes up the pricing doesn't mean you didn't agree to the normal pricing.  Yeah they should have send out an email to people that ordered saying the new totals.  Which reading some people it sounds like they did.  It also was more or less an automated system that did it if the order was changed price wise.  They catch the glitch, fix it, and it auto corrects peoples charges.

#47 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6304 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

mines still stuck for pickup. didnt get any notification for store pickup. they might have found out about the glitch and canceled my order.

#48 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

mines still stuck for pickup. didnt get any notification for store pickup. they might have found out about the glitch and canceled my order.

my paypal issues never went through for instore pickup but credit card ones did

#49 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:57 AM

You do realize that you agree to pay the Price of the figures and the promotion.  Just because it is a glitch that messes up the pricing doesn't mean you didn't agree to the normal pricing.  Yeah they should have send out an email to people that ordered saying the new totals.  Which reading some people it sounds like they did.  It also was more or less an automated system that did it if the order was changed price wise.  They catch the glitch, fix it, and it auto corrects peoples charges.

Wrong.  When you pay online, you authorize the charge for the amount shown at that time.  If they catch the mistake, they cancel the order, not take it upon themselves to charge you the difference.  Your 'contract' with them says you authorized them to charge your credit card X, not X+Y.

If they took it upon themselves to charge you extra, send the original invoice to your CC company when you file a chargeback for the additional charge.

#50 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Half of my big $38 order came in today....

#51 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

Half of my big $38 order came in today....80016706-7E03-4A6C-936D-D95A36532B37.jpg