Nintendo Switch Bundles Now $360+ at GameStop

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

I'm going to save time and be upset about all of them - without evening knowing all of them. It's GS, they almost beg us to be upset about them.
They do beg for it but everyone still buys their stuff. So it would seem there is no end in sight.

At this point I feel that buying a desperate bundle isn't worth it. Stock is starting to catch up more and more. If you have waited this long you could easily hold out on a single system.They are just getting some of that trade credit back from a few weeks ago

They do beg for it but everyone still buys their stuff. So it would seem there is no end in sight.

At this point I feel that buying a desperate bundle isn't worth it. Stock is starting to catch up more and more. If you have waited this long you could easily hold out on a single system.They are just getting some of that trade credit back from a few weeks ago
There is no reason to buy the bundle at the over-inflated prices. GS looks no different than the "scalpers" except they bundle in a plush toy to make you feel better(?)

Keep an eye out, the system pops up here and there, ever so often. Just need to be patient, is all...

I wonder if they'll pull this bundle shit with the xbox one x. Hopefully not since the demand won't be nearly as high.

I'm holding on to my credit from gamestopmageddon until they have bundle-free Switches there, whenever that may be.  I've got a backlog so I can wait.  The CAG in me can't see paying an extra $100 for games I could get 20% off or more.  Frustrating when they have been in-stock pretty much at every other retailer now at least for a good part of a day in the last couple weeks (Target/BB/WalMart/Amazon all have had them).  So I think inventories will reach the point pretty soon at the rate they are going that the bundles will be done and they'll go to standard in-store inventory instead of the bundle gouging.  

I actually might do this. I wanted to get Splatoon 2 anyway. I just wish I could use pur certificates online

I actually might do this. I wanted to get Splatoon 2 anyway. I just wish I could use pur certificates online
Order in store, free shipping, possibly no tax, and I believe you can pay however you want (maybe not PayPal).

I just called my local GameStop about this, and if you pre-order this in-store, you'll still have to get it shipped to your home, but they won't charge you for shipping.
Thanks. I had not considered this. I went through TCB though so I should actually end up saving a little bit vs. in-store.

I'm confused by this. Isn't the point of a bundle to save money? $360 is just the MSRP of both a Switch and Mario Kart 8 together. Where is the savings?

Pretty great deal for only a switch and 1 game. Gamestop got me for 500+ a couple weeks ago. I haven't even open/played my switch either. 

I'm confused by this. Isn't the point of a bundle to save money? $360 is just the MSRP of both a Switch and Mario Kart 8 together. Where is the savings?
This isn't really about the consumer saving money, but rather Gamestop taking advantage of the fact the Switch is still a hard to find item and ensuring they get a game sale with the console purchase. You can find the Switch in stock at some stores, but most websites are still dry at this point (Amazon sells a shipment here and there). Honestly, this bundle is probably one of the more hassle free ways of getting a Switch at the moment, especially if you don't have any stores locally that's selling them. Ideally, would rather buy the game from Best Buy with GCU to get 20% off though.

If they didn't charge sales tax on trade credit online, I think a lot of people would be more interested. However, that's just another $20-$30 on top. That and somebody said that GS was charging shipping on switches, though I'm not sure if that part is true.

Will my order go through If I used gift card/trade in credit for the online pre order? I ordered the zelda bundle earlier today, but my gift card balance is still full, and I don't see anything about gift card usage in my invoice, I'm a bit worried.

This isn't really about the consumer saving money, but rather Gamestop taking advantage of the fact the Switch is still a hard to find item and ensuring they get a game sale with the console purchase. You can find the Switch in stock at some stores, but most websites are still dry at this point (Amazon sells a shipment here and there). Honestly, this bundle is probably one of the more hassle free ways of getting a Switch at the moment, especially if you don't have any stores locally that's selling them. Ideally, would rather buy the game from Best Buy with GCU to get 20% off though.
GS doesn't seem to offer Switch bundles that save money. I saw one within the last few weeks that saved something like $9, but that would be lost in shipping cost.

The newest bundles are notable since the item is in short supply, as V878 notes, and the bundles do not require you to purchase a ton of extra stuff that you may not want just to get the console.

In addition, CAGs may have GS trade credit, rewards certificates, and/or gift card money to use, making GS the preferable buying option.

If they didn't charge sales tax on trade credit online, I think a lot of people would be more interested. However, that's just another $20-$30 on top. That and somebody said that GS was charging shipping on switches, though I'm not sure if that part is true.
Yes, it's true. Cheapest shipping cost is $14.99. If you pre-order from a store though, shipping is free. Called a local store today to confirm after Sako posted here about it.

Will my order go through If I used gift card/trade in credit for the online pre order? I ordered the zelda bundle earlier today, but my gift card balance is still full, and I don't see anything about gift card usage in my invoice, I'm a bit worried.
No need to be worried. I'm in the exact same boat. In my experience ordering with GS online, I've noticed that typically the balance does not update until it is close to/further along in the shipping process. Since the bundles available are technically pre-orders, I'd expect a longer delay.

No need to be worried. I'm in the exact same boat. In my experience ordering with GS online, I've noticed that typically the balance does not update until it is close to/further along in the shipping process. Since the bundles available are technically pre-orders, I'd expect a longer delay.
Thanks for replying, that's a relief

bread's done
Back