* * * * * 2 votes

Best Buy VISA - spend $500 outside of BB, get a $50 Reward Cert

#31 GodofGambler   God of Gambler CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

GodofGambler

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:13 AM

This deal is more like YMMV.  Didn't get my offer.

#32 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3096 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:16 AM

I keep forgetting to sign up for a BB Visa just for elite access. I will wait for a decent signup bonus.

#33 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:29 AM

Is this for everyone? I charge everything to this card on a monthly basis so I won't have a problem hitting $500. I didn't get the card in the mail yet.

Charge everything? I'd switch to a discover it card because they'll double your cash back after a year. Save this one for Best Buy purchased and offers like this.

#34 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:35 AM

Yes. All purchases on the card, even outside of BB, count toward status.

No not true. There are restrictions

#35 david12795  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

Yea I did $250 Wells Fargo one too( Cancelled right as soon as i got the bonus though, lots of negative things about Wells Fargo). Currently working on the U.S Bank one, though the bonus still hasn't posted yet. Do you know if chase works with M&T?

I still use mine as many banks use that as DD. Lucky you, I'm not within 200 miles of that bank, so that automatically makes me disqualfied. 

I believe it should. Here is a link for all banks: 

https://www.doctorof...irect-deposits/

#36 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Interesting, I got an email about a "spend 2000 and get 50", wouldn't mind this one instead.

yep that's what remember getting.  Trashed the email now I can't find it.  Would do this one for sure if it was offered to me.  Do we know if it's a universal offer or is it just for the particular card holder?

#37 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

That feel when you only have the store version and not the Visa version. I am forever pissed off at the guy who signed me up for that version instead.

I started out with the store version, when I called they just switched me. I had 100% on time payments. Most is a 10 point credit hit.

#38 solidFire501   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

solidFire501

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

No not true. There are restrictions

Which transactions are excluded? I think everything I've ever put on the card has counted towards elite status, so the restrictions may be on more onscure types or transactions. Putting one or two monthly utility bills on autopay with this card keeps me on elite plus status every year. Though, to be fair, I dont use this card everywhere. I just use it enough to get me to the $3500 spend each year to maintain elite plus (and for Best Buy purchases, since you get 6% back in RZ certificates for BB purchases). So I can't speak for every purchase, but I know my monthly cell phone and cable bills count towards elite status when I pay them with this card.

#39 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

Which transactions are excluded? I think everything I've ever put on the card has counted towards elite status, so the restrictions may be on more onscure types or transactions. Putting one or two monthly utility bills on autopay with this card keeps me on elite plus status every year. Though, to be fair, I dont use this card everywhere. I just use it enough to get me to the $3500 spend each year to maintain elite plus (and for Best Buy purchases, since you get 6% back in RZ certificates for BB purchases). So I can't speak for every purchase, but I know my monthly cell phone and cable bills count towards elite status when I pay them with this card.

I signed up for it earlier this year and I know that two rental payments to my very expensive apartment complex did no count. The website lists the restrictions:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat311100050001

Non-Qualifying Purchases: Leased products, purchases made prior to becoming a member, purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates, pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate, purchases using any type of promotional financing, Best Buy gift card or Magnolia gift card, store credit issued by Best Buy, sales tax, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Best Buy entities such as Geek Squad® services purchased in store are awarded points; Geek Squad services purchased in home are not.

#40 solidFire501   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

solidFire501

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

I signed up for it earlier this year and I know that two rental payments to my very expensive apartment complex did no count. The website lists the restrictions:

Thanks for posting the list. That sucks that those two rent payments didn't count. Looking through the list of exclusions, I can't even see why those would be excluded. I guess under the generic catch all of "other excluded charges?"

#41 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

I love this CC.  In June, they randomly sent me a free $100 Best Buy Rewards Cert. just for being a "valued My Best Buy Visa cardholder."

I wonder when this promo's earning period started.  I just spent $800 on something last Thursday.

#42 z24buddy   Skilled Cactus Killer CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

That feel when you only have the store version and not the Visa version. I am forever pissed off at the guy who signed me up for that version instead.

They upgraded mine one day to the VISA version without me even having to ask. I have been raking in the rewards ever since. Also note that the tracker on BBY that shows your current progress toward the $3,500 needed for the Elite status will factor in purchases outside of BBY. Mine already shows over $8k and I know I haven't spent that much at BBY this year.

#43 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

If you have a Costco membership, this might be a good deal since they take VISA now. It's furniture season now, and even if nothing along that line appeals, their TV prices are great, too.

#44 jennytellia   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

jennytellia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Got this in the mail today...website doesn’t appear to be active

mybestbuyvisacard.com/Spend500Get50Offer

Need to spend the $500 by August 31

Also, through September 30th, you get 3% back on gas, air and ground travel purchases.attachicon.gifIMG_1529.JPG

Thanks for posting this. Some will never understand. 

#45 Duaber   Banned Banned   52 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

Tried to look at this at work and got blocked by the filter for trying to access "gambling site". What a crock

#46 Marvinmut   Banned Banned   2 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Marvinmut

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

Anyone know which banks are giving the best interest rates on a TL monthly savings account over a six month period?