Best Buy VISA - spend $500 outside of BB, get a $50 Reward Cert

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Got this in the mail today...website doesn’t appear to be active

mybestbuyvisacard.com/Spend500Get50Offer

Need to spend the $500 by August 31

Also, through September 30th, you get 3% back on gas, air and ground travel purchases.[attachment=27371:IMG_1529.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question!

Someone here said, using your Bestbuy CC (purchase made outside) will count towards elite/elite plus status. Is this true? This offer might be pretty good for me to reach elite/elite plus before Black Friday. Someone please let me know, thanks!

Quick question!

Someone here said, using your Bestbuy CC (purchase made outside) will count towards elite/elite plus status. Is this true? This offer might be pretty good for me to reach elite/elite plus before Black Friday. Someone please let me know, thanks!
Yes. All purchases on the card, even outside of BB, count toward status.

Per their FAQ:
"How do I qualify for My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus?
Elite status is automatically awarded when you spend $1,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, or $1,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa®.

Elite Plus status is automatically awarded when you spend $3,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, $3,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa."

Per their FAQ:
"How do I qualify for My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus?
Elite status is automatically awarded when you spend $1,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, or $1,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa®.

Elite Plus status is automatically awarded when you spend $3,500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, $3,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy Visa."
Thanks!

That feel when you only have the store version and not the Visa version. I am forever pissed off at the guy who signed me up for that version instead.

How is this a gaming deal?

Should we post all credit card cashback and bonus points deals in this forum too? Slickdeals 2 coming right up..

Wow. That’s pretty sweet. I recently started using my BB Visa for everything to help subsidize my gaming so this will definitely help that!

.How is this as a general credit card? I've never dealt with Citi before.
I’ve used Citi cards for years and have had no problem with them.

How is this a gaming deal?

Should we post all credit card cashback and bonus points deals in this forum too? Slickdeals 2 coming right up..
There's been a google deal up here for weeks - how is that a deal and this isn't? You really have nothing better to complain about?

There's been a google deal up here for weeks - how is that a deal and this isn't? You really have nothing better to complain about?
Nope, I really don't. Lots of otherwise great stuff going on here. Do you feel like there's a lot of complain about here? No one is asking you stay.

See how I flipped that like a 4 for $20 deal at Gamestop?

On a serious note I agree that stupid google express deal shouldn't be here either.

It will count as opening a new account and closing an existing account though, right? I'm planning on buying a house soon and I don't wanna mess with my credit.
ya need to close existing account and open new account. i did it couple months ago. i didn't get immediately approve on visa.

Nope, I really don't. Lots of otherwise great stuff going on here. Do you feel like there's a lot of complain about here? No one is asking you stay.
See how I flipped that like a 4 for $20 deal at Gamestop?
On a serious note I agree that stupid google express deal shouldn't be here either.
If you don’t like a deal, don’t click on the link...it’s pretty simple. I’d say from the popularity of the google thread, your opinion is in the minority.

If you don’t like a deal, don’t click on the link...it’s pretty simple. I’d say from the popularity of the google thread, your opinion is in the minority.
Guess I better check the minority report.

fox-gives-minority-report-green-light.jpg

Interesting...I got a notification about a week ago that if I spend 2,000 outside BB I get $50. This is a much better deal!

Got this in the mail today...website doesn’t appear to be active

mybestbuyvisacard.com/Spend500Get50Offer

Need to spend the $500 by August 31

Also, through September 30th, you get 3% back on gas, air and ground travel purchases.
attachicon.gif
IMG_1529.JPG
Is this for everyone? I charge everything to this card on a monthly basis so I won't have a problem hitting $500. I didn't get the card in the mail yet.

I haven't done any of those yet, though I do know you can do multiple. What are churning right now?
You are crazy for not jumping in on it! I joined fairly late (though, I may just be subjective) and was able to sign up for 7+ accts. The bonuses pretty much post right after you use one of the DDs to trigger it. I used Wells Fargo (Thanks to that $250 bonus :razz: )The only code that doesn't work is "QJ" unless you're in the listed states (I'm in FL). I didn't do multiple because I'm afraid there might be some retaliation although, nothing has happened. I believe the code QD is alive at the moment.

You are crazy for not jumping in on it! I joined fairly late (though, I may just be subjective) and was able to sign up for 7+ accts. The bonuses pretty much post right after you use one of the DDs to trigger it. I used Wells Fargo (Thanks to that $250 bonus :razz: )The only code that doesn't work is "QJ" unless you're in the listed states (I'm in FL). I didn't do multiple because I'm afraid there might be some retaliation although, nothing has happened. I believe the code QD is alive at the moment.
Yea I did $250 Wells Fargo one too( Cancelled right as soon as i got the bonus though, lots of negative things about Wells Fargo). Currently working on the U.S Bank one, though the bonus still hasn't posted yet. Do you know if chase works with M&T?

Is this for everyone? I charge everything to this card on a monthly basis so I won't have a problem hitting $500. I didn't get the card in the mail yet.
Charge everything? I'd switch to a discover it card because they'll double your cash back after a year. Save this one for Best Buy purchased and offers like this.

Yea I did $250 Wells Fargo one too( Cancelled right as soon as i got the bonus though, lots of negative things about Wells Fargo). Currently working on the U.S Bank one, though the bonus still hasn't posted yet. Do you know if chase works with M&T?
I still use mine as many banks use that as DD. Lucky you, I'm not within 200 miles of that bank, so that automatically makes me disqualfied.

I believe it should. Here is a link for all banks:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/list-methods-banks-count-direct-deposits/

Interesting, I got an email about a "spend 2000 and get 50", wouldn't mind this one instead.
yep that's what remember getting. Trashed the email now I can't find it. Would do this one for sure if it was offered to me. Do we know if it's a universal offer or is it just for the particular card holder?

That feel when you only have the store version and not the Visa version. I am forever pissed off at the guy who signed me up for that version instead.
I started out with the store version, when I called they just switched me. I had 100% on time payments. Most is a 10 point credit hit.

No not true. There are restrictions
Which transactions are excluded? I think everything I've ever put on the card has counted towards elite status, so the restrictions may be on more onscure types or transactions. Putting one or two monthly utility bills on autopay with this card keeps me on elite plus status every year. Though, to be fair, I dont use this card everywhere. I just use it enough to get me to the $3500 spend each year to maintain elite plus (and for Best Buy purchases, since you get 6% back in RZ certificates for BB purchases). So I can't speak for every purchase, but I know my monthly cell phone and cable bills count towards elite status when I pay them with this card.

Which transactions are excluded? I think everything I've ever put on the card has counted towards elite status, so the restrictions may be on more onscure types or transactions. Putting one or two monthly utility bills on autopay with this card keeps me on elite plus status every year. Though, to be fair, I dont use this card everywhere. I just use it enough to get me to the $3500 spend each year to maintain elite plus (and for Best Buy purchases, since you get 6% back in RZ certificates for BB purchases). So I can't speak for every purchase, but I know my monthly cell phone and cable bills count towards elite status when I pay them with this card.
I signed up for it earlier this year and I know that two rental payments to my very expensive apartment complex did no count. The website lists the restrictions:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-program-rules/pcmcat311100050001.c?id=pcmcat311100050001

Non-Qualifying Purchases: Leased products, purchases made prior to becoming a member, purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates, pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate, purchases using any type of promotional financing, Best Buy gift card or Magnolia gift card, store credit issued by Best Buy, sales tax, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Best Buy entities such as Geek Squad® services purchased in store are awarded points; Geek Squad services purchased in home are not.

I signed up for it earlier this year and I know that two rental payments to my very expensive apartment complex did no count. The website lists the restrictions:
Thanks for posting the list. That sucks that those two rent payments didn't count. Looking through the list of exclusions, I can't even see why those would be excluded. I guess under the generic catch all of "other excluded charges?"

I love this CC.  In June, they randomly sent me a free $100 Best Buy Rewards Cert. just for being a "valued My Best Buy Visa cardholder."

I wonder when this promo's earning period started.  I just spent $800 on something last Thursday.

They upgraded mine one day to the VISA version without me even having to ask. I have been raking in the rewards ever since. Also note that the tracker on BBY that shows your current progress toward the $3,500 needed for the Elite status will factor in purchases outside of BBY. Mine already shows over $8k and I know I haven't spent that much at BBY this year.

If you have a Costco membership, this might be a good deal since they take VISA now. It's furniture season now, and even if nothing along that line appeals, their TV prices are great, too.

Tried to look at this at work and got blocked by the filter for trying to access "gambling site". What a crock

bread's done
Back