* * - - - 11 votes

Gamestop Ad 7/26-8/1

#811 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

Mannn, even I'm happy there is another thread for more sensitive information now, had an experience in store today with somebody trying to flip that made me even more grateful for that fact.

#812 hotwheels68  

hotwheels68

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

So is the Halo sword good for anything?

#813 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:32 AM

When information, that is largely public, is treated like a state secret this is why the flips get posted in dramatic fashion on Reddit.

Yes the parts to the whole of the information is public but takes a certain amount of work to compile all of them into one place for people to easily find out instead of spending half a promo figuring it out manually. The media attention from last month alone is the best example why it is good that I locked it down prior. I saw you edit that BTW.

Ahh, the 'Battle of the Blacks'.

True CAGs know that Blackbeard is a pillar of the community.

Entitlement is earned... not recklessly given to the mistrusted.

#814 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:33 AM

Mannn, even I'm happy there is another thread for more sensitive information now, had an experience in store today with somebody trying to flip that made me even more grateful for that fact.

Is it possible to share? Want to make sure I know what to avoid doing?

#815 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:34 AM

So is the Halo sword good for anything?

double penetration... to the heart. :-$

#816 Humble Odin  

Humble Odin

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

Is it possible to share? Want to make sure I know what to avoid doing?

Some dude went in with a bunch of values saved to the ap from last night, holding a bunch of customers up. Had a huge stack of games and was being a bit rude about the whole situation. Basically gets into a whole situation with the guy that held up myself and a few other people waiting to check out since there was only one employee. Long story short is the Employee got real suspicious with him at the end since he had a shit-ton of games saved on the app,  knew a lot about the trade-in system and the apps/policies, yet he still claimed he didn't have a Pro account yet and needed to sign up for a new one. 

It was just really awkward because he was making it obvious he had multiple accounts, being rude, pushing for like 10+ price matches from yesterday's values, all while using a digital coupon + 5$.

If having the information more secretive means that more people like that don't get involved, it's for the better.

#817 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:43 AM

when is the last day for the 50% bonus?

#818 AtlusParker   Banned Banned   330 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

AtlusParker

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

when is the last day for the 50% bonus?

August 6th.

#819 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:46 AM

I'll make sure to attach my resume next time. I hope one day to be able to impress you, senpai.

Fuck your resume! Just attach your master's degree...you'll be fine haha

#820 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2818 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

hold the Fuck up, I was gone for a bit. I checked on friday and saw no bumps. Was there a bump?

#821 Ros  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

Yes, Saturday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#822 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11587 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

hold the Fuck up, I was gone for a bit. I checked on friday and saw no bumps. Was there a bump?

Oh, you poor poor man.

Yes.

EDIT - Plus there was an extra 10% bonus to TIV at Prestige stores on Sat.

Plus a B2G1 on pre-owned items at Prestige stores on Sat.

#823 Momo3412  

Momo3412

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

How often to prestige stores have a prestige day?

#824 ghost1914  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

It's funny being apart of multiple threads and seeing how different groups on here are

#825 ghost1914  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

This is the first one I know of.

#826 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

If anyone has done any trading in Dekalb County, GA, please send me a PM.  Thanks.

#827 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:29 AM

My local GameStop employee was happy with my trades this weekend because he said I being in good quality games they usually don't carry. Look forward to the day I can access more information until then I will keep trucking and probably buy that halo sword for my daughter.

#828 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

Talk to my GS.  They said it was their 1st time running this program and may be done on a quarterly business model.

Then again his personality is so laid back, I can only take his word with a grain of salt.

#829 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

My local GameStop employee was happy with my trades this weekend because he said I being in good quality games they usually don't carry. Look forward to the day I can access more information until then I will keep trucking and probably buy that halo sword for my daughter.

If you're a PUR member I hope you put that halo sword coupon to use.

#830 rustyra24   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

rustyra24

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

If you're a PUR member I hope you put that halo sword coupon to use.

Will do and maybe they did not raise the price and it's still 40 bucks

#831 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

Fuck your resume! Just attach your master's degree...you'll be fine haha

That only works if its 2 master's degrees.

#832 Kyle1022  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

I had an account back in 2014, but it was with a work email that has been since deactivated (hindsight is always 20/20).  I have been through many flips, deals, and glitches and shown many CAGawans the way.  But if it makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and sneer.

And funny how whenever you call out a new account, they always have some bullshit excuse like this :)

#833 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

And funny how whenever you call out a new account, they always have some bullshit excuse like this :)

Even funnier when a deactivated email wouldn't keep you from logging into CAG. Unless he forgot his password that is.

#834 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

Some dude went in with a bunch of values saved to the ap from last night, holding a bunch of customers up. Had a huge stack of games and was being a bit rude about the whole situation. Basically gets into a whole situation with the guy that held up myself and a few other people waiting to check out since there was only one employee. Long story short is the Employee got real suspicious with him at the end since he had a shit-ton of games saved on the app,  knew a lot about the trade-in system and the apps/policies, yet he still claimed he didn't have a Pro account yet and needed to sign up for a new one. 

It was just really awkward because he was making it obvious he had multiple accounts, being rude, pushing for like 10+ price matches from yesterday's values, all while using a digital coupon + 5$.

If having the information more secretive means that more people like that don't get involved, it's for the better.

I agree. I'm curious though, did he actually get the expired quotes honored?

#835 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

It's funny being apart of multiple threads and seeing how different groups on here are

For those of us only in 1 thread, care to share any differences?

#836 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Just a heads up, using the energy sword coupon would just make the energy sword $19.99 from original retain price of $59.99. Even if it begins from 39.97 on clearance, scanning the coupon would only knock it down to $19.99.

#837 PeePee Dandy  

PeePee Dandy

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

I guess it is what it is at this point. As someone who admittedly did not contribute for 6 or so years of being here, it's my own fault. At the time I didn't really see it as a malicious act though, especially when a lot of the time we could have used less people talking about god knows what. I just want to put it out there though that there are plenty of us that know what we are doing, don't blab to the outside world and are polite reasonable human beings (most of the time.) The June bump was a perfect storm, both fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. Good luck out there to everyone new and old in the future, especially those that actually like to play video games and use this to lessen the cost.

#838 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7017 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

No! Don't do this! If we know how old an account is and how many posts they have, which is readily available information, it's a bannable offense for completely legit reasons!