Walmart email canceling SNES classic preorder

Pav

CAGiversary!
Anyone else get this?

It says they made a mistake putting it up for pre-order. I didn't order an obscene amount.

"Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Also got it. Here's the full text:

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

Warm regards,
Deserie Dulaney
Sr. Director Customer Care
Walmart.com

Anyone else get this?

It says they made a mistake putting it up for pre-order. I didn't order an obscene amount.
All order most likely get cancel because their system made a mistake taking preorder. You're not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the email as well.

tenor.gif

Thanks Op, checked my promotions folder and got my cancellation notice as well. Guess they aren't going to do any preorders on this item.

Got my order in minutes after the pre-order went live. Got the cancellation email about an hour ago. Glad I didn't cancel my Amazon UK pre-order after ordering from Walmart. Of course I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one doesn't get cancelled as well. This is a pretty big mistake by Walmart given how publicized the SNES Classic has been. Kind of hard to believe they would put the pre-order up accidentally. Ah well. Hopefully Nintendo truly does produce a ton of the SNES Classic.

Does anyone have a Classic NES cancellation email to trade for my SNES Classic email?  Mine is a USA so I expect yours to be the same.  PM me.  

Pretty annoyed that I foolishly thought I somehow got super lucky and ordered one with no trouble at all. Maybe Nintendo ordered Walmart to accidentally let the preorder go live to gauge interest in the product early so they could up production to meet demand. Haha nevermind.

I got the cancellation email but my order is still up on my account. This is ridiculous. Hopefully it somehow doesn't get cancelled but obviously that's a longshot.

I got the email, payment's still showing up on my Paypal summary though.

Edit: Refund received, shows as cancelled on the order page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the cancellation email but my order is still up on my account. This is ridiculous. Hopefully it somehow doesn't get cancelled but obviously that's a longshot.
I'm fully expecting to get another email soon saying the cancellation emails were what were accidental, not the pre-orders. Also expecting Nintendo to seriously under-produce the SNES Classic relative to demand then stop making them and innocently announce they had no idea there would be much interest in the console.

Not even a gift card for our troubles? Classic Walmart.
Man c'mon. They honor price mistakes or give giftcards to make up for price mistake cancels. I hate Walmart like the next but we all knew that they adding preorders was a mistake and a glitch. We can't expect a giftcard from that.

Got the cancellation email but my order still says processing. Reminds me of the Tekken 7 pre order boo boo they made..I got the cancellation email but it took them a day to remove it from my account..did get a nice 10 dollar gift card for the trouble

lol it's funny how the majority of people who complain about threads are usernames I never see. Also hopefully people didn't cancel their U.K. Order if they happened to get one from Walmart cause that would be ever worse.

Thank op for putting out this thread on the deal section. Not a deal but relevant info for those who pre ordered. Unfortunately mine got cancelled as well :(

I miss the good ol' days when you could actually pre-order a system months ahead of time and pick it up on launch. Now, you have to look at your computer or phone 24/7 and camp out thanks to Nintendo playing the artificial shortage game.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back