Vikings - Wolves of Midgard (Xbox One) $19.99

Most Gamestops only have the "New" used copy that sits on the wall and they take the disc out of the drawer. At least in my area.

Looks like Amazon is completely sold out of the PS4 version (at least sold and shipped by them) as its only third parties that have it, that's why they aren't matching Gamestop's $19.99 price for the PS4 version. 

I noticed Gamestop also has The Dwarves for $19.99.  Is that a similar type game?  Would probably pick up that for the price if it is.

Looks like Amazon is completely sold out of the PS4 version (at least sold and shipped by them) as its only third parties that have it, that's why they aren't matching Gamestop's $19.99 price for the PS4 version.

I noticed Gamestop also has The Dwarves for $19.99. Is that a similar type game? Would probably pick up that for the price if it is.
Vikings is an action RPG, Dwarves is a "tactical RPG" with multiple characters to control and some real time elements. They're not really the same type of game, personally The Dwarves doesn't look interesting to me, but I'm more into pure action RPG games.

Gamestop only has gutted copies of the PS4 version in my area, so I ordered the XBox One version from Amazon.
Same reason I ordered from Amazon, as every Gamestop around my area has USED-passed-by-New copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI theres a free trial on the XBox Store if you want to try before you buy.

I thought the game was OK. However, with Victor Vran, Diablo 3 and soon Path of Exile as other choices I'd probably steer away from this one. Though obviously your choice of RPGs and hack and slashs on the X1 are lacking.

FYI theres a free trial on the XBox Store if you want to try before you buy.

I thought the game was OK. However, with Victor Vran, Diablo 3 and soon Path of Exile as other choices I'd probably steer away from this one. Though obviously your choice of RPGs and hack and slashs on the X1 are lacking.

Thankfully the Xbox One still gets the bigger name studios for RPGs...at the end it's all about quality than quantity, and they seem to go on sale quicker than on ps4 which is always a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back