New Computer Desk Chair

Sinfulfate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
Looking to get a new computer desk chair but its so hard to find the right one when I can't sit on it first to test it out. I'm looking to spend around $200.  I did some searching and found these three that look pretty good and are within my price range. I'm leaning towards the Ikea markus since it comes with a 10 year warranty and I can go to the Ikea store and test it out first.  Any other suggestions or recommendations?

Ikea Markus

Ficmax 

Viva

Definitely check out the Hyken chair at staples :) It's very comfortable in my opinion. Plus, you might be able to try it out if you have a staples nearby.

Hyken Chair

My chair before this one, the "Corvair" chair was also great for the price. It isn't high-back, but it was so comfortable! I only replaced it because my husband needed a new chair ;) It use to be sold at staples, but I don't think they carry it in store anymore. It's available at Quill (which is owned by staples, I think).

Corvair Chair

That chair looks really nice. How long have you had it?
I've had it for about a year and a half. I haven't had any issues with it and find it very comfortable :) Great chair for the price. It's constantly on sale for $129 - I don't think I've ever seen it full price lol

Those two chairs definitely need some kind of cushion.
I have a similar chair that Katsumi posted, this one, that is the mesh bottom and I can say that these types of chairs are very comfortable. Cushioned chairs are nice to sit on for short periods but as the cushion gives away, the chairs become very uncomfortable. This is especially problematic on cheaper chairs where the cushions give out quickly and ultimately lose all softness.

The mesh bottom chairs don't give you that initial softness when you sit but they also stay consistently firm over time and also, they're super breathable so my ass stays cool. I've had my chair for 2 years now and love it.

I went with the hyken chair. The chair is very comfortable but it does feel weird going from a big cushion chair to a smaller mesh one.  Once I get more use to it though it wont feel so weird. 

Oh, great choice! Mesh does take getting use to if you've always used a cushioned chair, but it really is comfortable and you don't have to worry about the cushion slowly squishing :)

bread's done
Back