* * * * - 4 votes

Cobalt (X1) FREE on Japanese M$ Store Region Free

Free game Xbox one download x1

#31 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5517 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

Is Microsoft going to lifetime ban thousands of accounts because they clicked on a 3rd party website link to get a free game or are they going to give out $10 store credit and an apology for having to revoke something that was free because of a mistake on their end?

No idea - but I know for sure that my account isn't going to be nuked. Your risk level may be lower than mine in this instance.

#32 freeza   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

I have been on Xbox Live gold for years.  I have many games and purchases that I would hate to lose.  

Major Nelson also said that the DRM in the Xbox One cannot just be removed so easily but it was when the backlash occurred.  

I'm not even sure Major Nelson is a good authority for this, this is more a "legal' terms of use issue.

Regardless I got the game.  Its from the official Xbox Japan site and it's still under gold.  If anything, it will be removed from my account.

I honestly don't think that anyone will get banned for this, at least I hope not.

#33 BronsonsArmor   Comic Books and Coffee CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

BronsonsArmor

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:28 AM

No idea - but I know for sure that my account isn't going to be nuked. Your risk level may be lower than mine in this instance.

Sounds like you have your mind made up already but I just wanted to put it out there that I too have also invested a great deal of time and money into my Xbox account. I would NOT download something that I believed would even have the slightest chance of getting me banned, and I sure as hell would not make a video on it if others were at the same risk. Just wanted to get that out there!

#34 unFunGames  

unFunGames

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:25 AM

Just click the link. You dont need to go into the Japanese Xbox store.

#35 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

Thanks OP!

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#36 BronsonsArmor   Comic Books and Coffee CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

BronsonsArmor

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

Thanks OP!

Glad to help! Enjoy!

#37 Danimal   CheapAssing it Since 2003 CAGiversary!   2901 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Much appreciated, OP!

Red+Hot+Sand.png

#38 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   834 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:17 AM

Let me know when there's a game that doesn't suck! J/k, thanks for posting the vid.

#39 letsgetacid   Would you kindly? CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

letsgetacid

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

I redeemed the game, but I'm not seeing it in my library. Wonder if they did something to fix this?

Edit: Scratch that. Might just be b/c I'm on the new dashboard, but under "Ready to Install" there was a "Show Lastest Items" thing that refreshed the library.

6pnk7d.jpg

#40 ShirtSizeXXXLXT   Fluffernutter 4LIFE CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

The paranoid folks gotta calm their tits.  Grow a pair of nuts and get the free game.  It's no big deal.  Play it, show your mom then go eat dinner.  

804123.png

If you have a Gameboy Micro for sale, I would like to buy it from you!

#41 stnkygrngo   CAGringo CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

stnkygrngo

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:45 AM

Ya know....if you are using Google Chrome, you can just click the "Translate from Japanese to English" button underneath your URL line.

#42 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:26 AM

What's the next free JP GWG?

#43 nattybohman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

nattybohman

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

Got the game, but didn't like it. I couldn't get past the second stage of the tutorial. It wanted me to attack something, but none of the buttons did anything.

Uninstalled after hitting all controller buttons for about ten minutes, but it was free so no big deal.

Looking forward to seeing what the next game is though.

Posted Image
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

#44 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

Next game in Japan Korea will be Powerstar Golf (I assume the full version) available from 9/16 - 10/15. Link: http://www.xbox.com/...games-with-gold

Knowing it's safe to get these games now makes me wish I had gotten LocoCycle and Kalimba when they were available. It is worth nothing though, that this is the second time Powerstar Golf has been available through foreign markets, so I assume they will repeat the others in the future, if not offer them to the US first.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#45 mrcheapo11   Whoooooooooooooop! CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

mrcheapo11

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Lococycle is free via Games with Gold in India: https://www.microsof...le/br3fwzmh6zcz

Powerstar Golf (full game) is also now available in Japan: https://www.microsof...ック/c4jw4m3966hl

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!