* * * - - 2 votes

Target ad 8/6-8/12 30% off any XB1 or PS4 game when you reserve a game for $1

#91 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

Been looking for FIFA all over the place but having a hard time finding it anywhere near me.  Are folks seeing it in store?  I checked random zip codes in major metro areas across the US and found nothing.  Granted, this was using the Target website, maybe I should try Brickseek.

See if "ship to store" is an option on Target.com. That's what I did for FIFA.

#92 bondgirl  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:12 AM

Can I try an Amazon price match on Ghost Recon Wildlands and then use the 30% off?

#93 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:22 AM

Can I try an Amazon price match on Ghost Recon Wildlands and then use the 30% off?

Price-matching + this offer has already been addressed in this forum.

The answer is yes, but it's YMMV as an employee could try to prevent it if he/she knows about the offer and cares to stop you. As far as I know, there are not any terms/conditions listed on the print ad that say you can't still price-match though.

#94 Ibacai  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:25 AM

The answer is yes, but it's YMMV as an employee could try to prevent it if he/she knows about the offer and cares to stop you. As far as I know, there are not any terms/conditions listed on the print ad that say you can't still price-match though.

It's not stipulations on the ad but it's clearly stated in the price match section that you aren't supposed to be able to use cartwheel and price match at the same time. Most employees are ignorant or don't care though.

#95 bondgirl  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:27 AM

Thanks, sorry I must have overlooked it somehow. 

#96 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

It's not stipulations on the ad but it's clearly stated in the price match section that you aren't supposed to be able to use cartwheel and price match at the same time. Most employees are ignorant or don't care though.

Yes I know that. The 30% offer this week is not a cartwheel offer though.

#97 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:30 AM

Has anyone found any good Pm deals with the 30%?

#98 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

Thanks, sorry I must have overlooked it somehow. 

Not a big deal. Good luck with your purchase :)

#99 Ibacai  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

Yes I know that. The 30% offer this week is not a cartwheel offer though.

Whoops, my mistake. I kept lumping in the FIFA deal.

#100 OD Glock19   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

OD Glock19

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

I mean for things that haven't gone on sale yet at all ( ex: fortnite ) then this 35% is better than gcu 20%

This isn't sold in stores......at least anywhere around Dallas anyway......I guess you could use it online?

#101 Naterade009   Banned Banned   113 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Naterade009

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

It's sold at my store.

#102 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Has anyone found any good Pm deals with the 30%?

YMMV but I PM Megaman Legacy coll 2 and Need for Speed both for PS4 to bestbuy a couple of days ago. The person working in electronics and another person working at the front checkout lanes only asked to check my phone and they gave me the GCU unlocked price which is $15.99 each. The extra 30% off made it $11 before taxes.

Second day I PM'd another copy of Megaman Legacy coll 2 in the checkout lanes, and it was a good to go!

In my experience customer service will always pull it up on the ipad/tablet by themselves when you try to price match up front, so you most likely won't be getting the GCU price there. If it's over a certain percentage off 50% or more I believe, they will need an override code from a Team Leader.

#103 Jake-McCall  

Jake-McCall

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

See if "ship to store" is an option on Target.com. That's what I did for FIFA.

If you buy it on Target.com, then you won't be able to do the 50% off Cartwheel offer (or did they change that now to allow Cartwheel online now?). Also, the 30% off offer with a pre-order reservation is also a store only deal, isn't it?

#104 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

If you buy it on Target.com, then you won't be able to do the 50% off Cartwheel offer (or did they change that now to allow Cartwheel online now?). Also, the 30% off offer with a pre-order reservation is also store only deal, isn't it?

Cartwheel is still in-store only. So... you could still have it shipped to store or your home, and then return/rebuy. Also, if you didn't pick the item up by the set deadline (if shipped to store), the order gets automatically cancelled meaning that the item would be available to purchase there like anything else (unless they don't sell the item at all & send it back to a warehouse).

#105 Jake-McCall  

Jake-McCall

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Cartwheel is still in-store only. So... you could still have it shipped to store or your home, and then return/rebuy. Also, if you didn't pick the item up by the set deadline (if shipped to store), the order gets automatically cancelled meaning that the item would be available to purchase there like anything else (unless they don't sell the item at all & send it back to a warehouse).

I guess that could work. You'd have to order early enough to give the item in question enough time to get to your store/home, so that you could do the return-rebuy before the Cartwheel offer expires.  Also, it's a bit YMMV if you get an ass of a CS employee who doesn't understand what you're trying to do, and thinks it's something suspicious to trick the system into giving you a deal you're not supposed to get.

It'd probably be a mistake though to ship it to your store and then just sit around waiting for the order to get cancelled. The limited time Cartwheel offer may expire before that happens.

#106 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

I guess that could work. You'd have to order early enough to give the item in question enough time to get to your store/home, so that you could do the return-rebuy before the Cartwheel offer expires.  Also, it's a bit YMMV if you get an ass of a CS employee who doesn't understand what you're trying to do, and thinks it's something suspicious to trick the system into giving you a deal you're not supposed to get.

It'd probably be a mistake though to ship it to your store and then just sit around waiting for the order to get cancelled. The limited time Cartwheel offer may expire before that happens.

Of course you'd have to have it shipped early enough. My suggestion may not be an option for everyone, but that's for you to determine.

Also, you don't have to wait for the system to autocancel. You can manually do it as well, or just have it shipped to your house.

As for the checkout process, Target employees don't have a problem with you using Cartwheel. It exists for a reason. Just be friendly and explain that you wanted to buy the item in-store because a Cartwheel offer would make it cheaper to save you some money.