Stupid question about the nintendo switch

dracula

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I'm probably going to wait until Black Friday to hope for some sort of deal before getting a switch, I am reading up on it, and it looks like the switch is not backwards compatible, BUT if you bought old games on the Wii shop channel or Wii U shop channel, it will play those games, because those shop channel games are now tied to the account, and not the platform.

So I can buy rondo of blood for Wii, along with chrono trigger wii, ogre battle 64 wii u, and they will all play on the switch, correct?

What about import Wii and Wii U shop channel games, the usa has fewer neo geo and pc engine duo games on the usa Wii, should I just pick up a Wii on the cheap, then set the region to Japan and get the games that way?  Will that screw up my usa account at all or just register it with a different email and all that and the 2 accounts will have nothing to do with the other?  How does that work?

You are incorrect. Your old games no matter where you bought them will not play on your Switch. Only Switch games currently play on your Switch

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You are incorrect. Your old games no matter where you bought them will not play on your Switch. Only Switch games currently play on your Switch

Right, I have no old games, I never owned a Wii or Wii U. can I buy the switch, and access ALL of the previous shop channel games, and buy and download them on the switch? (like dkc games, ogre battle 64 for wii u, rondo of blood wii etc)

No. They still don't have a shop where you can access those. Maybe in the future but knowing Nintendo they will probably make you re-buy all of them. The only games you can play are games release specifically for the Switch. I'm sorry.

Oh well that sucks, I'm not getting one then, maybe later if they ever sort this out.  There are some good games on the shop channels, but I am not getting separate systems for them all.

I'm in the same boat as you bud, waiting for a good deal on a Switch, but if the supply and demand have been any indication, I don't think we'll see any price cuts or good bundles for some time. It's still printing Nintendo money faster than they can make them. 

I'm in the same boat as you bud, waiting for a good deal on a Switch, but if the supply and demand have been any indication, I don't think we'll see any price cuts or good bundles for some time. It's still printing Nintendo money faster than they can make them.
I'm hoping for a deal on black friday for the switch. Honestly, I'll probably get a new ds system on BF for 2017, maybe wait a year or 2 for the switch, get a system on bf 2018 or 2019. It certainly looks like it will be a good one

I'm really enjoying the Switch.  I didn't own the Wii U, but I played this more in 2 months than the lifespan of my Wii.  

I'm hoping for a deal on black friday for the switch. Honestly, I'll probably get a new ds system on BF for 2017, maybe wait a year or 2 for the switch, get a system on bf 2018 or 2019. It certainly looks like it will be a good one
Smartest approach. There are plenty of amazing games on the wii u and wii you can play in the meantime. And the switch has many design quirks they'll iron out with a refresh in 2 years anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smartest approach. There are plenty of amazing games on the wii u and wii you can play in the meantime. And the switch has many design quirks they'll iron out with a refresh in 2 years anyways.
Oh I bit and got a s switch already(300 plus tax at GameStop). I'll buy a lot of discounted new games on Black Friday and probably a new 3ds but I'm already playing Mario kart on the switch along with some eshop games

IIRC they rarely put more than 1 or 2 games of their first party titles for their main system on sale on black friday.

bread's done
Back