(Back!) Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (NEW) $14.99 at ebgames.com

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Looks like a temp price drop since the used version is still $34.99[/QUOTE]

In that case, it's a good thing EB isn't offering a $20 rebate, or we'd all be forced to listen to a variety of threads on EB screwing us over again. :D

I paid $39 for this game, (which is actually the most I've ever spent on a game) and it was totally worth it. Probably my favorite game of this generation. Don't pass this up.

Awesome deal... I totally want to get this using my Syphon Filter rebate, but I ended up getting a $10 code instead of the $20... and I want to see if they will fix it, but I don't know if I should push my luck with that. Nice find, OP.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Best game on the system. Great price.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Have you played RE4 yet? ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk']Nice price.....hopefully this is the first sign of a universal drop rather than temporary. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've been waiting for a long time, would've normally picked it up when it came out but had no money for it at the time. I'm waiting for BB to have it for this price so I can GGC this bad boy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Agreed. I've been waiting for a long time, would've normally picked it up when it came out but had no money for it at the time. I'm waiting for BB to have it for this price so I can GGC this bad boy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to say that, but I would be like a broken record. Everytime I see a post about a new game at the $20 price point at somewhere other than BB, I reference the GGC. ;)

For those of you wanting to wait to use the GGC, keep in mind that this is probably just an EB-only temporary price drop. Paper Mario was $20 once too but is now back to $50...

Just bought this game on total impulse. It will never be cheaper than this new, ever, and furthermore, I'd like to get the nice holographic packaging before it goes lame and player's choice-ish.

Question, is this game good? I liked the first Prime, though I never finished it--I got half-way through, then moved up to school again, forgot to play for a while, and before I knew it, when I started it up, I had no idea where I had left off and what I had to do next.

Still, I really liked the feel of the first Prime. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Also, someone mentioned "saver"...I assume that refers to the 2 dollar shipping and not some coupon code, since its a new copy and there are no codes for it...

Peace.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Just bought this game on total impulse. It will never be cheaper than this new, ever, and furthermore, I'd like to get the nice holographic packaging before it goes lame and player's choice-ish.

Question, is this game good? I liked the first Prime, though I never finished it--I got half-way through, then moved up to school again, forgot to play for a while, and before I knew it, when I started it up, I had no idea where I had left off and what I had to do next.

Still, I really liked the feel of the first Prime. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Also, someone mentioned "saver"...I assume that refers to the 2 dollar shipping and not some coupon code, since its a new copy and there are no codes for it...

Peace.[/QUOTE]

The first part of your post will almost certainly turn out to be false. I would bet quite a bit that eventually this will be less than $20 new. Of course, by then it'll likely be a players choice title, which would likely lack the cool cover art as you indicated.

Oh I love ebgames.com price drops!!

lets see so far to day in 2 different orders I have gotten shenmue, a dreamcast controller, a dreamcast VMU, MP2: echoes, all for a total of $33. Not to bad for me, if only I had an edge card or else it could have been cheaper

[quote name='chickenhawk']The first part of your post will almost certainly turn out to be false. I would bet quite a bit that eventually this will be less than $20 new. Of course, by then it'll likely be a players choice title, which would likely lack the cool cover art as you indicated.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, Target might have it at 16.88 for one week, but the truth is, very rarely do first party nintendo games drop under 20 dollars new.

Great game. Metroid Prime is the best video game of all time (well, it's my favorite one anyway) and this one is just a hair worse.

I don't think EB is going to fix the rebate thing, so I gave in and got my copy (which I would have eventually purchased anyways). CAG15/SAVER is working fine, so I got a cheap-o PSX game too.

[quote name='js1']I would get it, if the fucking paper mario rebate would get here already![/QUOTE]

Did you get a confirmation e-mail about it? When I did the rebate "Buy 2 PSP games and get a $10 GV", I got an e-mail by the end of the week and the GV came in 2 weeks later. I haven't gotten anything about Paper Mario yet...I was hoping to use the $20 GV on Kirby, but I cracked and bought Kirby today anyway...

Good deal. It's a quality game... just starts off very slow, and DAMN do I ever wish I could access the Hard Mode without beating Regular Difficulty first. Regular Difficulty is pretty boring after having gone happily through Metroid Zero Mission's Hard Diff.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I called when my paper mario rebate was taking forever and it arrived soon afterward. Consider riding them about it.[/QUOTE]

Where did you call, out of curiosity? Is there a phone number or e-mail address listed somewhere on the site? I'll gladly annoy the shit out of them, if it means getting my GV sooner rather than later.

I tried putting in a 0.99 game, but the 15 percent doesnt come off the whole order, which I thought it did. Oh well...not worth it just to save a buck or so on shipping.

Is there any way to combine the Reservation Rewards $10 voucher with any other sort of coupon? I'd like to try and get free shipping with MP2, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize shipping was 1.99. Great deal, nonetheless.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I tried putting in a 0.99 game, but the 15 percent doesnt come off the whole order, which I thought it did. Oh well...not worth it just to save a buck or so on shipping.[/QUOTE]
It's never taken off the whole order if the order included new games. It only takes 15% off preplayed games.

Looks like its dead. It's showing up as $49.99 in my cart even though it still says $19.99 prior to adding into the cart.

Nice find! I used to own MP2, but for some reason it always make me dizzy.. so I am just here to support the thread. :)

bread's done
Back