Amazon and Prime Only..anyone have any idea on how long they leave that?

maryadavies

CAGiversary!
Okay. You may of heard that all Disney movies are getting pulled off Netflix in the near future, namely sometime in 2019. (Ouch. Disney is starting their own streaming service then, we can't subscribe to more than one right now)

Luckily we have most of them in our collection except some of the newer ones. (Some of them on VHS tape though; if things get better we will replace'em with DVDs) I've been eyeing Moana on Amazon. One problem at this moment. The deal for the combo is Prime Only right now..

I'm in no rush (2019 is a ways away after all!) so I'm willing to wait and not pounce yet. I did call them and they tried to sell me Prime, but right now that isn't in the budget.  (If things get better I'll consider it, not just for the shipping, for the streaming too since I have a Fire stick.)

Does anyone have any idea on how long they leave something like that Prime only? Oh and before anyone asks; I do buy a lot of stuff off there because I get a lot of free gift cards from GPT sites. Amazon just happens to be a really good deal for the points...I don't like going for third party sellers unless I REALLY have to though since I've heard of people getting cheated. Have had good luck either way though so far.

Also I just like getting the combos b/c I have that PS3, I can play blu-rays no problem. ^^ Makes it so I can watch in my room and my sister can watch in the living room at the same time. Which..is really nice.

Clover; I wasn't aware that was possible. I'll think about it, tho I don't know if I make $100 in a year so I could pay that again...

62t; I think I mentioned I'm NOT in a hurry? The change is happening in 2019. I'm willing to wait since we can stream that on Netflix at the moment. Just so you know, when I want something, I put it on wishlist first and wait. I had delayed buying that in the first place BECAUSE of netflix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon locking offers behind prime membership is a recent practice so we haven't seen it long enough to know if it is a limited time practice , per item or category, random or not.

A few game items started out Prime only, then changed to available for all.  Sometimes product is reserved for Prime members, sometimes it special pricing.

It's too early to make a call on it.  

Thanks theemadgamer.

I've seen this happen before; it was a month or so but the prime-only would pop off. If this "trick you into thinking it's available to all until you look/try to add to basket" is recent tho, I'm glad I have my wishlist habit. That prolly saved me from having to get something I can't afford.

I'll just keep a eye on it; if the prime only thing doesn't go away within a reasonable timeframe, I'll think about pricematching at Walmart or something instead. Or ask my brother w/Prime and pay him back. As it is, I'm trying to get a list of Disney-things that my nieces really like so we can have them on disk for when it happens, but because I got over a year and a half, I'm not in a rush.

The plan for newer disney/pixar movies? Simple. Redbox or local library for first view, then i'll decide if I want to buy. ^^ (Library lets you borrow newer movies for three days for free, which I'd say good deal. If you got one that lends out DVDs near you, I'd strongly suggest to all CAGs to take advantage!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clover; I'll think about it tho that brother wasn't interested in sharing PSN accounts (I won't share that with anyone unless you're related to me for security reasons), so I don't know if he'd share that with me either. Not in a rush though to pounce right now, I think I mentioned Netflix has it, tho they are only going to have it for one more year? Okay. ^^

It's going to take me time to get The List of Things My Nieces Like From Disney That Are Disappearing With The Streaming Change anyhoo.

Ser; you think someone who wouldn't share their PSN would share Prime with the family?

...It's not likely, tho I'll find a time when he's not grumpy to ask him. The answer most likely will be "no" though sadly, I think.

bread's done
Back