* * - - - 3 votes

GameStop Switch Trade-in Offers 11th-20th

#31 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Thank you, Cheapy. Your response is quick and reasonable. Hopefully all of us can do our part to keep our community together rather than become toxic.

#32 dav2sil  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'm assuming that you would need to trade in a controller to get this price for there Xbox....

Yes....

#33 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Excellent response and decision. Mods do need respect of course, but respect is earned and can also be lost.

I understand that this is his site, his baby, his business. I completely respect how he wants to run it. I equally respect his decision on the reversal of the bannings. I, however, have to disagree on the slap on the wrist stop being mean response. This all started by the individual that has the responsibility to maintain order. He initiated all controversy using his platform and privileges as a weapon and it invited the response he got, giving him more reason to use that power.

Although it's all in the past id like to think that he had more than just a little culpability as to why GameStop changed procedures here and there.

Alas, all is in the past so I'll leave it there. Im just hopeful that the chaos is over

#34 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15438 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

I'm assuming that you would need to trade in a controller to get this price for there Xbox....

Yep! Controller and all cords.

#35 dav2sil  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

I spoke to thor about the incident and I've decided to unban the affected users. Mistakes were made by thor, and in this case there were extenuating circumstances. It would be great if users didn't attack our mods (and other members too) but we recognize that this comes with the territory and we sometimes need to be able to turn the other cheek. Thor and I had a good discussion about this and he won't be making the same mistakes again. It would be awesome if we all could be a little nicer to each other.

tl:dr we are sorry for the bannings and they are reversed. please don't attack the mods.

Have you looked into adding more mods? Specifically ones that frequent the deal section more amd don't come in once in a blue moon and start banning people. I get he's a mod but if anyone else posted with so little info, they would get shit too. Kyle and BB would be good candidates. Sure they have sarcastic comments here and there, but many of us do, and they look out for the community. Those are my 2 cents.

#36 HustlerKid   Im just here for the comments CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

HustlerKid

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

I spoke to thor about the incident and I've decided to unban the affected users. Mistakes were made by thor, and in this case there were extenuating circumstances. It would be great if users didn't attack our mods (and other members too) but we recognize that this comes with the territory and we sometimes need to be able to turn the other cheek. Thor and I had a good discussion about this and he won't be making the same mistakes again. It would be awesome if we all could be a little nicer to each other.

tl:dr we are sorry for the bannings and they are reversed. please don't attack the mods.

Can't we just start a gofund to get Wario64 back? Honestly not to be a dick but these problems didn't exist when he was running the deals...and I have a hard time forgiving abuse of power myself...

Edit: I also support BB and Kyle becoming mods. They have helped the community 100x more than you know who...just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

Bb-Kyle 2020!

#38 lakers2008   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

lakers2008

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

how would this work? do they have it in stock or will take place an order and you have to wait 1-2 weeks to go pick it up after the trade in?

#39 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

how would this work? do they have it in stock or will take place an order and you have to wait 1-2 weeks to go pick it up after the trade in?

I believe "all" Gamestops are suppose to be getting a small batch of standalone Switches in within the next few days. Of course Gamestop is making a huge deal about it. My local store is getting 5 units. I think you just have to be lucky and be at the store after they arrive.

I don't think it works with an online order. Unless you can get one online and do a return / rebuy with your trade in-store.

#40 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6258 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

From the CAG rules page...

"You may not engage in any behavior that interferes with the operation of CAG or its enjoyment by other users."

Does this include unreasonable bannings?

#41 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Wondering if we are going to get a Stealth Ban Weekend soon...

#42 YawnAmuroYawn  

YawnAmuroYawn

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

I'm back from the banned see! The water was a little salty. Thanks Cheapy for jumping in and pulling me out! And thanks community for pointing out I was lost at sea. Never will I ever bring up homophones again. In on 2 for the deal. Supposed tiered trade coming soon.

#43 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14397 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Don't know why this was edited to cut out my edit about Splatoon 2, but that's a great game. Everyone should get it with the credit they get from this awesome deal.

Still, was that it's not $150 for every Xbone. Just that One S.

No its $150 for any XB1. VCR or Slim.

#44 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

No its $150 for any XB1. VCR or Slim.

Prove it.

#45 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1187 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

It's cool that brotherly love won the day, but the current GS ad thread remains blacklisted and banned.

#46 shady520   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

Prove it.

I am not sure what it is either way but even the PS4 Pro and X1S 2TB are currently less than this offer, we really need someone to try it out before anything is set in stone.

#47 Choboy456  

Choboy456

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Do you have an Xbox without the controller?..

#48 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

tbh if those values are for any Xone and any 3DS, I can dump my originals for a Switch and just resell that, even below MSRP it would get me more than I could sell either of those for these days

#49 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8520 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

It's cool that brotherly love won the day, but the current GS ad thread remains blacklisted and banned.

Curious as to why?

#50 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4205 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

It's back now.

#51 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

It's back now.

It looks locked to me.

#52 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4205 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

It looks locked to me.

I didn't lock it. Ask OP to unlock.

#53 Shuganator   Banned Banned   39 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Shuganator

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:01 PM

So why did all these banning occur? Why is Blackbeard banned? Can anyone let me know.

#54 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14397 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Prove it.

http://www.gamestop....jrB2xDQmT8fokqQ

Someone earlier posted the link on the GS site, jackass.

No wonder people don't feel comfortable posting on CAG anymore. If you're not in the cool kids club then F off is the attitude around here anymore.

#55 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

http://www.gamestop....jrB2xDQmT8fokqQ

Someone earlier posted the link on the GS site, jackass.

No wonder people don't feel comfortable posting on CAG anymore. If you're not in the cool kids club then F off is the attitude around here anymore.

So when it turns out that 'up to' again means only the PS4 Pro gets $200, you'll be shooting me an apology?

#56 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14397 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

So when it turns out that 'up to' again means only the PS4 Pro gets $200, you'll be shooting me an apology?

The up to means as long as no refurb fee is needed & all components are included, you get the stated amount. Try again troll.

#57 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Didn't think so.

#58 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

The up to means as long as no refurb fee is needed & all components are included, you get the stated amount. Try again troll.

Keen is most likely not wrong. Previous promotions like this that mention "Up to xxx credit" still have different values for the same family of systems. The last one was a couple of months ago, and the PS4 Pro was the only model that got full value - other PS4's got less. I'm as hopeful as anyone that the original PS4 gets the full $200, but I never take Gamestop at their word :)

Hopefully someone can confirm once Gamestop actually has stock available.

#59 mcnickolov   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

mcnickolov

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Do you have an Xbox without the controller?..

#60 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2649 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Will you apologize to him when it turns out he's right?